Gaming Revo K101. Problems with loading saved games.

VanFanel1980mx

Storm Trooper
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I tried my best to get K-team back on the scene and interested in fixing the bug, but I guess general interest and patience in this device and a fix just disappeared.

I wonder if we could get the sellers to swap out the K-card for an EZ Flash.

I AM legitimately interested in it, I am not even a programmer but I am willing to dig into the files just for the sake of injecting life to the REVO.

maxzhou88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hi.baidu.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
the K101 save problem has been solved and new firmware has been updated.

http://kteam.ys168.com/ K101_K_FW_2014-04-22(PID00620601).rar (save bug fixed)

For older firmware, when the power shut down in game and the green LED turn off, if you hold the power button for 2 ~ 3 seconds , there will not be a save problem(Some TF's speed is too low, it cause saving issues) . This is a theoretical basis for new firmware to solve the save problem.

maxzhou88

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hi.baidu.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Revo-K101 Firmware Update -- Instructions (maxzhou88's Game Players version)

1. Download the firmware update file "K_FW.bin"
2. Copy "K_FW.bin" to your TF card and be sure to put the file under root directory
3. Keep pressing and holding the SELECT button and switch on your device's Power switch
4. You will see the following message shown on the screen:

New firmware loaded.
B: Abort & test firmware
START: Update firmware to SPI

5. Press "START" button to update Or Press "B" button to quit and test the new firmware

6. If you choose "START", you will see the following message:

Updating SPI...
K_FW.BIN

7. When finished, please switch off and then power on your device again.
8. Everything should be done now.
(9. If something wrong, repeat the update procedure again.)

NOTE:

1. The new firmware update procedure is now brick-proof.
That is to say you can re-flash your device following above procedure again once you encounter some problem
(Say low battery or turn off the device when updating.) You can also go back to older version if you want.

2. This update is only valid for Maxzhou88's K1 device. Please check your PID on the HELP page of main page:
(Using L/R to navigate to pages on main screen)
Make sure you see the correct PID : 00620601

-------------- Machine Info --------------
PID 00620601 : Revo K101 <-- Maxzhou88's version, upgradable! (maxzhou88's Game Players version)
PSN 140422 : Firmware version (date code)

subsub2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having this issue on the Revo K101+. It has the newest firmware. Save files on Castlevania Circle of the Moon will either disappear or revert to old, despite frequently using * + Start to backup. This is very frustrating in a game like Castlevania. Hope it can be fixed before I move onto more intense RPGs.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having this issue on the Revo K101+. It has the newest firmware. Save files on Castlevania Circle of the Moon will either disappear or revert to old, despite frequently using * + Start to backup. This is very frustrating in a game like Castlevania. Hope it can be fixed before I move onto more intense RPGs.
try if you are:

1. Don't save the games if the indicator light is in Red. Make sure the device is with full power- the indicator light in Green color
2. Format the memory card at FAT32. Try the memory card with a high quality

subsub2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try if you are:

1. Don't save the games if the indicator light is in Red. Make sure the device is with full power- the indicator light in Green color
2. Format the memory card at FAT32. Try the memory card with a high quality

Thank you for your response. However, this is not a battery issue. This happens with full power. The memory card is very high quality and is FAT32.

Every time I power down, the next time I power on and try to load the game, a horizontal red loading bar appears. Then the save file is missing. If I restart and load the game again, there is no horizontal red loading bar and the save file is there. However, every time I turn the power off, the save file is missing on the first load. Now it lost the save file completely. This is disappointing.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your response. However, this is not a battery issue. This happens with full power. The memory card is very high quality and is FAT32.

Every time I power down, the next time I power on and try to load the game, a horizontal red loading bar appears. Then the save file is missing. If I restart and load the game again, there is no horizontal red loading bar and the save file is there. However, every time I turn the power off, the save file is missing on the first load. Now it lost the save file completely. This is disappointing.

Concerning the red horizontal bar, it is because of the memory card you used. Did you try on using a different SD card? Try with the class 10 unit. Thanks.

subsub2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Concerning the red horizontal bar, it is because of the memory card you used. Did you try on using a different SD card? Try with the class 10 unit. Thanks.

Thank you for your response!

I am using a class 10 card at 80MB/s speed. This is the card, it is brand new and formatted correctly using the proper tool:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010Q57T02/

I get the red loading bar frequently when i try to start a game, and the save file is often deleted after this loading bar. Can you describe why the loading bar occurs? Is it possible to add an option to disable automatic saving and simply use *+Start?

I lost my save file to Castlevania after more than 20 hours of progress, and lost my Breath of Fire save after about 30-40 hours, so this is very disappointing especially since the Revo k101 was $90 when i purchased it.

Thank you!!

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if its been asked but I noticed the K to GBA .sav converter will not convert a Pokemon Emerald .sav anyone else have this issue or have a fix.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your response!

I am using a class 10 card at 80MB/s speed. This is the card, it is brand new and formatted correctly using the proper tool:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010Q57T02/

I get the red loading bar frequently when i try to start a game, and the save file is often deleted after this loading bar. Can you describe why the loading bar occurs? Is it possible to add an option to disable automatic saving and simply use *+Start?

I lost my save file to Castlevania after more than 20 hours of progress, and lost my Breath of Fire save after about 30-40 hours, so this is very disappointing especially since the Revo k101 was $90 when i purchased it.

Thank you!!
if possible, send us email at" [email protected]". I will let our technical men to follow your issue. Please copy the post you wrote on GBAtemp, which will remind us the issue you had. Thanks.

stormwolf18

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still having issues when saving even with the lastest firmware.
Even if i press special button + start to transfer the file to the sdcard or hold power button when shutting down.

Most of the time i get a Sd card not responding if i try to go back in the main menu.

Only issue but what a major issue this is.

zedbra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With loading a saved filed, should it load right where you saved it? I am confused. I have save files, but I don't know to load them back to where I was playing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo