Gaming Revo K101. Problems with loading saved games.

Adrian-E-C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does removing the cart damage it? It doesn't hurt any other system made
to date that I have knowledge of? Just freezes at the loss of currently running
media. Mine should be here in a couple days so I can try it if no one else will.
Does it have some kind of pins that secure the cartridge while its in use?
If not then no damage seems possible. I mean no offense but it should
be like opening the disc tray on a ps1 while playing a game or removing
the cartridge from n64 while playing etc. Systems just freeze until the
system is turned off media is reintroduced and power is switched back on.

Just trying to help resolve this.
Well, considering we do not have access to the Revo firmware, we really have no idea how is reads and writes information, so it is possible we could damage all the information on our card when taking the cartridge out while the system is powered on. It is a bit of an inconvenience to have to reload all of our games and saves. So perhaps you can try this method when you get the system and tell us how it works.

I am currently using the method of booting a second game up and saving it after I have dumped the game I actually want to save. It has been two weeks and there have been no corrupt saves yet. So that method seems pretty good.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the hardware supports hot swapping. pulling out the kcard should not damage anything because the kcard is just a storage device. during gaming it is only actively accessed when loading the rom, loading a save, or transferring a save from dram to the msd. i pulled my kcard a lot during the review and never had any lasting issues.

-another world

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! Thanks Another World!
The way they described their k101 had me second guessing my recent purchase.
Where there any noticeable issues from hot swapping from your kcard?

Momentary lag and possibly a two second glitch screen would be something I would expect,
But nothing game breaking I hope. I only intended my post to try to resolve the save corrupt issue,
So I guess as long as it doesn't lose the save afterwards then it has been fixed.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I have been doing my own word wrap and the forum does it for me. I do believe this is the most useful forum I have been on so far though. Really glad to see a responsive and analytical community help without being overly judge mental and unnecessarily aggressive.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My k101 has been sitting at a USPS sorting facility for 11 days... B(

I have messaged USPS about it and they will apparently not reply.
Highly aggravated. It made it halfway around the planet in five days
and the united states mail takes almost two weeks to drive it up three states?!

Any suggestions? Or Am I alone in this thread?

Jerret Douglass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My k101 has been sitting at a USPS sorting facility for 11 days... B(

I have messaged USPS about it and they will apparently not reply.
Highly aggravated. It made it halfway around the planet in five days
and the united states mail takes almost two weeks to drive it up three states?!

Any suggestions? Or Am I alone in this thread?

at least you got a tracking number. the people who sell these wont reply to any of my emails.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at least you got a tracking number. the people who sell these wont reply to any of my emails.

It took me 9 days to get an answer asking for a tracking number and they where rude. I had to give them my order number and then 2 days later I got the tracking number.

@anotherworld ~ the post replied to my message and said it is stuck in customs... Hopefully it will be released soon I want to play my IPS modded gba games. Especially since the only gba cart available is $100 dollars I can buy 3 gba systems on eBay for that... If anyone is looking for them though it took 2 months to find these

ez flash iv
http://goldenagegames.net/?p=11

Forget it they're gone now... That's the only one I have seen...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to drop back in and confirm saving the game dumping with *+start and removing the kcard and powering off the device has worked every time. Its a little bit faster and less annoying than starting up another game and creating a dummy save to take the hit instead. Sorry it took so long for me to confirm my theory. U.S. Customs had my revo for 3 weeks... This system is awesome. Only have minor issues with it not loading some user created or IPS patched Pokemon games but most of them work including the one I have been developing which will speed the development process along nicely. (:

Reactions: exangel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me in finding a higher capacity battery or in helping me to make one from rechargeable AA's and some cheap parts from RadioShack? I use my revo way too much for an 850 mah battery... Lasts around 5 hours. Also trying to figure out if it was modeled after another system so I can look into accessories like grips for each side. Thanks in advance and my apologies in advance if this is the wrong place for this. I'm new to actually contributing to forums. Usually just read them til recently.

VanFanel1980mx

Storm Trooper
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wish I could use my own cheats on the roms but no matter what I try, there seems to be no way to convert ARv3 codes onto that weird format the K1 uses.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could use my own cheats on the roms but no matter what I try, there seems to be no way to convert ARv3 codes onto that weird format the K1 uses.

They are telling me that the k1 runs GBC natively and it isn't using an emulator. However I have never had a GBC use boarders its useless to argue with them though. I believe another world is correct about them using goomba emulator from the screenshots I have seem from goomba.

I wish I could get some help on here in getting or making some accessories. Lol

Jerret Douglass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are telling me that the k1 runs GBC natively and it isn't using an emulator. However I have never had a GBC use boarders its useless to argue with them though. I believe another world is correct about them using goomba emulator from the screenshots I have seem from goomba.

I wish I could get some help on here in getting or making some accessories. Lol

GBC roms can be played on the kcard without goomba color but they wont save. gbc games are not native on the revo k101, gb carts dont work either. i believe the revo k101 has a version of goomba built in for gbc but it doesnt save. goo,ba color is nice anyway.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
They are telling me that the k1 runs GBC natively and it isn't using an emulator.

who is they? the only games it runs without emulation is GBA. everything else uses an emu.

it looks like the embedded emulator is a combination of goomba, goomba color, and goomba paletted. i only say that because it has features of all 3.

-another world

Atlantis_Risen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. after reading this thread, I'm still not clear on whether the save issue been fixed by the manufacturer. Is it still a problem? Thanks much!

Jerret Douglass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. after reading this thread, I'm still not clear on whether the save issue been fixed by the manufacturer. Is it still a problem? Thanks much!

Saving works fine. For games 32mb use *+Star after you save in game then turn off the console. For games less than 32mb use *+Star after you save in game then use *+L and exit to the kcard menu. I lost a save once and it was my fault, I loaded to Pokemon title screen and forgot to push my save file back to the card. Remember if you have a save in Emerald that has let's say 5 badges and you start the game and go to the title menu and something comes up and you can't play after all you still need to push your save data back to the kcard with *+start, people seem to forget that and lose their saves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.