Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your microSD formatted Fat32?
That cart also has a switch on it to toggle between ntrboot and ds mode. Make sure it is in DS Mode.
The switch is under the shell, so you will have to open the shell to access it.

Attachments

• IMG_1299.jpeg
    IMG_1299.jpeg
    641.3 KB · Views: 3

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I have just installed YSMenu on both of my flashcarts (a R4 Revolution and a R4i SDHC). I am attaching a photo of those flashcarts.
On the R4 Revolution, I am NOT using YSMenu as the primary kernel.
On the R4i SDHC, I am using YSMenu as the primary kernel (to bypass the timebomb).

Unfortunately, there is a problem on the R4i SDHC : whenever I try to soft reset a 5th generation Pokemon game (i.e. Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 or White 2), I get a white screen instead.

I have tried soft resetting a different Pokemon game (i.e. Pokemon Platinum), and the soft reset worked perfectly.
I have also copied the 5th generation Pokemon ROMs to the R4 Revolution's micro SD, then tried soft resetting those games on that flashcart, and it worked perfectly as well. So, I know that the problem isn't with the ROMs.
Finally, I have tried replacing the R4i SDHC's micro SD (after copying all the files from the old micro SD to the new one), and the soft reset issue persists. So, I know that the problem isn't with the micro SD.

Is there anyone who could help me solve the issue, please?
Thank you very much.
Hmmm strange... I have the same card as you and the 5th generation Pokémon games work perfectly on mine.

Cyb3rmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello. I'm trying to run english patched ni no kuni
using YSMenu fork 7.06 on an r4isdhc card, but i'm getting -4 error.
Original rom works and cheat menu appears, but it just works without ap patch.
Tried twilight menu++ on 3ds, got a message about protection, then a whitescreen.
Is there a way to make this fan transation work? I'm using ttpatch.dat from 2013 it seems to be the latest one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm planning to start building it back up though. Plus, Usenet automation around music downloading has gotten so much better since then
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I used to use high end headphones and speakers JBL back when they made good speakers lol X-Fi Fatality edition sound card on PCI with XP back when Windows had good sound....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Using a Fiio DAC and Betron headphones.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, 1) ohkay 2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5K3jc6Q3HU