Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
More Enhanced with all Z and X listing + Numbering, titlelist6599.xml for use with TTdT.exe and R4cee .

Titlelist Default 6599 for Notepad++ are notepad, can be used with r4cee also.

Attachments

• titlelist6599.zip
    156.8 KB · Views: 2,162
  • Titlelist Default 6599.zip
    147.9 KB · Views: 868
Last edited by drwhojan, , Reason: Added info.
Reactions: stl25

Gluglack

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm totally noob in this thing. The last time I touched my R4 was 5 or 6 years ago. But a few days ago I wanted to use it again.

Now to my Problem:
No one of the new Firmwires such as YsMenu seems to work. I have the old one, but it won't let me play games after the ~4500+ titles and the usrcheat.dat doesn't seem to be read correctly.
I have about 40 games on my card and about the first half does seem to have cheats and the other half doesn't but there are titles that aren't as new as some of the first half.

For the YsMenu: I followed the instructions of the first post but the only thing I can get is an infinite "Loading..."-Screen at bootup.

For Information: I use an R4 SDHC Card (from R4SDHC.com but sadly the site is down ; attached file) which I got ~8 years ago.
here a picture: R4 Karte.jpg

I hope somebody could help me, because nothing works like it should T_T

kindly regards
Gluglack

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I can't play Ultimate Mortal Kombat with the YSMENU provided here, it just hangs on black screen, I changed to another dump and it still doesn't works, When I try to play UMK on Wood R4 it works, but not with this kernel. any solutions?

I have a DSTT clone btw.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
@retrogamefan How much of YSMenu can you change? I would like to mention this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTe80tTb2k

Original R4s can be booted in DSi Enhanced mode/DSi Exclusive mode now (though I have not pubically released anything for this. But I may release the modified build of hbmenu for this if there's interest in it).

If you have an exploitable 3DS console and an R4 to test on, I can provide the needed CIA of a R4 SRL that will boot it in DSi Hybrid mode. (The modified rom of R4 seems to work properly too. I started that rom from hbmenu in DSi Exclusive move. Provided that hbmenu had the correct access control settings in the DSi Extended header, it was able to launch the R4's _DSMENU.dat file)

From there, you can try to get YSMenu to boot DSi Enhanced games (with DSi features available). Currently booting in said mode breaks just about all the existing rom loaders. hbmenu however does in fact access the R4 correctly and can launch homebrew SRLs just fine. (I even got it to launch Portal DS homebrew game while in DSi Enhanced mode directly from the R4. Though that particular homebrew wasn't compiled on a new enough version of devkitarm, so as a result, touchscreen stuff was broken, so it is stuck on the title screen. :P )

So access to the R4 is not hindered while in DSi Enhanced mode. (It would theoretically work in DSi Exclusive mode too, but because of the way hbmenu is coded, it would always access console SD regardless of DLDI status)

I believe it's just a matter of recompiling YSMenu to operate correctly in DSi Enhanced mode. (and adding stuff for loading DSi exclusive side of the rom and such. This could be a big undertaking so I would understand if you don't want to do this right now)

Obviously launching older games that did not have support for DSi Enhanced mode would cause problems. (as evidenced by the spotty compatibility of CycloDS iEvolution, the only other cart that supports DSi Enhanced mode)

I've found that any DLDI enabled homebrew can be installed as DSiWare on the 3DS (provided you have access to CFW and a patched TWL_FIRM. Which is easy to get a hold of now. :P ) can access the original R4. So the special build of YSMenu could be provided as a DSiWare CIA for consoles able to run it. The DS only side of things would operate as normal since the YSMenu SRL on 3DS would be entirely separate from the stuff installed on the MicroSD card of the R4. (for example, I have a CIA conversion of WoodR4 that launches WoodR4 from NAND of 3DS. It's able to read and launch games from R4 and thus _DSMENU.DAT is not even used at all. Only if the modified rom of R4 was launched instead would that file need to be present)

It would be very cool if you managed to add optional support for DSi Enhanced mode R4s. That could become a thing if you want it to. :P

Though I don't know if you have access to the source code or if you even want to do this. I just thought I'd bring it up since you seem to still be active on improving YSMenu. :D

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, I have an r4isdhc (r4isdhc.com, not r4i-sdhc.com) cart, and I have the ysmenu.nds file, but I read that you can hex edit the file to make it boot automatically.
(Here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ysmenu-for-r4-sdhc.187663/)

I did that but it still didn't boot, but later in the thread someone said it was standard in your pack, do I just need to rename the ysmenu from your folder? None of the offsets were changed when I went to do it.

Just wanted to thank you cocomedv, this really saved my life. It's currently standard in RGF's pack but I'm guessing it came from you first. Cheers to registering only to help out a few people with this issue, if you're ever in the Netherlands let me know and I'll buy you a drink!

Last edited by Hking0036,

HeXo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BUG Report :
1. R4 SDHC Gold Pro (http://www.r4isdhc.com/)
2. 4787/Pokémon: HeartGold - NTR-IPKE-USA/FFD28F00
3. Game loads the first time, runs smoothly, saves. When trying to load the Saved File i'm greeted with the following message "A communication error has occurred..."

I'm using a Genuine Class10 16gb SDHC... Any ideas?

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
More Enhanced with all Z and X listing + Numbering, titlelist6603.xml for use with TTdT.exe and R4cee .

Titlelist Default 6603 for Notepad++ are notepad, can be used with r4cee also.

Attachments

• titlelist6603.zip
    156.9 KB · Views: 3,243
  • Titlelist Default 6603.zip
    148 KB · Views: 1,157
D

Deleted User

I'm totally noob in this thing. The last time I touched my R4 was 5 or 6 years ago. But a few days ago I wanted to use it again.

Now to my Problem:
No one of the new Firmwires such as YsMenu seems to work. I have the old one, but it won't let me play games after the ~4500+ titles and the usrcheat.dat doesn't seem to be read correctly.
I have about 40 games on my card and about the first half does seem to have cheats and the other half doesn't but there are titles that aren't as new as some of the first half.

For the YsMenu: I followed the instructions of the first post but the only thing I can get is an infinite "Loading..."-Screen at bootup.

For Information: I use an R4 SDHC Card (from R4SDHC.com but sadly the site is down ; attached file) which I got ~8 years ago.
here a picture:View attachment 43675

I hope somebody could help me, because nothing works like it should T_T

kindly regards
Gluglack
I have exactly the same card. I fought some years ago to find the correct kernel for this, and I found it. Then, yesterday, I wanted to use it again, and I tested a lot of kernel : the card worked with the R4-III / R4 Upgrade, v3.09 (from r4-dsl.net) : here is the kernel from linfodomain (and this one only) . I put the RGF files too, from the R4 Clone folder. It's working, except for the soft reset : I got a white screen with an happy sd card, and "Loading..." written.

patryckpo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Use v1.34 files from r4sdhc.com, then use R4_PANDORA (as some say it's crap) to load games with codes (YSMenu don't open here too)
Oh, don't forget to use the update of the TTMenu folder on it, I guess it opens up.
The thing is, you can't cheat on those games, maybe you have to edit the usrcheat.dat somehow to suit your needs...
I have one of these and... it simply screws up my files... If I have to put new games, I need to FORMAT WHOLE CARD (right now I'm formatting it to test that for you). If you can have a better card, do it, I have the second version of this card (2.10T15) and THAT is the thing (it opens that GBA emulator that this cart can't run), but I know that there are better carts out there. Anyways the method for R4SDHC don't work for this cart (not fully, I guess).

Anyways, @retrogamefan good job so far!:yaynds:
EDIT: Games are working here with cheat abilities, what's odd somehow, so try formatting your card and copying those files again and try the method I told above. If game don't open, try and PM me, maybe I can help you out.

Last edited by patryckpo,

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm having the exact same problem as you.
Same problem here, r4isdhc 2016.
Outlined the problem here:
Black 1 didn't have any slowdown, at least noticable. Black/White 2 had slowdown on the professor juniper speech, but I didn't notice any on the title screen or videos. I'll try out your file, give me a moment.

Also, would trimming the roms not help with that? I guess if it was reading it in real-time.
Untrimmed clean rom not helping.

Edit:
on the 32, fixed the saving on Black 1, White 2 still freezes after picking a gender. What did the change do?

Gave it another go with a second Micro SD, 8gb class 4, didn't save on black until after I changed that file, and after changing it I can set up a name in White 2. That main character has some crazy hair. White 2 saved too, at least once. Black 50/50 freezes on saving still, I've tried turning off in-game reset and DMA as well. Is there any recommended SD card to use? I don't know what the ideal would be.

Also, to clarify, if you launch it up and save it'll save just fine (usually). If you make some progress and then try to save then it crashes. A few times I've had it get like 3, or 5 dots and keep spinning endlessly but mostly it just freezes.

Here's a video of the problem, meantime I went to the best buy and bought another Micro SD, I'll try with and without the Extinfo and see.

OK, SD Card #3 suffers the same problem, with and without Extinfo.dat changed. I thought this might be a problem with the modified R4.dat at this point, After trying with the default kernel and loading ysmenu with the ysmenu.nds, no dice. The Stock r4isdhc.com firmware works with it fine, so all else fails I suppose I'll just have to use it for pokemon black.

FjnJkD9.jpg

Downgrading to the 7.03 pack worked once, but after putting the old save back on and trying 2 more times it didn't work either, must have been a fluke. Any ideas @retrogamefan ?

I've attached my .sav, if anyone wants they can try it out.

I attached my save file to the post as well, and a (garbage) video detailing the issue:

edit - just got an r4i gold, it's way better, I wish I had gotten it in the first place.

Last edited by Hking0036,

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
Same problem here, r4isdhc 2016.
Outlined the problem here:

I attached my save file to the post as well, and a (garbage) video detailing the issue:

I'm also getting the exact same issue using an R4iSDHC 2016 cart and Pokemon Blaze Black! Glad to see it's not just me... Any ideas what the issue might be @retrogamefan?

Last edited by HeyItsJono,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of...