Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

swnny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem with my R4iSDHC RTS Lite card (web site is www.r4isdhc.com without the '-'). This one: http://www.r4isdhc.com/wp-content/themes/nds9/images/s/31.jpg

Using the latest YSMenu 7.04 with the latest DAT files, I'm having problems with certain games - most noticeably - Golden Sun Dark Dawn refuses to work. I'm getting a black screen (with music) right after the "Touch to start" screen.
I'm trying different methods for running YSMenu on this card - either starting ysmenu.nds from the original kernel or renaming ysmenu.nds to R4.dat and hex editing using this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ysmenu-for-r4-sdhc.187663/
But the result is always the same... Any ideas?

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello,

i've got DSTT (without sticker, and there is no website adress on it, i bought with DS Lite) with YSMenu 7.04 and dat files from the first post. Most of the games (Pokemon White / White 2 and some others "new" titles) works fine, but i can't launch for example Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic Colours, Tetris Party Deluxe. These games are giving me an error "load rom errcode=-4". I've got all of them on original cartridges, but i wanted to play online with altwfc server, so i have to use ROM's. Is there anything i could do with this?

Last edited by Evil pol,

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello,

i've got DSTT (without sticker, and there is no website adress on it, i bought with DS Lite) with YSMenu 7.04 and dat files from the first post. Most of the games (Pokemon White / White 2 and some others "new" titles) works fine, but i can't launch for example Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing, Sonic Colours, Tetris Party Deluxe. These games are giving me an error "load rom errcode=-4". I've got all of them on original cartridges, but i wanted to play online with altwfc server, so i have to use ROM's. Is there anything i could do with this?
Format your microSD card using SDFormatter with the option stated in the OP.

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Still nothing. I've tried even ROM's with games from different regions (U and E). Seems like these games just won't work properly. On emulator they're all working fine.

Ed. Hmmm they're working with "clean" ROM, but after patching with NoSSL patcher, they're giving me error "-4".

Last edited by Evil pol,

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Still nothing. I've tried even ROM's with games from different regions (U and E). Seems like these games just won't work properly. On emulator they're all working fine.

Ed. Hmmm they're working with "clean" ROM, but after patching with NoSSL patcher, they're giving me error "-4".
Hmmm..... This will need a fix, post here the info about the ROM, (Hash code, size, etc) before and after patching so RGF will have something to work on. Also, post here the patcher you used and the name of the ROM.

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok, so here is what i've tried.

#4757 Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (EU)(M5), original size 67 108 864 bytes, after patching 67 108 864 bytes
#4968 Tetris Party Deluxe (US)(M3), or. size 16 777 216 b, with patch 16 777 216 b
#5188 Tetris Party Deluxe (EU)(M5), or. size 16 777 216 b, with patch 16 777 216 b
#5318 Sonic Colours (EU)(M6), or. size 67 108 864 b, with patch 67 108 864 b

Link to the patcher (WfcPatcher1.6.zip): https://github.com/AdmiralCurtiss/WfcPatcher/releases

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, but i don't have Action Replay, and i don't know how to use the codes with my flashcart. :P I've always patched the games, and they were working. Except these ones.

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh my... So, hard questions are coming. :P I don't know. :( I think they're in usrcheat.dat file, but i have no idea about their format.

Last edited by Evil pol,

Evil pol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok, i made it by myself. :) It was not as hard as i thought. :) I've added code for Sonic and Sega racing. Now i only have to do the same for other games. Thank you for your help.

Reactions: nxwing

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why I'm still getting the AP issue in games like PKMN B2, even though the latest DAT files are supposed to patch it? It freezes after pressing A to set your name.
I'm using an R4i-SDHC 3DS card.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: HeyItsJono

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a reason why I'm still getting the AP issue in games like PKMN B2, even though the latest DAT files are supposed to patch it? It freezes after pressing A to set your name.
I'm using an R4i-SDHC 3DS card.
I'm also still having problems with Pokemon B/W/2, particularly the freezing on saving described a page back.

D

Deleted User

Hey, I have a r4 clone (It is supported) with YS and it says Unsupported DLDI Name. How do I fix this?
The Clone I am using is a r4i sdhc revolution (r4-pro.com)

Noob2Flash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone please help me with setting up a flashcart / flashcard / micro sdhc card for nintendo ds lite?
I am new to all this but have been researching as much as i can over the weekend and from what i can work out is i have to download a kernel for it from the website listed on the sticker of the cart, but when i go to the site and click on any of the download links it redirects you and says the page no longer exists.I have spent the weekend googling and chasing its kernel over the web, (even to pages where its in chinese writing and i have to use google translator to read them!),pasting the names of the downloads i need in the search engine (like Pandora 3DS Ver2.0.0-2J\2.0.0-2E\2.0.0-2U and PAUpdate3D_2_0_0_2x_v300.nds ) but the only thing i could track down after houes of looking is the basic kernel (I believe) but it only contains Some of the files it should have ( a setup guide said it should it should also contain PAUpdate3D_2_0_0_2x_v300.nds which the one i found does not have ).I tried to setup a blank 8gb Scandisk ultra sdhc card by formatting it as recommended and then pasted the files in the kernel to the root of the sdhc with a couple of test games in a game file but when i plug it into the cart and ds it still has the game logo but still goes to the same black screen with no change at all.
I only just got this cart last week on eBay and it came all setup and loaded with 200+ ds games and a heap of nes and gameboy games which it was able to play.It worked fine for a day then while i had my ds lite charging i decided to take the sdhc card out and plug it into a sd card adapter and see if i could add some more ds roms to it but it seemed to get jammed not quiete all the way in in the crappy adapter and then i had a hard time getting it out again without actually plugging it in to the computer.when i put it back into the ds and went to play a game the main games logo appears but when you press A or touch it both the screens go completely black and just freezes like that.

the carts details are as follows
it is listed as a pandora-3ds or pandora 3ds R4 flashcart
the cart is white or slightly grey and the sticker has PANDORA3DSi v4.0 with mario flying off a blue 3ds and at the bottom of it is the website www.pandora-ds.com
when you turn the ds on the games logo is asian writing at the top and says konami digital entertainment at the bottom and to the left is a picture of a anime/rpg game girls face with what looks like a red upside down Q above her.In all my hours of searching i have come across peoples blogs on the same game logo but with different r4 cards.I have tried installing other kernels since that people recommended for other cards with the same logo like WOOD and R4 GOLD but they still do nothing when plugged in, just the games logo then the blank screens.
is it possible to corrupt the r4 card by trying other kernels?
it still appears to load the logo ok every time so i assume its te setup of the sdhc card.
do you have to initialize the kernel or kickstart the firmware once its on there or should it simply be download the kernels main files to the root menu of your sdhc then plug in and play?

This has been driving me crazy and if i hadnt spent $90 i wouldnt be trying so hard to get it going and would just throw it out!
I know i have done a half rant and half questionnaire but is there someone that can please help me with this?wether its an amazing rare link to the firmware i need or even some information about setting up this particular flashcart.
is it possible theres an alternative firmware?
anyone got this cart?
I have posted this on a different forum too.new to all this but learning fast.the only kernel i knew last week created KFC!
just trying to get some quick answers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Happy birthday! +1