Status
Not open for further replies.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank for this awesome update!
Link to update on frontpage of this thread leads to previous version of retroarch.

Classic controller pro automatic scrolling up in the retroarch "gui".
This makes it an unusable controller.

Loading .FDS roms in fceu results in dsi error.

Scrolling through game list would be more efficient it it scrolled a whole page, now it can max scroll a half page at a time.Scrolling can take a long time.

352x480P results in a lot of pixel artifacting, in the gui.
Ratio never correct at start of retroarch. one time disabling and enabling needed every time.
Ratio of 240P resolutions cannot be changed ( meant to be so? )

Ratio 4:3 ( example ) standard results in pixel "artifacts", you can see the pixels move to fit the ratio.It's like the out put is rendered in a window.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Android port does not support USB gamepad or hardware key. It's a pity.

It supports both, you have no clue what you're talking about. I personally tried several USB controllers on android port, and they are pre-mapped out. You sound like a ungreatful person demanding a gamecube port and immediately giving pity to something broken on your end as the emulators problem.

Gamecuber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It supports both, you have no clue what you're talking about. I personally tried several USB controllers on android port, and they are pre-mapped out. You sound like a ungreatful person demanding a gamecube port and immediately giving pity to something broken on your end as the emulators problem.
LibretroRetroArc said he would make a GameCube build in the previous thread, and I just remind him if he forget.
Of course you are not the only person who tried their USB controllers on android port , I did it, too. But it did not work well.
It is just a bug report. Are you over-radical ?

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LibretroRetroArc said he would make a GameCube build in the previous thread, and I just remind him if he forget.
Of course you are not the only person who tried their USB controllers on android port , I did it, too. But it did not work well.
What controller are you trying to use? We might not have binds for it yet.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just tried it myself, Toadking and Libretroarch i must congratulate you on another great job!

My impressions so far:
+ better control options and shortcuts
+ The resolution options are great!
+ New cores work great
+ better NES, SNES, VBA, Genesis plus GX, PCE cores
+ zip support
+ separate sram and savestae directories
- some games like mspacman and pacman no longer work in fba though
- No saved resolution preference per core

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link to update on frontpage of this thread leads to previous version of retroarch.

Scrolling through game list would be more efficient it it scrolled a whole page, now it can max scroll a half page at a time.Scrolling can take a long time.

352x480P results in a lot of pixel artifacting, in the gui.
Ratio never correct at start of retroarch. one time disabling and enabling needed every time.
Ratio of 240P resolutions cannot be changed ( meant to be so? )

Ratio 4:3 ( example ) standard results in pixel "artifacts", you can see the pixels move to fit the ratio.It's like the out put is rendered in a window.
Then use 16:9

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Sucks to hear. Unfortunately I don't have a Classic Controller Pro so I can't test.

Anyway, only way we are going to overcome this is if somebody 'gifts' me or ToadKing a Classic Controller Pro so that we can actually take a look at it.

Yeah, I doubt that is properly hooked up right now. I'll be taking a good look at Famicom Disk System - now FCEU never fared well in that department, but NEStopia should.

Just tried it myself, Toadking and Libretroarch i must congratulate you on another great job!

- some games like mspacman and pacman no longer work in fba though

The FBA devs like upgrading to the latest MAME ROMs for every release (and this is a new version - 0.2.97.28 vs. the previous 0.2.97.26). So it's likely that your ROMs just got outdated again.

groose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First things first, thank you and congrats on the new release RetroTeam! Very nice updates all around.

I can confirm that. Happened with beta3 around when wiiuse mod was implemented.

Compiling with HAVE_WIIUSE_MOD = 0 fixes the problem but probably annihilates all the work done on inputs by LibretroRetroArc and the team though.

Oh and just to nitpick a bit, could cores remember their last used resolution like they remember input configurations?

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First things first, thank you and congrats on the new release RetroTeam! Very nice updates all around.

I can confirm that. Happened with beta3 around when wiiuse mod was implemented.

Compiling with HAVE_WIIUSE_MOD = 0 fixes the problem but probably annihilates all the work done on inputs by LibretroRetroArc and the team though.

Sucks to hear because I did the Wiiuse mod to get better reaction times from Classic Controllers and now it breaks down with Classic Controller Pro.

Want me to recompile the version with HAVE_WIIUSE_MOD set to 0 then? The lag complaints will probably remain the same then but at least CCP will work.

Oh and just to nitpick a bit, could cores remember their last used resolution like they remember input configurations?

We do that for safety reasons right now. I don't 'trust' setting these resolutions forcibly at startup.

The RetroArch Android app has a link to a 'manual' - in there I explain how you can help me getting unsupported gamepads right now to work on future updates.

What you need to do is - hook up your gamepad - and let me know the 'keycodes' that every button/trigger reports.You can do this by checking 'Debug Input Reporting Enable' in Settings -> Input Settings. You will also have to let me know the 'name' of the device that gets reported.

Please make a GameCube build, thank you.

I can put out a Gamecube build but it will be TOTALLY UNSUPPORTED - and by that I mean - it is up to you to check if most of the 'ROMs' on cores will even fit into memory. Prboom Doom games don't right now for instance.

It is basically a total straight port of the Wii version.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
The FBA devs like upgrading to the latest MAME ROMs for every release (and this is a new version - 0.2.97.28 vs. the previous 0.2.97.26). So it's likely that your ROMs just got outdated again.

I hope this does not affect CPS1, CPS2 and Neo Geo roms, it took a while to find working ones for the last version.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for asking, I'm a total noob with this emu
where I can find the android version?

EDIT: nvm, it's on google play :P
but it's incompatible with my smartphone, fuck

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sorry for asking, I'm a total noob with this emu
where I can find the android version?

EDIT: nvm, it's on google play :P
but it's incompatible with my smartphone, fuck

It's amazing how many phones/tablets are still on outdated Android OSes. It is really a massive problem especially since those older OS versions are ridden with bugs. Google sure made a great gigantic mess out of Android's so-called 'ecosystem'.

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tested retroarch wii, everything seems to be in order.
Tested retroarch ps3, snes core seems to be absent. snes core redirects to prboom.

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Those volume buttons are 'disabled' when you use the specific Wiimote IME app that we support - because the IME app makers decided in their infinite wisdom to use 'volume keys' for some of the Wii controls - so you can only hazard to guess that if I didn't forcibly 'disable' these volume keys from doing their thing, certain buttons would be doing unintended stuff like lowering/raising your volume. Nothing I can do about that until these IME app makers get a clue and don't have 'default layouts' that are this stupid in hindsight.

I see, thank you very much for the explanation. Sucks to hear we'll have to depend on them to fix their stuff to prevent this issue, but oh well, I can always just switch between inputs, adjust the volume and come back to Wii controls once done. Once again, thanks a ton for this marvelous port for Android (tested a few NES and SNES games earlier today, they all work wonderful), but enough offtopic I say. Time to give the Wii version a try now :yaywii:

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested on my Wii, everything working great, thanks so much for all your hard work guys, it's much appreciated!!

I noticed there is no CPS1 core included with this release, the games seem to run fine on the fba core, just wondering if the cps1 core from the last release is optimised for those games? I can always just copy and paste it over.

I also noticed there is a pgm and psikyo core in this release. Has anyone tested if games work on these? Knights of Valour for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: rofl