Status
Not open for further replies.

nintygaming

No Longer An Active Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The major perk is the eventuality of playing it on the game pad, which something the current HBC emulators can't do.

True. I myself however love the CRT glow, the scanlines, 240p, etc. Playing on these classic games on a screen that they weren't meant to be played on ruins the experience for me. Not to mention the eventual neck/upper-back strain that will happen if long play session occur on that ugly, tiny LCD screen. For others however who didn't grow up playing these games in 240p, they won't actually know how much better these games look on a CRT, and thus will never know what they are missing.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True. I myself however love the CRT glow, the scanlines, 240p, etc. Playing on these classic games on a screen that they weren't meant to be played on ruins the experience for me. Not to mention the eventual neck/upper-back strain that will happen if long play session occur on that ugly, tiny LCD screen. For others however who didn't grow up playing these games in 240p, they won't actually know how much better these games look on a CRT, and thus will never know what they are missing.

Well, at least they can't look worse than they did on the Wii's VC. Here's to hoping a Wii U HBC will be released.

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

catuligbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The Wii version will not have PCSX ReARMed. Without the support of the ARM dynrec/NEON gpu it will most likely be too slow.

Thanks for info toad king but:

noooo.jpg

Toad king, do you know what plataforms are included in retroarch wii version??????

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for suggestion but problem its unsolved, especially in megaman x series, i repeat

noooo.jpg

The Wii isn't powerful enough due to architectural differences. You'd have to make one helluva change to the emulator's code and optimized, and even then, there's no guarantee it would run.

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Probably a bit offtopic, but I'm currently testing RetroArch android on my galay tab 2... Symphony of the night seems to run smooth! Classic controller is my input method. I'm having a much better experience than I did with this same game and ePSXe so far: less lag in sound and no input delay. My only "complain" is that I can't change the volume now that I've set the controls to the classic controller. I press the buttons for volume up and down and they do nothing. But hey, this is really really good for a first release!

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The unfortunate thing about newer consoles like PSX and N64 is that there is NO WAY to port these emulators in a similar vein to the older ones where you can just put them out and expect them all to work with the same performance using one more-or-less unchanged codebase - you HAVE to step off interpreter CPU cores and instead use dynarec ones for any kind of speed, and those are inherently nonportable - hence we end up with certain PCSX forks depending on hacked-up Ari64 dynarecs that were originally meant for N64, you get PCSX forks that have an PPC32 dynarec which is incompatible with the halfway 64-bit 'Cell PPC' CPU inside PS3 (64-bit but with 32bit pointers), and on and on it goes. So you end up with highly platform-specific and totally nonportable code and a shitload of forks that all basically die after a couple of years when the main 'team' working on it loses interest.

I still believe if somebody cared enough we could merge all these PCSX versions together and create one central libretro version that could appeal to all of these architectures - however, that is one hell of an undertaking and not something I'm involved in right now.

So long story short - PCSX ReARMed is Notaz's project, and it's likely to remain ARM-centric.

Anyway, release is coming up for Wii. I added plenty of stuff so that this is still a worthwhile release - stuff which was not even going to originally make it into this release.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Probably a bit offtopic, but I'm currently testing RetroArch android on my galay tab 2... Symphony of the night seems to run smooth! Classic controller is my input method. I'm having a much better experience than I did with this same game and ePSXe so far: less lag in sound and no input delay. My only "complain" is that I can't change the volume now that I've set the controls to the classic controller. I press the buttons for volume up and down and they do nothing. But hey, this is really really good for a first release!

Those volume buttons are 'disabled' when you use the specific Wiimote IME app that we support - because the IME app makers decided in their infinite wisdom to use 'volume keys' for some of the Wii controls - so you can only hazard to guess that if I didn't forcibly 'disable' these volume keys from doing their thing, certain buttons would be doing unintended stuff like lowering/raising your volume. Nothing I can do about that until these IME app makers get a clue and don't have 'default layouts' that are this stupid in hindsight.

Toad King

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

https://anonfiles.com/file/6be6c32a45e7afb0beca7fe8e1e4fd49

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
v0.9.8
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- (Android) Initial release of RetroArch Android.
- [LIBRETRO] Added Mednafen NGP and Mednafen VB.
- [LIBRETRO] Added NEStopia Undead (1.44).
- [LIBRETRO] Updated Mednafen PCE Fast and Mednafen Wonderswan to 0.9.28.
- [LIBRETRO] Added PCSX ReARMed for RetroArch Android.
- [FBA] Updated Final Burn Alpha to 0.9.27.28.
- [Gambatte] Updated Gambatte (now has built-in GBC BIOS color palettes).
- [SNES9x Next] Updated SNES9x Next (fixes numerous bugs).
- [FCEUmm] Updated FCEUmm to latest version.
- [Genesis Plus GX] Updated Genesis Plus GX to latest version.
- (360) Gamma correction can now be applied on-the-fly - no longer requires
reboots
- (360) Added new shaders - mudlord-oldtvshader-variant, crt-curved, and
others
- (360) Added 'SRAM dir Enable' option - allows you to save all your SRAM to
game:/sram instead of the ROM directory
- (360) Added 'SRAM dir Enable' option - allows you to save all your states to
game:/savestates
- (RARCH_CONSOLE) Various stability fixes
- (RARCH_CONSOLE) More sane unzipping mode - will temporarily extract file to
HDD and then instantly delete it when it's done with it (ie. when another ROM
gets loaded or when RetroArch shuts down)
- (RARCH_CONSOLE) All console ports now use 59.94Hz for synchronization on
the RetroArch side instead of 59.92Hz as before. All consoles use 59.94Hz
so this agrees better with them.
- (PS3) Added PAL60 temporal PAL mode
- (PS3) Fixed a lot of path issues - SRAM/savestate dir enable now work,
'Default ROM directory' should now work, etc.
- (PS3) Added rewind granularity options
- (PS3) Rewrote video driver from scratch (RGL v2). Faster blitting.
- (PS3) Onscreen keyboard should work again.
- (WII) Made a custom wiiuse input driver and built it in. Slimmed down
and should give better results. Also rejigged input in general.
- (WII) Added rewind option. NOTE: This feature is CPU intensive - a core
might need to at least run at double realtime FPS in order for this option
to be useful.
- (WII) Button combos can now be done ingame. You can do rewinding, fast
forwarding, selecting save state slots and 'save state load/save state save'
all ingame without first going to the menu. For more information, read the
README.txt for the Wii release.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice one! I'll download this when I get home from work this evening. Pal was already calling over for retro games night, great timing guys!!

Augusta

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey square, amazing update. So many devs have left both scenes leaving incomplete homebrew and you continue to work on your project despite the drama, continuing to iron out even the smallest kinks.Your hard work is definitely appreciated.

RetroArch >

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Nintendo be malding at that