Gaming Resident Evil Revelations Over-rated

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With every major game you'll find people saying it's overrated, guaranteed! See Zelda, Halo, CoD, Skyrim, ... So nothing surprising here.

You're only cool if you're "non-conformist" and "go against popular opinion".

Anyway, some interesting highlights of the main post:

I'm 11 years old and I'm not even scared when I play it (even at 10pm!).

This is my first Resident Evil game AND my first 'horror' game played.

Also, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition is rated a T! It doesn't even have blood or death!

Maybe...it's just Capcom that bribes ESRB to over-rate their games...

Blood is one of the definitive "M-makers". Take a look at Halo. The game itself is really not that bad. You just shoot aliens and there's occasionally a minor curse here and there. But the blood got it an M-rating. On the flip side, look at Red Steel 2. You can watched your self impale a baddy with a sword, that's pretty graphic. But they cut out the blood so it's rated T (and I remember Ubisoft specifically getting it a T rating).

D

Deleted User

With every major game you'll find people saying it's overrated, guaranteed! See Zelda, Halo, CoD, Skyrim, ... So nothing surprising here.

You're only cool if you're "non-conformist" and "go against popular opinion".

Anyway, some interesting highlights of the main post:

I'm 11 years old and I'm not even scared when I play it (even at 10pm!).

This is my first Resident Evil game AND my first 'horror' game played.

Also, Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition is rated a T! It doesn't even have blood or death!

Maybe...it's just Capcom that bribes ESRB to over-rate their games...

Blood is one of the definitive "M-makers". Take a look at Halo. The game itself is really not that bad. You just shoot aliens and there's occasionally a minor curse here and there. But the blood got it an M-rating. On the flip side, look at Red Steel 2. You can watched your self impale a baddy with a sword, that's pretty graphic. But they cut out the blood so it's rated T (and I remember Ubisoft specifically getting it a T rating).
Yet the show blood on public TV/Cable.
Good Briss Ammerika

MavrickJones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as alrady mentioned, sound plays an important factor on these games. try playing with headphones and lights off. it really puts you in the game

also. im 21 and ive been scared of games. dead space and dead space 2, using turtle beach on almost max volume and lights off. now that IS scary
I was playing revelations last night from 12am-2am, lights off, headphones in, it's not suppose to be a 'scary' game as the 11 years old child anticipated it to be, more like horror type/experience.
never said it was scary. i just said that it puts you in the game. the game that has scared me has been dead space

I agree with sound and ambience making the experience. Having no one around to pull you into reality also help. Playing Dead Space, Bioshock, and Fallout 3 and when you're really into it, I was pretty nervous about what was going to happen next. Especially with Dead Space and how it's so linear that you're EXPECTING to be ambushed by creepy alien zombies.

Though I have to say Dementium: The Ward was a great game for me, kept me paranoid for two weeks. I hated hospitals before and after. It's one of my favourite DS games, but the sequel was pretty lame.

Edit: I forgot to mention Fatal Frame. That game was terribly eerie and that experience was with people around me. I can't wait for Spirit Camera!

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...