Resident Evil Showcase Oct 20th, 2022 - Live Coverage

October has been quite packed with horror-title announcements. Silent Hill got its fair share of new titles announced yesterday, and now it's Capcom's Resident Evil time to shine. This showcase will focus on new gameplay and a new trailer for the Resident Evil 4 Remake, and Resident Evil 8's Winters' Expansion, which features new content for RE8 including a new campaign featuring Ethan's daughter, Rose, Mercenaries Additional Orders and a brand-new 3rd Person mode for the main game.

The video description also mentions "much more" under its description, but it's still unknown if it's a new announcement, or additional information regarding either RE4 or RE8's DLC.

And the showcase begins:
  • A time counter within a time counter (guess one wasn't enough)
  • The showcase properly begins now, we get a quick glimpse of all the games that will be shown. We start with RE8, with the Duke talking to the protagonist in what seems to be a library as an introduction to the Showcase.

• A trailer begins for "Shadows of Rose", getting a quick recap of what happened up to where the DLC begins (and some nice parts of 3rd person Ethan) with Rose and her visit to the village.
  • Some words by the director of the DLC, Kento Kinoshita, where they detail their choices towards picking Rose for the DLC campaign.
  • Details about The Mercenaries Additional Orders, and what lead the team to choose specific characters for the new DLC for Mercenaries
  • The devs explain their decision towards adding the 3rd Person mode, and it seems they tried their best to still obfuscate Ethan's face, even in this 3rd person view.
  • A Demo for 3rd Person mode is now available for download.
  • Resident Evil Village will come to Mac systems on October 28th, 2022, the same date as the new DLC.

• We shift focus to Re:Verse, each purchase of RE Village will include this and there will be additional content released for it later on.

• Ubitus is in charge of the Cloud versions for the Nintendo Switch of the current-gen Resident Evil titles, which includes RE7, RE8, and the remakes of both RE2 and RE3.
    RE8 Cloud will include the DLC.

• RE4 is now the focus, with a quick teaser look into the remake.
  • New gameplay footage of RE4 is shown, we see Leon walking through the woods and then into a cabin and its basement, in what seems to be the beginning of the game and the first encounter with an infected Ganado.
  • Some stealth mechanics seem to take part of the game, as Leon can be seen ducking in some areas to avoid the Ganados finding him.
  • We get to the iconic village area and we finally see Leon fighting the Ganados during this section, all with a revamped sequence of the cutscene where Dr. Salvador appears. The villagers seem to retain many of their iconic spanish lines from the original RE4.
  • The locations and architecture seems to be pretty close to the original, but with a full-on graphical and detailed revamp thanks to the advanced RE Engine.
  • Attache Case is back, and you will be able to manage your items and weapons just like in the original, but this time you'll be able to craft new items.
  • Merchant is also back, and he will be able to purchase many items, weapons upgrade them.
  • Leon will be able to perform several melee attacks like in the original.
  • The PS4 version of RE4 can be upgraded to the PS5 one without additional cost.
  • There will be a Deluxe Edition of RE4, with new costumes, treasure map and weapons.
  • A Collector's Edition will also be available which includes many perks, like a Leon figurine, artwork and more. Pre-order bonuses also add many other things.
  • Pre-ordering in PlayStation Store gives you the RE4 OST as a gift.
  • One final trailer is shown, giving us a look at the Zealots from the castle, our first look into Luis Sera, Bitores Mendez, and the 1st encounter with Ashley in the Church. We also see Ada, the Gigante, the enemy Del Lago, and Salazar's new look.
  • RE4 is up for pre-orders right now.

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Man, that RE4 look gave me everything I could think of; seeing Luis, the village battle and Dr. Salvador, first look at Salazar and El Gigante, even Del Lago.

March can’t come soon enough.

EagleRuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

October has been quite packed with horror-title announcements. Silent Hill got its fair share of new titles announced yesterday, and now it's Capcom's Resident Evil time to shine. This showcase will focus on new gameplay and a new trailer for the Resident Evil 4 Remake, and Resident Evil 8's Winters' Expansion, which features new content for RE8 including a new campaign featuring Ethan's daughter, Rose, Mercenaries Additional Orders and a brand-new 3rd Person mode for the main game.

The video description also mentions "much more" under its description, but it's still unknown if it's a new announcement, or additional information regarding either RE4 or RE8's DLC.

And the showcase begins:
  • A time counter within a time counter (guess one wasn't enough)
  • The showcase properly begins now, we get a quick glimpse of all the games that will be shown. We start with RE8, with the Duke talking to the protagonist in what seems to be a library as an introduction to the Showcase.

• A trailer begins for "Shadows of Rose", getting a quick recap of what happened up to where the DLC begins (and some nice parts of 3rd person Ethan) with Rose and her visit to the village.
  • Some words by the director of the DLC, Kento Kinoshita, where they detail their choices towards picking Rose for the DLC campaign.
  • Details about The Mercenaries Additional Orders, and what lead the team to choose specific characters for the new DLC for Mercenaries
  • The devs explain their decision towards adding the 3rd Person mode, and it seems they tried their best to still obfuscate Ethan's face, even in this 3rd person view.
  • A Demo for 3rd Person mode is now available for download.
  • Resident Evil Village will come to Mac systems on October 28th, 2022, the same date as the new DLC.

• We shift focus to Re:Verse, each purchase of RE Village will include this and there will be additional content released for it later on.

• Ubitus is in charge of the Cloud versions for the Nintendo Switch of the current-gen Resident Evil titles, which includes RE7, RE8, and the remakes of both RE2 and RE3.
    RE8 Cloud will include the DLC.

• RE4 is now the focus, with a quick teaser look into the remake.
  • New gameplay footage of RE4 is shown, we see Leon walking through the woods and then into a cabin and its basement, in what seems to be the beginning of the game and the first encounter with an infected Ganado.
  • Some stealth mechanics seem to take part of the game, as Leon can be seen ducking in some areas to avoid the Ganados finding him.
  • We get to the iconic village area and we finally see Leon fighting the Ganados during this section, all with a revamped sequence of the cutscene where Dr. Salvador appears. The villagers seem to retain many of their iconic spanish lines from the original RE4.
  • The locations and architecture seems to be pretty close to the original, but with a full-on graphical and detailed revamp thanks to the advanced RE Engine.
  • Attache Case is back, and you will be able to manage your items and weapons just like in the original, but this time you'll be able to craft new items.
  • Merchant is also back, and he will be able to purchase many items, weapons upgrade them.
  • Leon will be able to perform several melee attacks like in the original.
  • The PS4 version of RE4 can be upgraded to the PS5 one without additional cost.
  • There will be a Deluxe Edition of RE4, with new costumes, treasure map and weapons.
  • A Collector's Edition will also be available which includes many perks, like a Leon figurine, artwork and more. Pre-order bonuses also add many other things.
  • Pre-ordering in PlayStation Store gives you the RE4 OST as a gift.
  • One final trailer is shown, giving us a look at the Zealots from the castle, our first look into Luis Sera, Bitores Mendez, and the 1st encounter with Ashley in the Church. We also see Ada, the Gigante, the enemy Del Lago, and Salazar's new look.
  • RE4 is up for pre-orders right now.

I will not be buying this because I refuse to pay for cloud base gaming. If I can't own it, I refuse to rent to play.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Resident Evil Village - 3rd Person Demo playable now !

Resident Evil 4 Remake Pre-Order now !

Already purchased RE:Village and Winters DLC Pre-Ordered Game is still not working...done great CAPCOM...👌

• Love
Reactions: BaamAlex

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
something about re4 just seems not right. it look worse than re2 or re3. feels more just like a advanced remaster in which you see some of the old game.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
something about re4 just seems not right. it look worse than re2 or re3. feels more just like a advanced remaster in which you see some of the old game.
I had something sort of similar.

Lighting engine was pretty sweet (that broken wall early on was great) but some of the textures... I am almost wanting to chalk it up to compression or a reripped stream not handling blacks that well or them pumping brightness to think it helps (that section with the flaming cow is probably easiest to see it in, though when the chainsaw guy is coming up the stairs was another).
Also that chonker of a rat at 1.05 in my link above... oh dear. The cloth animation a few seconds later was also not brilliant.
Jumping back the handrails on the stairs at the start are some very straight milled lumber compared to everything else I have seen in that trailer, which would further the remastered some things but reused others problem.

I also don't know if they had whatever martial artist don a mocap suit do things slow and forgot to speed it up for the kicks in that. Probably the same guy that held back with the chainsaw despite an opening of several seconds. I dare say some of the grabs by basic ganados were walked into for what they hoped was dramatic effect but instead was more capture of a game journalist playing it.

All that said I am still going with optimism for this one.

Reactions: firke_the_one

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No more comments... Strange situation about fans of RE here.

Yeah it baffles me.
I expected more out of the RE event than the SH one, weird fans indeed :P

Resident Evil fans have probably had all hope beaten out of them. Silent Hill ones still have some.

This is pretty easy to explain. Everyone already knew what was going to be shown. The Winters Expansion, RE4, and RE:Verse. The only thing people knew about prior to the SH showcase was the rumored SH2 remake. The SH show simply had FAR more to talk about and it's been 10 years since the last game.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on what I've seen so far from the showcase (after watching it multiple times), I like what was presented regarding RE4. Although, I rather they had remade Code Veronica, I'm not opposed to what the RE4 Remake has to offer.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thankfully. They're Spanish villagers originally so that's how it should be.

RE4 is described as being in "Europe," but obviously it was in Spain (the Castillan side, rather than the Catalan, Galician, or etc).

Looking forward to this as I've never liked the tank controls of RE4.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol