Resident Evil 4 Remake gets its 3rd trailer, teases Krauser and The Mercenaries mode

Resident Evil 4 Remake is a month away from being released, and to increase the hype, Capcom just released a 3rd trailer for the game. This new trailer showcases sections both familiar and new from the original, like the Island section, and some new ones, like a revamped mine cart section and new places never seen before.

Alongside the new vistas, the remake finally shows Krauser, which was previously rumoured to have been cut from the game when the game was recently announced, putting those rumours to rest. Alongside Krauser, familiar faces from the original are also seen, like Saddler (who was only teased and not fully seen in previous trailers), enemies like the Novistadors, the Zealots (the Ganados from the castle), and a lot more. Interestingly enough, we get to see more of Luis Sera in this trailer, and it seems like Luis will have a more prominent role in the Remake, seeing him fight alongside Leon in the fight the two Gigantes and other places, when at that point in the original he was long gone already. It'd be interesting to see how Luis will be implemented into the remake, and if his inclusion into scenarios like those would allow for a possible co-op of sorts with Luis and Leon.

To finish it off, Capcom shows only the title of "The Mercenaries", teasing the awaited return of the beloved bonus game that started way back in the original Resident Evil 3, but got popular with its twist of the formula on the original RE4.

March 24th can't come soon enough.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Die hard fan of RE4 to the core here. Looking forward to this remake release since the HD Texture Pack mod was released by the RE4HD Project... S/o to Albert and Cris.

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
2023 just seems to be the year of Resident Evil 4. It's a shame the fan-made remaster seems useless now, but here y'all go:

https://www.theverge.com/2022/2/1/2...roject-remaster-release-date-install-download
I wouldn't call the HD Project useless at all. This is a remake in the truest sense of the word, whereas the HD Project will offer fans the best possible experience with the original game going forward - a game that it seems will be pretty different from REm4ke. It'll have its niche, and it's one that I think will serve the community very well.

MaskedRed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the knife fight with Krauser actually going to be a fight this time? The trailer implies that it will be. Are they also changing the story somewhat? Luis is in that minekart.

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what mercenaries mode will be available a year after release...have they ever released the promised part of resident evil village? Cant remember what it was called oh yeah reverse. Wasnt it suppost to release the same time as village. I dont know why us fans let these companies get away with this type of shit. False advertising at the least as it was printed on the actual package of my release copy as being included.

MaskedRed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what mercenaries mode will be available a year after release...have they ever released the promised part of resident evil village? Cant remember what it was called oh yeah reverse. Wasnt it suppost to release the same time as village. I dont know why us fans let these companies get away with this type of shit. False advertising at the least as it was printed on the actual package of my release copy as being included.
Resident Evil: Re-Verse was released but it sucked hard so it's just there. They didn't mention a release date for mercenaries but it's being called a DLC so It sounds like it will release later(which sucks).

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't call the HD Project useless at all. This is a remake in the truest sense of the word, whereas the HD Project will offer fans the best possible experience with the original game going forward - a game that it seems will be pretty different from REm4ke. It'll have its niche, and it's one that I think will serve the community very well.
I guess I can understand that, but when a better version of a game comes out, I completely disregard the original, and stick with the better one.

• Haha
Reactions: Cris1997XX

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I guess I can understand that, but when a better version of a game comes out, I completely disregard the original, and stick with the better one.

I think the original and the remake of RE4 can both stand on their own.
The original RE4 will forever be praised as one of the most influential and great games of all time, going through it even after 20 years is still plain old fun all the way through, and it has great set pieces, a schlocky story and cliche hero, but that's what makes it so great and beloved.
The remake is going for a more serious take on the original story, and it seems like they are taking their liberties with some of the plot points, but given how the original had little in terms of proper plot, they can do so at ease while expanding on what the original offered with new mechanics and such.

I still play the original RE4, but I can see myself also liking the remake without it replacing the original, same as with RE2 and its remake.

Reactions: RyRyIV and Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: speaking of roasted nuts, do you guys prefer your peanuts salted or honey roasted?