ROM Hack [Partial Patch] NEWLOVEPLUS+ English Translation

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah, there are a lot of hacking issues to overcome and any attempt to replace too many stuff with a translation causes the game to crash, two people: froid-san & deaknaew have taken an interest in helping with these but preparing 100% successfully working extract/edit/rebuild/inject tools for the various file types of the game has proven to be quite the task which is unfortunately consuming all of our time ATM...

Last edited by Dgrin,

espen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm amazed by all the great work being done on this translation. I'd love to help, but all I'm really good at is graphics, animation and tech. Can't write code, and my Japanese is at the earliest stage (my kanji proficiency is null).

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, so just was wondering how its coming along. im looking forward to this super hard, and am just kinda worried at the long silence. hope everythings ok...

Wawakun

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Me too. This project looks very ambitious and hard work seems to have already been accomplished. It would be really sad if it stopped.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey guys, the project is still on but due to work related responsibilities I can't attend to this project again for a couple of months... All that is left for the finished 28% to become available for public use is to polish, proofread and verify the translated scripts which seem to have a few issues that need attention but going through every single word and sentence of all the JP/ENG scripts again and again making sure everything is as it should be is quite a time consuming process. We're also still facing difficulties with the img.bin injector tool so although this can now be achieved with a quite complex manual method, the existence of an easy-to-use tool for public use that can handle the bulk translation of the graphics won't be an available option till the people that have volunteered to help with this challenge figure it out. Our part-time translator, Reina is also slowly working on finishing additional parts from the TextRe file in their spare time so hopefully we'll have this addition to look forward to with the release.

Last edited by Dgrin,

Miguel Angel Aquino

Trophies
XP
Country
ganbare_by_mandichan-d41faqp.png

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Created a new section at the first post to report the issues/bugs that occur after the English translation is imposed in the game. for example one of the issues is how there's a smaller character count limit when it comes to sentences that have nickname tags, after adding the English nickname translations and reformatting the word wrapping of all the translated scripts once again to push the nickname tags into a one single sentence space some of them still surpass the character limit and they unfortunately break the isolated nickname lines. For now we decided to keep the longer nicknames true to their original Japanese translation and leave them active in the game so players who choose to be called by one of the longer nickname options will experience abrupt line breaks in some of the sentences.

Last edited by Dgrin,
Reactions: Subötaï

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So... How long will it take more or less? >///<

No one can tell. They need a skilled hacker to look into the files. Unfortunately I'm not qualified but here's my insight :)

Their img.bin is basically an archive file which consists of multiple PAK Files, which are, again another archive container format :D
The main archive format seems to be PACK though. From what I see, there seems to be compression involved as well.

There's a file table at the beginning which is essential for repacking.
It contains the entries and file sizes of each individual file. Now if they insert their stuff, other than updating the file sizes and offsets, everything would have to be shifted accordingly.
The NLPUNpacker could be modified to do what it already does in a way, but it's incomplete.
The basic idea is you got a BinaryReader for Reading, now you need a BinaryWriter for well um writing = repacking.
In this particular case, things are made hard by the fact that the files are compressed. The hacker would have to either make it work without compression (= bigger files) or make their repacker recompress their files again.

Sounds easy enough, right? Now they just need someone to do it. And until they do, they can't move forward.
This might take a week, or a month or a year. No one can really tell.

Dgrin

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Pretty much this ^
deaknaew and froid-san, the two hackers who have volunteered to help with the project's tools have figured out and found their way manually around quite a lot of this already but we're still experiencing and trying to find a solution to some unresolved tool bugs so we can't have our user-friendly tools for the public just yet. (Other than the 'NEW' scripts that will remain in Japanese unless we are approached/find a proficient and qualified translator) The already translated LP2NLP+ integration scripts have been finished for quite a long while now but they have a few issues with sentence misplacements and minor text mistakes that need to be weed out before they can be made available to the public. I've already proofread and made corrections through a big bulk of them but it's quite a lot and a time consuming process to check each single sentence 3-ways all over again(Japanese to Japanese, then English to Japanese, then English to English). Once this proofreading process is over we will then release the first translation patch along with everything else made available to us at that time and then start adding the public tools, translated graphics or 'NEW' stuff(72% still to go may seem like a lot at first sight but actually are way less in bulk than the context that has already been translated with the good, solid 28% LP2NLP+ process) with updates as we go along till this is 100% over. If anyone feels they have the skills to participate and help with the 'NEW' translation(proficient Japanese/English skills), help speed up the proofreading process(some very basic Japanese reading skills needed) or with the tool development for this project it would be highly appreciated, please only serious participants who intent to stick around after going through the initial training, contact me privately to join the project's team, thank you!

Last edited by Dgrin,

nukee

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, so how's this project going? wanted to try this game so bad on my 3ds or maybe even help with this project but I unfortunately can't read a single Japanese word :(. And as far as programming is concerned....I can type simple words and letters on this computer thingy.....:ph34r:

Anyways if this is still ongoing, I'm rooting for you guys, your efforts are very much appreciated. You guys rock :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo