ROM Hack [Request] Final Fantasy Explorers save editor

Shirako

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do it in a barbaric way.. use gateway to find an item, by spending one,searching spending another, searching, then when Ifind it, I edit things around it to find them :D
haha ouch, if i were to find the offset without gateway, i'd have to dump the game multiple times to find it i suppose

Heraisto

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There are Items that you cannot find or pick up, like the ones that have the icon of a Key. You need them to forge items like the Night Lotus (Shield) - Onion Sword - Moogle Staff - Chocobo Hammer - etc... Well below are the values to all of these key items, Took a while to find them but here you are, Enjoy

When i edit those values i do not get any key items.
Instead i get several pets (the items you need to activate/craft those pets).
I edited some more values around the ones you posted and received even more pets.

Strnage

Shirako

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found out the offset for the DLC materials to craft the DLC weapons. I just put 63 hex value for a few values after 300E8 (jenova cells offset). i ended up with a few blank items but it worked out for the better in the end.
not sure if you can create them without the DLC even though even if you have the items.
if not i used one of the weapon IDs from a previous post (DA A6 67 FD - venus gospel) and just replaced it with the weapon i had in the game

Last edited by Shirako,
Reactions: Taquito

Brian Thompson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The table for offsets start at 0x40 being 8 bytes per entry with 48 entries.
Entry:
4 bytes - offset
2 bytes - size of entry
2 bytes - number of entries

Entries:
0x1c0, 0x388, 0x01 - Character Information
0x548, 0x1c, 0x12c - Weapons
0x3108, 0x1c, 0x64 - Torso
0x2618, 0x1c, 0x64 - Head
0x3bf8, 0x1c, 0x64 - Leg
0x46e8, 0x1c, 0x64 - Shield
0x51d8, 0x20, 0x64 - Accessories
0x5e58, 0x58, 0x64 - Monsters
0x23140, 0x01, 0x40 - Consumables
0x2ff98, 0x01, 0x190 - Materials
0x30128, 0x01, 0x64 - Atmaliths and Magicite

Weapons, armor, accessories, and monsters require an ID and the location within a table. Without those two, the game will crash.
I don't understand. How would I use this information to give myself all the Atmaliths and Magicite?
*Edit* NVM I figured it out

Last edited by Brian Thompson,

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Little Guide for those who are massively clueless.

Aight first thing first, you need a homebrew entry point.This is assuming you have Cubic/Browser/OoT

- Need Homebrew Entry Point
- SDM/SDVT Homebrew [Download] (Place inside the 3DS folder)
- Free Hex Editor Neo [Download]

- Save your game in FFX
- Boot up into HBL
- Launch Save Manager homebrew
- Target FFX app
- Launch and backup your save file
- Take out your SD card or MicroSD Management in Settings (N3DS)
- In the Save Manager folder on your root, copy the game0 file to your desktop
- Open it with Free Hex Editor Neo

Sample :

Gil : 0x31424
CP: 0x3142C

Left side of Free Hex, type as you see it "31424" like this, if done correctly it will show the value here

aa10c29cec.PNG

Money is a 3 byte size so change (in my case) 5F 48 98 thats offset 0x31424 to 0x31426

47e195ffc2.PNG

in game editing the values are always reversed, so while hex might say here 98 96 7F, you should replace the values in the file with 7F 96 98.

If its item editing, search the offset for it

2FF98 to 300E9 and replace all values with 63 (99 in hex)

Once done, save your file as game1, do NOT overwrite your original save as if you mess up there's no going back. When copying it back to your SDcard, rename it back to game0 and overwrite the game0 in your SDCard, launch Save Data homebrew again, and this time, choose restore/import (B) for FFX. Launch your game and enjoy.

Last edited by Misledz,

olembet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone find out what the 4 legendary weapon in ce offset and id for each weapon? best is can give me the whole 4 each generate number?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I actually learn how to hex edit with this.

Yeah, I got that and managed to do the money and CP ones correctly. The materials/armor on the other hand are foreign to me.

Edit: Did some guesswork and managed to get 99 of all materials and consumables. However, consumables don't seem to be working properly? It shows them as 99 each in the inventory, but if you go out on the field they will revert back to their original values. Selling/using them to change their value doesn't seem make them jump up to 99 or anything like that. Just going to stick with materials for now.
Was the solution to this problem found? I'm having the same issue.
I changed the offset 0x23140 to 0x2315F, yet get the same problem as him, were there a difference between items in inventory and actual items in field.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Guess I actually learn how to hex edit with this.

Was the solution to this problem found? I'm having the same issue.
I changed the offset 0x23140 to 0x2315F, yet get the same problem as him, were there a difference between items in inventory and actual items in field.
As far as I know. Going into the field limits you to maximum of 9 carried per item regardless of your consumables being 99

Reactions: YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know. Going into the field limits you to maximum of 9 carried per item regardless of your consumables being 99
Ah, so seems like there is a field limit.
Make sense. Seem like I could carry only 3 phoenix pinion, which I assume is the limit

adiktus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found out the offset for the DLC materials to craft the DLC weapons. I just put 63 hex value for a few values after 300E8 (jenova cells offset). i ended up with a few blank items but it worked out for the better in the end.
not sure if you can create them without the DLC even though even if you have the items.
if not i used one of the weapon IDs from a previous post (DA A6 67 FD - venus gospel) and just replaced it with the weapon i had in the game

Do we have a list of the CE exclusive materials? And what are their offsets? The last material I've found is at offset 0x300fd (Toolbox). All trash after that.

HeroPrinny

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any info on a NTR plugin?

Also anyone here with EU or US Collectors Edition willing to give us a dump of the DLC?
I'd rather unlock the quests to get the materials than hack the weapons in.

Last edited by HeroPrinny,
Reactions: infinete

Deneviel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any info on a NTR plugin?

Also anyone here with EU or US Collectors Edition willing to give us a dump of the DLC?
I'd rather unlock the quests to get the materials than hack the weapons in.

AFAIK there is no DLC, the CE item are given through a serial code that unlock the quest, ppl said that the quest are already in the game and are linked to the save file. U can find more info on Gamsfaqs and "that" iso site.

Last edited by Deneviel,

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
AFAIK there is no DLC, the CE item are given through a serial code that unlock the quest, ppl said that the quest are already in the game and are linked to the save file. U can find more info on Gamsfaqs and "that" iso site.
But then in theory can the quests not be unlocked by hex edit? If the quests are in built. I assume it would be as simple as changing a value. Much like fantasy life's dlc?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've attached the IDs for weapons, armor, and accessories.

Table Entry:
4 bytes = ID
1 byte = ??? (seems to be type, 2 = weapon, 3 = armor, 4 = accessory)
1 byte = ??? (can be crafted? can you obtain it? Haven't tested yet)
2 bytes = padding?

To generate a weapon, armor, or accessory, the first 4 bytes of the entry must be the ID and the last 4 bytes must be the location. You can get the location by dividing the beginning offset by 8.

Example:
File = Weapons.bin
offset = 0x6f0
ID = cef456b8 (Gungnir)
location = offset % 8 = 0x6f0 % 8 = de

Max stat Gungnir with +5 Critical rate
CE F4 56 B8 63 00 63 00 63 00 63 00 63 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 DE 00 00 00
How does one open these files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper