3DS Dragon Quest VIII Save Editor

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, my bad. I think I sent you the wrong one lol. That was from my japanese copy of the game.
Here's the correct one.
Nothing seems wrong. Should be able to copy to the game with no issues. Make sure you're using the latest version of the save editor as in the first post. (And not confusing your "Japanese" with "English" game)

Ego_Stone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nothing seems wrong. Should be able to copy to the game with no issues. Make sure you're using the latest version of the save editor as in the first post. (And not confusing your "Japanese" with "English" game)
As I said, I tried restoring both the edited save file with the DLC items and the original backup save using Checkpoint but I got an error in both instances.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe I should just use another app ?

Last edited by Ego_Stone,

Ego_Stone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What version of Checkpoint are you using?

Did you try using something else? Like JKSM or SVDT?
Checkpoint is on v3.7.4 and no, I haven't tried using the other two.

Also not really sure how to install them.

And another thing, for the edited save file I just need to put the .bin file in a folder in the same directory as the backup one, right ?

Also forgot to mention this, but the game also says that "This SD card contains extra data created on another system or on another SD card. The game cannot be played with this extra data".

Last edited by Ego_Stone,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also not really sure how to install them.
Go to this page. https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/releases/latest
Pick one of the two files listed. (You do not need both!)
  1. JKSM.3DSX create a folder called "3DS" on the sd card. Put the file in there. Load it with homebrew loader.
  2. JKSM.CIA put the file on your sd card. Load FBI Installer. Locate the JKSM.Cia file and install it on the home screen.
After you managed to install JKSM, try creating a backup to see if it works. Then try replacing the file JKSM made with your save edited file, and copy back.

Ego_Stone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Go to this page. https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM/releases/latest
Pick one of the two files listed. (You do not need both!)
  1. JKSM.3DSX create a folder called "3DS" on the sd card. Put the file in there. Load it with homebrew loader.
  2. JKSM.CIA put the file on your sd card. Load FBI Installer. Locate the JKSM.Cia file and install it on the home screen.
After you managed to install JKSM, try creating a backup to see if it works. Then try replacing the file JKSM made with your save edited file, and copy back.
There's already a folder called "3ds" on my SD. Should I just put it there ?

jbiscuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks. Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while, I've been quite busy.

@zaiaku666: You're right, that isn't great and I didn't think of it when I made the editor (items don't appear in the collected list). This is something that can be fixed in a later version, but I'm busy at the moment so I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.

@Ego_Stone: Are you sure this isn't a case of "Device ID" not being set correctly? I should really rename it to "Game ID", because it changes every time a new save is created on the console. Basically what you have to do is match the value on the save you want to use to the value in the latest save you created on the 3DS.

Thanks for all your kind words everyone. Glad to see people are making use of it. :)

Ego_Stone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi folks. Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while, I've been quite busy.

@zaiaku666: You're right, that isn't great and I didn't think of it when I made the editor (items don't appear in the collected list). This is something that can be fixed in a later version, but I'm busy at the moment so I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.

@Ego_Stone: Are you sure this isn't a case of "Device ID" not being set correctly? I should really rename it to "Game ID", because it changes every time a new save is created on the console. Basically what you have to do is match the value on the save you want to use to the value in the latest save you created on the 3DS.

Thanks for all your kind words everyone. Glad to see people are making use of it. :)
Hi, sorry for the over a year old reply, but I did check and the Device ID was set correctly and I still get the same message when restoring the modified save file and the booting up the game after.
Excuse me, do you have japanese version starter save file with all dlc? Thank you in advance!
No, I don't have it, not sure how to modify the save file for the Japanese version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol