Did this work for you?

• Total voters

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever i try to boot into smash selector from the home menu, all i get is a black screen. I installed the SaltySD cia previously and have been able to play online. The only mod i have installed is the Turbo'ed mod. I want to be able to select and De-select the mod. Is this what smash selector does?
Yes, it allows you to select or deselect between multiple mods or just disable/enable saltysd. With the black screen, when does it happen and does it just freeze?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it allows you to select or deselect between multiple mods or just disable/enable saltysd. With the black screen, when does it happen and does it just freeze?
I have the saltySD folder setup like in your example (:SaltySD/smash1). Whenever i launch smash selector on the home menu, the 3ds loading screen comes up as normal but the screen then goes black and i assume it is freezing.

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the saltySD folder setup like in your example (:SaltySD/smash1). Whenever i launch smash selector on the home menu, the 3ds loading screen comes up as normal but the screen then goes black and i assume it is freezing.
First launch might take a while, but not too long. In order to get around this try renaming your "smash1" folder to "smash" and create a textfile within /saltysd/ called "select.txt" Inside that text file, enter "1" without quotes and hit save.
EDIT: just realized you put SaltySD instead of saltysd. Make sure the saltysd folder is all lower case. This is most likely the cause(I think). It may also be a problem I fixed a while ago, but accidentally reverted. Are you on O3ds or N3ds?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First launch might take a while, but not too long. In order to get around this try renaming your "smash1" folder to "smash" and create a textfile within /saltysd/ called "select.txt" Inside that text file, enter "1" without quotes and hit save.
EDIT: just realized you put SaltySD instead of saltysd. Make sure the saltysd folder is all lower case. This is most likely the cause(I think). It may also be a problem I fixed a while ago, but accidentally reverted. Are you on O3ds or N3ds?
I'm on an O3DS. I changed the file to lowercase and nothing changed. I also renamed the smash1 folder to smash and added the text tile in the saltysd folder. I unfortunately am getting the same results.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got the program not to crash. I updated to your newest release and it seems to be working now. thank you for your help.

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on an O3DS. I changed the file to lowercase and nothing changed. I also renamed the smash1 folder to smash and added the text tile in the saltysd folder. I unfortunately am getting the same results.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got the program not to crash. I updated to your newest release and it seems to be working now. thank you for your help.
Well, that would do it. Did you find the new version on the first page of the thread?

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried the EUR version with another system and cartridge, but the CSS still lags, and matches take a lot of time to load. Could anyone else look into the EUR version of SaltySD? Requesting a fix

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the EUR version with another system and cartridge, but the CSS still lags, and matches take a lot of time to load. Could anyone else look into the EUR version of SaltySD? Requesting a fix
I know that the latest saltysd does not use the cachegen at all, but could you still try that, and post your results. Also, I could try sending you a version that has a lower limit of how many files it could load(less allocation for the file paths might mean faster loading). Also, for your css, how many character slots are avalible for each character? Did you change the default to be more than 8, because I have noticed that if you try to make it load 56 character costume slots for each character it will lag significantly. Also, if you are able to install CIA, why dont you just install the USA version. I believe luma3ds supports regionfree.

DesperadoV3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not working for me on N3DS. i have saltysd selected but when i launch smash it's default smash 4
1) i've enabled region/language emu
2) my salty sd folder is all lower case, and the folder inside is named smash (has select.txt inside with 1)
3) i checked the shas of the updates

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not working for me on N3DS. i have saltysd selected but when i launch smash it's default smash 4
1) i've enabled region/language emu
2) my salty sd folder is all lower case, and the folder inside is named smash (has select.txt inside with 1)
3) i checked the shas of the updates
Are you sure you are using the right version of luma3ds? After Enable region/language emu. does it have "and external .code loading"?

Last edited by Cydget,

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the right version is 5.5, then yes i'm on the right version
Make sure you are using Luma3DS v5.5-61684ecb
EDIT: get the newest version from here
The patching feature relies on luma3ds cfw in order to work. This eliminates the use of prebuild SaltySD update cias. Currently this feature is not in a released version of luma3ds, but you can download it from here.

Last edited by Cydget,

Jayster_2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it actually more stable on commit 61684ecb? I've been using the latest commit downloaded by Star Updater, which is e4ed713f. I've noticed some weird in-game things that have cost me to restart my 3ds or force-quit an endless load which get's me a Disconnection penalty. not sure if that's due to luma or SaltySD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: