ROM Hack [RELEASE] Smash-Selector

Did this work for you?

• Total voters

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying Smash Selector myself, however, when I hit Select, it says "Downloading... This may take some time" and nothing's happened since. I'm pretty sure it's been sitting there for a half-hour to an hour. What should I do?

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying Smash Selector myself, however, when I hit Select, it says "Downloading... This may take some time" and nothing's happened since. I'm pretty sure it's been sitting there for a half-hour to an hour. What should I do?
It shouldnt take more that 3 minutes. Power off the device or close the app. The reason it failed was most likely due to wifi not initializing fast enough after you turned the 3ds on and launched Smash-Selector. Wait 15-30 seconds at the home screen before launching Smash-Selector and try again. If you want to test if the wifi is initialized press START. If there is actual text on the bottom screen then you can press SELECT.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldnt take more that 3 minutes. Power off the device or close the app. The reason it failed was most likely due to wifi not initializing fast enough after you turned the 3ds on and launched Smash-Selector. Wait 15-30 seconds at the home screen before launching Smash-Selector and try again. If you want to test if the wifi is initialized press START. If there is actual text on the bottom screen then you can press SELECT.

I must have the slowest initializing wifi on an N3DS. I gave it 30 seconds before launching the program, hit START, and three minutes later, was met with 3 non-text characters on the bottom screen.

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must have the slowest initializing wifi on an N3DS. I gave it 30 seconds before launching the program, hit START, and three minutes later, was met with 3 syllables on the bottom screen.
It turns out the server I was hosting the files got its ip changed. I should have it fixed in less then a half hour if im lucky.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, just download the unofficial luma3ds cfw, download and install the smash-selector cia and press select once you open it.

You need the unofficial build? Strange, I figured since the latest hourly build off of the updater had the .code emulation option, it would work. Though it does explain why the music mods aren't working.

Reactions: olec04

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the unofficial build? Strange, I figured since the latest hourly build off of the updater had the .code emulation option, it would work. Though it does explain why the music mods aren't working.
The latest hourlies should work unless luma changed the folder path for the code sections to work.
https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
The version I used was 61684ecb from that link. I think its still the latest hourlies. It not unofficial just not released yet I think.
------------------------------------------------

Apparently, there was also a problem with the compiling where it caused a corrupt file to be produced. That has just been fixed. The people that should have been affected by that were the EUR and JAP regions. If you had the problem where saltysd crashed when launching smash, just redownload SaltySD with the Select button.

Last edited by Cydget,

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using 61684ecb from the updater program, and after I download SaltySD, the mods I have (which are just music mods) don't work, which I can tell right at the main menu. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Fixed it...somehow. I updated A9LH to v2, and downloaded SaltySD for all regions, and finally got the custom music to play.

Last edited by Chris_Highwind,

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I felt like merging both versions of smash selector and the all regions version. Added features include selecting what region of the installed smash/cartridge using the up and down dpad. It also includes a mirror server provided by @Jeanolos to download saltysd if my server is down for some reason. This version downloads saltysd for all regions, so it will have to download about 33MB instead of 11MB. If you wish you can still use the older version to download SaltySD for your region only.

EDIT: slight bug currently that causes it to crash on startup should be fixed very soon.
EDIT2: should be fixed now.

Attachments

• Smash-Selector.zip
    535.9 KB · Views: 217
Last edited by Cydget,
Reactions: Yudowat

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I pressed select and got the JAP version, despite having a EUR 3DS with the EUR cart and a NA cia. Why? How do I get the EUR version?

EDIT: After waiting a while, it actually downloaded all three. Never mind

EDIT2: This works well on my American copy which is installed on my 3DS, but the EUR cart version I have is incredibly slow.

Last edited by shahanshah,

Cydget

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pressed select and got the JAP version, despite having a EUR 3DS with the EUR cart and a NA cia. Why? How do I get the EUR version?

EDIT: After waiting a while, it actually downloaded all three. Never mind

EDIT2: This works well on my American copy which is installed on my 3DS, but the EUR cart version I have is incredibly slow.
Not sure why one would be slower than the other. Do you have the version 1.1.6 installed for both the EUR copy and USA copy?

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not sure why one would be slower than the other. Do you have the version 1.1.6 installed for both the EUR copy and USA copy?
Yes - up until now, the EUR version is the one I've been playing regularly, so it has always been up to date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.