ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

holyluigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok I don't get why that happens. Any move I change just loses its hitbox and does nothing. I use the latest stable build with the event.cfg of the beta build. I change damage = hitbox gone, I change angle=hitbox gone. using win10 and a n3dsxl just in case that matters. I hope somebody can help me T_T

Last edited by holyluigi,

Spawn_32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to detect button inputs? For example, Dedede's Up-B cancels into Special Fall if you press Up on the Control Stick in the middle of the Up-B. Is it possible to use that for our own yet?

D

Deleted User

Is there any way to detect button inputs? For example, Dedede's Up-B cancels into Special Fall if you press Up on the Control Stick in the middle of the Up-B. Is it possible to use that for our own yet?
Take a look in Dedede's Up Special code. It's obviously coded into his up special, so if you can find the bit that states that he is to be put into freefall after pressing up on the left stick/circle pad, you can probably reverse engineer that code to activate on a different input, and apply it to specific moves or fighters.

Spawn_32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Take a look in Dedede's Up Special code. It's obviously coded into his up special, so if you can find the bit that states that he is to be put into freefall after pressing up on the left stick/circle pad, you can probably reverse engineer that code to activate on a different input, and apply it to specific moves or fighters.
I tried and the only "unk" command I found was actually placed in a bunch of stuff like Bowser's down-aerial (I think) and others...

D

Deleted User

I tried and the only "unk" command I found was actually placed in a bunch of stuff like Bowser's down-aerial (I think) and others...
I guess the better way would be to know what the variable/function/etc is for freefall. Look at up specials that don't put you in freefall (like sonic or game and watch) and compare them to up specials that do put you in freefall (pretty much everyone else), looking for a specific keyword that appears in all that put you in freefall but not those that do not. Smash wiki tells me the name in the code is "fallspecial" (http://www.ssbwiki.com/Helpless), but I don't know myself if that's it.

Spawn_32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess the better way would be to know what the variable/function/etc is for freefall. Look at up specials that don't put you in freefall (like sonic or game and watch) and compare them to up specials that do put you in freefall (pretty much everyone else), looking for a specific keyword that appears in all that put you in freefall but not those that do not. Smash wiki tells me the name in the code is "fallspecial" (http://www.ssbwiki.com/Helpless), but I don't know myself if that's it.
Well Bowser's down aerial doesn't go into freefall. Also I'm more interested in the control stick input than the freefall, I know in Brawl/PSA it was extremely easy you would just use an If statement and check if <button> is being pressed. For example an idea is if you pressed up while inputting certain down-aerials, like Bowser's, instead of going downwards you would go upwards or something. Thanks anyway, but I did find something interesting, both the default Dedede Up-B and the Custom Up-B 3 have the option to input Up to enter freefall, and Custom Up-B 2 doesn't, and it lacks that unk command that the other 2 have. However, since Bowser's down-aerial also had it, I have no idea if it is related to the up input/freefall.

D

Deleted User

This is gonna be really lame, but I'm going to post this here anyways. So I've been vaguely interested in modding Smash 3DS for months now. I just got around to looking at my options for what HAX I can use, but my options seem very limited. I'm on a New 3DS, latest firmware (10.7). Homenuhax, browserhax, ironhax, and tubehax are all since patched, and I do not own Cubic Ninja, nor do I want to use smashhax if possible. That leaves me with just Oothax than? But Then the question remains.. If i can get Oothax to work, do i need to keep the Ocarina of Time game card inserted in order to run a smash 3DS mod, or can the card be removed as soon as the homebrew channel is opened? Also, some places I look tell me I need a PowerSaves action replay for 3DS in order to do this.. is this necessary?

Sorry for the long and somewhat irrelevant post, i just figured this would be as good a place as any to ask.

Spawn_32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is gonna be really lame, but I'm going to post this here anyways. So I've been vaguely interested in modding Smash 3DS for months now. I just got around to looking at my options for what HAX I can use, but my options seem very limited. I'm on a New 3DS, latest firmware (10.7). Homenuhax, browserhax, ironhax, and tubehax are all since patched, and I do not own Cubic Ninja, nor do I want to use smashhax if possible. That leaves me with just Oothax than? But Then the question remains.. If i can get Oothax to work, do i need to keep the Ocarina of Time game card inserted in order to run a smash 3DS mod, or can the card be removed as soon as the homebrew channel is opened? Also, some places I look tell me I need a PowerSaves action replay for 3DS in order to do this.. is this necessary?

Sorry for the long and somewhat irrelevant post, i just figured this would be as good a place as any to ask.
I have no idea how those cartridges swapping tricks work, but after getting access to the Homebrew channel from OoT3DHax you can downgrade to 9.2 and install menuhax, or even better install CFW (and even Arm9loaderhax if you wish)

Trinitro21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i can get Oothax to work, do i need to keep the Ocarina of Time game card inserted in order to run a smash 3DS mod, or can the card be removed as soon as the homebrew channel is opened?
The homebrew menu doesn't rely on the card. You can safely take it out when you're in homebrew.
Also, some places I look tell me I need a PowerSaves action replay for 3DS in order to do this.. is this necessary?
To install oothax to your cartridge, you either need another 3DS with hacks or a powersaves. The exploit is with the save, and there's no way to inject a save without homebrew or powersaves. This is where smashhax would be more convenient to you, because it's a primary exploit rather than a secondary exploit.

Reactions: Deleted User

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Quoted from smash 3ds hacking guide:
Can anyone help me in changing damage and knockback in animcmd? Trying to get roy's jab to do 999 damage and his neutral B to do max knockback, maybe even an instant charge.
Anyone?

D

Deleted User

To install oothax to your cartridge, you either need another 3DS with hacks or a powersaves. The exploit is with the save, and there's no way to inject a save without homebrew or powersaves. This is where smashhax would be more convenient to you, because it's a primary exploit rather than a secondary exploit.

So by that reasoning Smashhax would be the only entry point I could use to access homebrew without powersaves? Or would it be less of a risk/bother to use oothax? I have the cash and can get powersaves if needed.

Trinitro21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So by that reasoning Smashhax would be the only entry point I could use to access homebrew without powersaves? Or would it be less of a risk/bother to use oothax? I have the cash and can get powersaves if needed.
Smashhax is a bit of a hassle, but I'm not sure if oothax with powersaves would be more convenient. Also, I think I've heard that downgrading doesn't work as well on smashhax as on other entrypoints.

Last edited by Trinitro21,

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Smashhax is a bit of a hassle, but I'm not sure if oothax with powersaves would be more convenient. Also, I think I've heard that downgrading doesn't work as well on smashhax as on other entrypoints.
Well if he has OOT, and if smashhax isn't the best for downgrading, it would probably be much better to grab a cheap powersaves

D

Deleted User

Well if he has OOT, and if smashhax isn't the best for downgrading, it would probably be much better to grab a cheap powersaves

I'll probably just pick up a Powersaves, It's not too expensive so it should be fine. Thanks for the help/advice

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I keep getting this error when trying to extract my DT LS files they are from a Japanese 1.1.4 update
zznqDtG.png

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally figured out how to get loader injection working. Here's how you can use my loader on most CFWs:
  • Open up your firmware.bin in a hex editor. If the first four symbols aren't "FIRM" then your firmware.bin is encrypted. Can't help you there. Maybe switch to aureinand or some other cfw that uses decrypted firms.
  • Find the string "loader" and back up 0x200 bytes (on n3DS firms you should end up at 0x26600, on o3DS 0x26400).
  • Open up the attached build of injector.cxi in a hex editor.
  • Copy and overwrite all the contents of injector.cxi into the firmware.bin at the address you found (ctrl+b is paste write on HxD if you use that).
  • Save your firmware.bin.
I just wanted to say that this is extremely helpful, and I believe more people should use it.

Reactions: Trinitro21

Spawn_32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found a problem and I'm not sure if it's my bad or something, but Dr. Mario has the moveset data for Mario and even in the the param editor his attributes are Mario's. What gives? Has it only happened to me?

Spawn_32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any place where I can see what all the moves' names are? things like "AttackS3" are a tad confusing for me.
Compare it to the KuroganeHammer framedata, if the hitboxes are the same, you can find out which move is what. I believe S3 is Side-3, which is Side-Tilt. S4 is Side-Smash. Maybe it's vice-versa but I know S stands for Side, Hi for Up and Lw for Down. The aerials are AttackAerial(Lw/Hi/F/B/N) I believe, or similiar. Jabs are Attack 11, Attack 12 and Attack 13 (some characters only have Attack 11, depends on how their jab works, Ganon only has Attack 11) and the Specials are at the end of the list and have self-explanatory names.
Oh, and Dash Attack is AttackDash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof