ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a file or script that handles what animations characters use for the corresponding attacks as well like a file that says if Mario uses ForwardAir then Mario uses the animation for attacking forward/in front of himself in the air?

Reactions: chrisall76

daniel26150

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Decoding was mostly done by Dantarion for a while. I'm just implementing the editing and rebuilding functionality. Keep in mind that MSC is a good bit more complex than ACMD. It's gonna take alot of people alot of testing before we really know how to use it correctly.
Thanks again for working on the rebuild of the files I can't play classic mode because it crashes with satly Sd and I only edited the voices

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a file or script that handles what animations characters use for the corresponding attacks as well like a file that says if Mario uses ForwardAir then Mario uses the animation for attacking forward/in front of himself in the air?

That's exactly what MSC does, yes.

holyluigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Help. I just wanted to make my first "mod" for WiiU but I ran into a problem.
I changed captain Falcon's Dash Attack Damage from 10 to 20. Thats it I didn't do anything else.
But when I tested it. the dash attack actually dealt 20 damage but in addition to that it stunned them. Whenever I hit with dash attack (even the late hitbox that I didn't touched at all) They all got Stars over their head.
really hope someone knows whats going on here ^^'

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to change the background animation for Final Destination to a custom animation that I'll make. A. how would I get FD to read this animation? B. How should I make this animation? Could it be possible to have it read from an mp4 file or something, or would I have to code the animation? C. If I have to code it, how?

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: I pwned U!

RPD490

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how I would go about in modifying Cloud's Limit Charge to shorten the time it takes to charge?

Spawn_32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how I would go about in modifying Cloud's Limit Charge to shorten the time it takes to charge?
That's an attribute, you need to look around for the value in param/fighter/fighter_param_vl_cloud.bin, using the PARAM program and not AnimCmd. Additionally, there's a lot of values in those files and it's unknown what they are so you'll just have to go through a LOT of trial and error.

Rosscalvinar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you got the source code. Check the releases or the downloads section on the first post of this thread for executables.
Thank you for the link. For some reason, when I try to run my mod, the game freezes at the title screen. All I did was change some %s and frame data. Also, I am using sm4sh command and sm4sh explorer to unpack and re-pack it. Any Ideas?

imadeanaccountjustforthis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate to be pushy, but - @Sammi Husky, do you think a release of DTLS which supports European and Japanese updates and/or allows for full DT rebuilding will be ready and available soon?
I don't think there's been a new release of DTLS since the one attached to this post, and the latest release of DTLS on GitHub is even older than that.

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because i've been hard at work coding SM4SHCommand.

CjW6LqEUUAADAX5.jpg:large

DTLS, on the wiiu side, isn't used at all anymore since DT repacking is completely unnecessary and outclased by sm4sh-explorer. I will have DT repacking finished at some point however, probably after the latest sm4shcommand is finsihed.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Question: Do you think it could be possible to have an external library file for all those Unknowns ?
it could be beneficial if someone could edit things like : unk_B3EAA5C2(Unknown=0x1E00000A)

Spawn_32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I get taunts to activate an ability for a character?
Depending on what you mean with ability, that's probably not possible. You can make taunts have hitboxes, you can make taunts slow down the enemy (there's a function/command for that but I don't know exactly what it is), but you can't for example make them fall faster or make them run faster. You also can't do anything like make Limit Break. Atleast not at the moment, maybe when there's like animation editing and MSCB editing that'll be possible.

powermarshall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I edited Lucina and made some changes. I click save as and afterwards, it makes 5 separate files: effect, expression, game, motion, and sound. I put em in sm4shexplorer and build, and into my SD card. When I start up and select lucina and a stage, it crashes almost instantly when it begins to load. Is there something I'm missing? All I did was change dmg, kbg, bkb, and added some timers?

Wait, I just noticed this is on 3DS section. Are there two programs, one for wii u and then 3DS?

Last edited by powermarshall,

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I edited Lucina and made some changes. I click save as and afterwards, it makes 5 separate files: effect, expression, game, motion, and sound. I put em in sm4shexplorer and build, and into my SD card. When I start up and select lucina and a stage, it crashes almost instantly when it begins to load. Is there something I'm missing? All I did was change dmg, kbg, bkb, and added some timers?

Wait, I just noticed this is on 3DS section. Are there two programs, one for wii u and then 3DS?
Don't put in the effect, expression, motion, and sound files. Only use Game.bin and it should probably work.
EDIT: Also, how do you make your opponent slow? What command would you use?

Last edited by wuboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?