Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have a question about switching from gateway to rxtools: if i install all my games as .cia, will i still be able to use my savefiles (.sav created by gateway)?
Not directly. You'd need to back them up with SaveDataFiler, then restore them again after you've installed them to your homescreen.

Where did you find the link to that guide?
A member created it and posted the link in the thread some time back. It's the "official manual", well until another major change is made in a nightly and it becomes outdated anyhow.

Hey so when you have no browser what shows up in the place on your home menu where the browser symbol is? Is it still there? If it is there, What happens if you try to launch it? Sorry, I didn't even consider that the 0 would mean you don't have a browser. Both of mine came with a browser out of the box as far as I know...?
The icon is there but when you press it you're prompted to perform a system update. It usually occurs when someone has a launch day 3DS that has only ever been updated with game carts (they don't come with eshop/browser updates).

How would i go about backing up my SySnand? also should i download emunand before i use RXTools?
  • Launch the Gateway Menu with Cubic Ninja
  • backup your NAND, copy the resulting nand.bin to your PC and make a backup of the entire SD card too.
  • Reload the Gateway Menu and select setup emuNAND. This formats your SD card (which is you needed to back up your SD card).
  • Copy your SD card backup from your pc to your SD. Done.

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
A member created it and posted the link in the thread some time back. It's the "official manual", well until another major change is made in a nightly and it becomes outdated anyhow.
It's already outdated. It recommend using reinand firm and putting it into data with name orig. I couldn't run any nightly past 10/2 using it. But using cakes firm, naming file without orig and putting it into folder firm, I successfully launched the latest nightly.
Also it recommends installing fbi after you unlinked system nand. But I wasn't able to install fbi using HBL in the emunand on rxtools and cake. But I was able to install it into the sysnand using pasta mode. So install fbi then unkink should be better for now.

pizzadk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not directly. You'd need to back them up with SaveDataFiler, then restore them again after you've installed them to your homescreen.

The icon is there but when you press it you're prompted to perform a system update. It usually occurs when someone has a launch day 3DS that has only ever been updated with game carts (they don't come with eshop/browser updates).

• Launch the Gateway Menu with Cubic Ninja
  • backup your NAND, copy the resulting nand.bin to your PC and make a backup of the entire SD card too.
  • Reload the Gateway Menu and select setup emuNAND. This formats your SD card (which is you needed to back up your SD card).
  • Copy your SD card backup from your pc to your SD. Done.
Should i get gateway 3.5.1 or 3.4.1? Also do i use gateway emunand for rxtools?

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BTW have you gotten RXTools to work yet?
Yes. That guide wasn't working. I just used the same method as the last nightly. You just find cakes CFW and rename the firmware.bin (without the orig part) and place it in a folder you create and name "firm" in the rxTools directory. There is a bug with the ninjax loader which causes the screen to blank. Just wait for a few minutes then don't push anything except "a" and it should remain on black screen for about 30 seconds then boot to emunand. There may be a fix out there for the ninjax bug, I am not sure.

Last edited by DayVeeBoi,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Never mind guys, i fixed my AutoBoot issue easily by using the latest nightly ~ ^^, though i would like to know if RxTools runs just as fine on the N3DS as it is on my OG3DS, it is running amazingly on my og3ds.. all my cia installed games work flawlessly, but i would like to know if it is the same on the n3ds?! i would love to put it on my n3ds as well and put my RedGW card to sleep for a while XD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Should i get gateway 3.5.1 or 3.4.1? Also do i use gateway emunand for rxtools?

it runs fine on the gw 3.5.1 i set up everything using my og3ds< with the latest stuff from GW. on its latest emuNAND which is 10.3 i believe, (funny thing for me in RxTools emuNAND it shows RX 9.4 xD i guess each need to updated separately,not sure)

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Longius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !
i am quite deseperate, i am on a n3ds XL on 9.00.0.20E FW, i can't manage to make Rxtool launch more than 1 in 9 time :/ i tried multiple builds but it's always the same. Do you think that my sd card could be te issue ?

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Hi !
i am quite deseperate, i am on a n3ds XL on 9.00.0.20E FW, i can't manage to make Rxtool launch more than 1 in 9 time :/ i tried multiple builds but it's always the same. Do you think that my sd card could be te issue ?
This work fine for me :

If you want to use rxTools, you need :
- rxTools nightly : http://jheberg.net/captcha/rxtools-2015-11-19-265d53e/

1. Create a firm folder inside the rxTools folder, copy the firmware9.5.bin in it
2. Rename the firmware 9.5.bin 0004013820000002.bin. Then copy the rxTools folder on your micro-sd card root
3. Copy the rxTools folder from the ninjhax folder in your "3ds" folder.
4. Then start rxTools from the HBL. Press a key at the end of the data installation to boot into your emunand.

The "firmware9.5.bin" is for Cakes CFW ;)

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi !
Are you sure it isn't launching? There is an issue with the ninjax launcher on n3ds that causes the screen to black, but if you just wait it launches. I rarely see the actual RXtools screen, and when I do it just glitches on for a second. But if I just for like 20 or 30 seconds it launches automatically into emunand. When it doesn't, sometimes I just push "a" and it will start emunand. If this is an issue there is a build posted a few pages back, somewhere around page 730, and a user named FonzD has posted a build that has ninjax files with that fixed. I am on my phone, but when I get a chance I will link to the post.

Heres the link--> [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Last edited by DayVeeBoi, , Reason: Add Content
Reactions: Longius

erriyas

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hay. I have O3ds fw 4.4 reg Jp. i have problem in fbi injection. step injection done and ok. but the program Health&Safety App
but the program has not changed, still as default. can anybody help me?
:wacko:
Sory for my bad english. Thank's :yay3ds:

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just set rxTools to autoboot in my N3DS, and the boot rate is quite good. :)
Only thing left now is just DSi/TWL to get rid of miniPasta and DS flashcard support while in emuNAND and this will reign supreme in my N3DS!

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: halop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, hi