Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird :(.

I have O3DS on 4.5 Emunand and decided to update it to the latest one so I could play MHX online. Problem is everytime I boot into RX Menu on the MSET and select to boot into Emunand, I just get a black screen now. :(

Do you know a work around this?

Thanks

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question,where are the firmware.bin? When I compile or download it from the website,I don't find it!

Also,if I want to update to 9.0-9.2,do I have to update my 3DS XL (8.1.0-19U) before downgrading the MSET (the downgrade willl disapear when updating)? And where are USA file for downgade?
The read me that you're going may be out of date. What have you have to do is run the python script and it will make a folder called "firm" with three bin files inside it. You copy that whole folder to the RXtools folder on your SD card.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whats the most recent working build on N3DS, anyone know? I just built it from Git repo and I am just getting a black screen again. I usually use my other laptop with linux to build, but tonight I used osX and had to alter the makefile for it to compile. Anyone know anything relevant here that I am missing? I havent been following the thread for a few days....

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After NAND dump it shows it says: blahblah completed, press A to continue. When I press A it shows "Error opening /rxTools/Theme/0/dmp0.b" and after this my screen ends. Also backup created by this has 350 MB in size (I'm using pal n3ds on 9.0.0.20). Is this OK?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After second time it's 244 MB.
The Nand Dump on an N3DS should be 1.3GB or 1.8GB depending on the Nand Chip installed. anything less than 1GB is a bad dump.

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
I was trying to create a backup using Gateway Launcher. First time it was a 1.84GB and finished with success message. All next tries freeze at 5-10%. After this my sdcard showed that 5gbs were used on it out of 32. Even though all files on it take roughly 140 MBs. Tried to perform a full format of sdcard. After this Gateway Launcher still freezes on nand backup. Looks like potential problem with sdcard. Will try create both rxtools and gw backups on the other card. The card itself is only 2 month in use with sky3ds.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
10-02 works perfectly.
Thanks, I appreciate the reply. I have a more recent version than 10/02 that works on it. I am looking for someone that has built from the last few days or so. I suspect that the Ninjax launcher is my issue. It was late last night, so I didn't spend much time on it. I'll mess around some more today.

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
After trying another another sd card: GW Launcher gave me 1,933,312 KB two times. RXTools gave me backup with 1,269,760 KB without error after pressing A. So now I have another question is it OK that those backups are so different in size? Which one should I use for the emunand?

pizzadk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a quick question. the tutorial says this: Put 0004013820000002orig.bin in rxTools/data folder of your SD Card.
But in my downloaded folder i do not have a "data" folder inside my "rxTools" folder. Do i just need to create it?
PS: i have a n3ds 9.2

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a quick question. the tutorial says this: Put 0004013820000002orig.bin in rxTools/data folder of your SD Card.
But in my downloaded folder i do not have a "data" folder inside my "rxTools" folder. Do i just need to create it?
PS: i have a n3ds 9.2
That's an old guide. It's not applicable. For N3DS you have to find the decrypted firmware and place it in /rxTools/firm/. if you look through the thread a few pages back you will find some posts documenting how to install, I don't have a lot of time today but if you haven't found before I am back at my computer I can take a quick look and link the posts.

pizzadk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's an old guide. It's not applicable. For N3DS you have to find the decrypted firmware and place it in /rxTools/firm/. if you look through the thread a few pages back you will find some posts documenting how to install, I don't have a lot of time today but if you haven't found before I am back at my computer I can take a quick look and link the posts.
It does say (N3DS) tho for the instructions? https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vLSLAvFW_4UekzJnKCjz_ce7AWYmjp5Cq2LxfQ9cDr0/edit# Page 29

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so I have never seen that before, I am on my phone not by my laptop so it's hard to read but it looks like that is more recent instruction than the build that I am using. If it says to put it in a directory that doesn't exist, then you should create that directory yourself. That was your earlier question? I can't see it without going back and deleting what I wrote so far.

pizzadk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I have never seen that before, I am on my phone not by my laptop so it's hard to read but it looks like that is more recent instruction than the build that I am using. If it says to put it in a directory that doesn't exist, then you should create that directory yourself. That was your earlier question? I can't see it without going back and deleting what I wrote so far.
Yes thank you very much.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes thank you very much.
No problem, when I get a few minutes I will go follow the same guide and see how it goes. I tried to update to newest build last night and failed to boot. So hopefully that guide will sort it out. I saw a step that wasn't required last time I installed. So thanks for pointing it out. Where did you find the link to that guide?

pizzadk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No problem, when I get a few minutes I will go follow the same guide and see how it goes. I tried to update to newest build last night and failed to boot. So hopefully that guide will sort it out. I saw a step that wasn't required last time I installed. So thanks for pointing it out. Where did you find the link to that guide?
Dont remember sorry.
But it looks like im stuck on "Please stand by. RXMODE is booting"
I just launched it for the first time via homebrew launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ