Status
Not open for further replies.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I see it ^^
How can I compare 2 files to know if they are strictly the same ?

My advice is that works but some people who test it confuse Rednand and Emunand.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sans_titre_1.jpg

The backup of both Sysnand and Emunand are exactly the same.

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There will no be risky options. They all will be full of warnings and checks, so no problem.
Just be careful on your own as always.

Btw, i had 30 minutes to write some code for mi idea and it just works!
rxMode is capable to detetch homebrew and roms, and he now enables homebrew, even if unsigned, through CIA installation.
I tried to install/run many roms CIAs and they all are rejected.

Tomorrow i'll make a video for proof of what i'm saying. :)

Homebrew without GW card ? The Best Homebrew-CFW ever

ProudPenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you plan on pushing your latest updates to Github? I went to check out the source, but it appears to be about a month and major version behind your latest release. Or is that what you mean by "partially open sourced" in the original post, that what is on github right now is all that will be open sourced?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
There will no be risky options. They all will be full of warnings and checks, so no problem.
Just be careful on your own as always.

Btw, i had 30 minutes to write some code for mi idea and it just works!
rxMode is capable to detetch homebrew and roms, and he now enables homebrew, even if unsigned, through CIA installation.

Tomorrow i'll make a video for proof of what i'm saying. :)
Sounds great! But better spend your time to coding and release a new versions. There are plenty YouTube users to make a video for you just on release, but only few real 3DS devs that can finish your job ;)

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Do you plan on pushing your latest updates to Github? I went to check out the source, but it appears to be about a month and major version behind your latest release. Or is that what you mean by "partially open sourced" in the original post, that what is on github right now is all that will be open sourced?
He's only open-sourcing the development tools. The CFW portions will remain private because of piracy concerns.

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's outdated becouse is everytime more difficult to separate rxMode code from the rxTools one, and the coding setup also change a lot from the far beginning.
Meh, i'll try my best.
I'll add all the possible checks i can to check warez roms.
If some of you will notice that some homebrews doesn't boot/install, i'll probably make a whitelist for them :)

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's outdated becouse is everytime more difficult to separate rxMode code from the rxTools one, and the coding setup also change a lot from the far beginning.
Meh, i'll try my best.
If some of you will notice that some homebrews doesn't boot/install, i'll probably make a whitelist for them :)

Take all the time you need brother

Suiginou

(null)
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Meh, i'll try my best.

Why not just separate rxTools from rxMode into two separate codebases with a common interface library?

Trice

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Too bad that there probably isn't a way to authorize a CIA installation of a game bought on one of my other 3DS systems while still locking out piracy. I bought a Gateway flashcard to consolidate all my different region eShop games on a single 3DS which is much more convenient than carrying around multiple handhelds and it works pretty well, but a flashcard-less solution like rxTools with additional functionality from a developer whose progress is a lot more transparent than Gateway's would of course be the icing on the cake.

However, my main system is a New 3DS XL, so rxTools isn't compatible with that for the time being anyway, but who knows what will happen in the future. Right now I'm happy enough that I can access the eShop on all my other systems through rxMode to buy new games and transfer them to my New 3DS with the help of FunkyCIA. The only problem right now is Xenoblade Chronicles 3D as I can't even buy this because it's blocked on the eShop of a regular 3DS and there's no way to access the eShop with a New 3DS.

ProudPenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, i'll try my best.

Don't worry about it on my account, I was just curious. I understand not wanting to open source the CFW stuff and make it easier for someone to enable piracy. I'll just enjoy your results and move onto another development project :)

bbmax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Too bad that there probably isn't a way to authorize a CIA installation of a game bought on one of my other 3DS systems while still locking out piracy. I bought a Gateway flashcard to consolidate all my different region eShop games on a single 3DS which is much more convenient than carrying around multiple handhelds and it works pretty well, but a flashcard-less solution like rxTools with additional functionality from a developer whose progress is a lot more transparent than Gateway's would of course be the icing on the cake.

However, my main system is a New 3DS XL, so rxTools isn't compatible with that for the time being anyway, but who knows what will happen in the future. Right now I'm happy enough that I can access the eShop on all my other systems through rxMode to buy new games and transfer them to my New 3DS with the help of FunkyCIA. The only problem right now is Xenoblade Chronicles 3D as I can't even buy this because it's blocked on the eShop of a regular 3DS and there's no way to access the eShop with a New 3DS.

all what you need to do is doing hard mod backup nand update to 9.6 buy the game with e-shop and downgrade with hard mod;)

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as an extra precaution before following the above use the gateway launcher to backup your system nand. Also be sure to copy the backed up nand to your pc before formatting emunand as that will wipe your SD card. This will ensure you can recover your 3ds using a hard mod if anything were to go wrong.

So there is a chance that I brick the 3DS? Or is it just that an accidental real NAND update might happen?
Not feeling confortable with a hard mod tbh.

I already created a backup of my SD card.

I'll probably have some questions while doing that stuff but ok :)
Better safe than sorry :)

EDIT: So I can just choose format EmuNAND before doing anything beforehand? I don't have a GW card or other flashcart, just 3D Land inside my 3DS.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just worked up the balls to try this, but as others have reported, injection to sysNAND had no effect. I compared the sysNAND ticket.db before and after "injection", and their SHA-1s matched.
Also, if injection did work, how would I go about getting sysNAND to accept the eShop downloads from emuNAND?

Yeah, that was my bad. I saw the updates worked and in my stupidly tired state it never clicked that injection was broken and that updates worked because they already had tickets in sysnand. Then I realized the next day and haven't been near a computer since. (I'm so cool and smart, yo)

lPolarisl

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

Does that mean it will allow the instalation of custom themes as cia files ? (non-nintendo ones)

Reactions: minexew

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't worry about it on my account, I was just curious. I understand not wanting to open source the CFW stuff and make it easier for someone to enable piracy. I'll just enjoy your results and move onto another development project :)
Oh, what a breath of fresh air. You're obviously new here.

If only everyone here had this attitude. Welcome to the community! :)

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hey, Roxas, i know that it will most likely not happen, but if you make a whitelist, could you add Cubic NINJA to it ?
I know you don't want to enable piracy and I totally respect that, but this game is really hard to come by, and since there are still some homebrew only available through Cubic Ninja, i was just hoping you could :)

Anyway, thanks again for all the work you did to the 3DS scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1