Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
N3DS sysnand 9.0, emunand 9.5, RX latest build
N3DS XL sysnand 9.2, emunand 9.5, RX latest build

DS mode won't work.

The only CFW that can load DS mode/ DS Flashcart is CakesFW
Last time i was able to run dsflashcart on emunand was with rxtools 3beta and early nightlies.
Always get error on recent rx and Cakes emunand.

Yea... good luck with that if you ever get an N3DS. You'll never play newer games again without finding modified ones. Rxtools won't let you play even SSB as a cart because of the 9.5 emunand limitation.
care to explain why these problems will be exclusive on rx? Other cfw and even gw has same emunand limitation for n3ds.

Last edited by honyo29,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DS mode won't work.

Last time i was able to run dsflashcart on emunand was with rxtools 3beta and early nightlies.
Always get error on recent rx and Cakes emunand.

This is why I have stuck with the 10.2 nightly. DS mode and DS flashcarts work just fine on the N3DS with it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

AFAIK to play SSB you must be on 9.2 or higher (if not lower)...
The base 1.0 game requires 8.1 and the Rev02 cart requires 9.2, but the latest updates to the game require 9.7 or 9.8 I think. All you really need atm to play them on rxTools (or any other CFW other than GW) is a fw spoofed update cia.

Of course if other CFWs besides GW would implement a kernel version spoof then we wouldn't have this requirement.

Reactions: Garcia98

zell180

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guys! i've this problem with rxtools and my nintendo 2ds fw 6.0.0-12e. i use mset exploit to launch emunand in rxmode. if i launch emunand without update everything work, after i've update my emuand the only way that i have to boot in rxmode is launch rxtools from "nintendo ds profile" e push L button to open rxTools UI and then select boot in rxmode and then emunand. if i try to boot directly sysnand in rxmode it works. i've try everything but with no result like use my friend's rxtools folder that work on his o3ds or use different version of rxtools.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China

DS mode won't work.

Someone said DS mode works on N3DS Sys 9.X Emu 9.X on Oct.02.
Cannot test it myself though.

Reactions: thaikhoa

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
care to explain why these problems will be exclusive on rx? Other cfw and even gw has same emunand limitation for n3ds.
Never said they were exclusive to rxtools. NOT having that problem is exclusive to GW. GW does not have the limitation because it patches the minimum_firmware_required checks.

Last edited by urherenow,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never said they were exclusive to rxtools. NOT having that problem is exclusive to GW. GW does not have the limitation because it patches the minimum_firmware_required checks.
No. Gateway spoofs the kernel version, which is what is being checked by CIA's that stall on the 3DS logo.

What I don't understand is why no one else is able to do this.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can i use "sysupdater" to update my sysnand on 9.2 ?
I don't know, I am sorry. I don't think that you should update anything until you get a better answer than what I just gave you. I am not familiar with sysupdater but I don't think that you can update past 9.2 on your sysnand (if that is what sysupdater does.) I am sorta new with 3ds. Don't update anything at all until you get a definitive answer.

If you haven't been involved in console hacking before now, here's a tip. Updating is something you do not take lightly. It could fuck your whole world up.

Last edited by DayVeeBoi,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Gateway spoofs the kernel version, which is what is being checked by CIA's that stall on the 3DS logo.

What I don't understand is why no one else is able to do this.
Ok, either way, SSB with the latest updates needs GW to play on N3DS 9.5 emunand and it does. Why no one has done it yet? Because the GW Launcher is heavily obfuscated and no one has figured out what offset to patch.

Can i use "sysupdater" to update my sysnand on 9.2 ?
Yes. But you MUST use devmode (now called pasta mode, if you're using a nightly)

Last edited by urherenow,

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I don't know, I am sorry. I don't think that you should update anything until you get a better answer than what I just gave you. I am not familiar with sysupdater but I don't think that you can update past 9.2 on your sysnand (if that is what sysupdater does.) I am sorta new with 3ds. Don't update anything at all until you get a definitive answer.

If you haven't been involved in console hacking before now, here's a tip. Updating is something you do not take lightly. It could fuck your whole world up.
I use sysupdater in all my 3ds to make the update to 9.2 but it's the first time i use a N3DS

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, either way, SSB with the latest updates needs GW to play on N3DS 9.5 emunand and it does. Why no one has done it yet? Because the GW Launcher is heavily obfuscated and no one has figured out what offset to patch.

Yes. But you MUST use devmode (now called pasta mode, if you're using a nightly)
Except it doesn't. You just cannot download the update directly from the eshop. You need to find an iso site and download a patched version of the update that will run on 9.5. Not that hard to find dude.

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else here know if Sysupdater is supported on N3DS?

I dont want to insult you because your english seems to be very good but if you want I can do a quick search and make sure that ts supported on N3DS, Im new to 3ds so I dont know offhand. Give me a second...

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Anyone else here know if Sysupdater is supported on N3DS?

I dont want to insult you because your english seems to be very good but if you want I can do a quick search and make sure that ts supported on N3DS, Im new to 3ds so I dont know offhand. Give me a second...
Thanks a lot for your help and for my english, I give the best of myself every day ;)

With O3DS, i haven't any probleme but with N3DS, it's my first fight ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo