DSC05772.jpg
thanks, much apreciated :)

Reactions: DjoeN

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was wondering does RxTools always support the latest system version on the O3DS? For example if Nintendo releases 10.4 tomorrow, will I be able to update my emunand no problem? Or would I have to update RxTools?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Was wondering does RxTools always support the latest system version on the O3DS? For example if Nintendo releases 10.4 tomorrow, will I be able to update my emunand no problem? Or would I have to update RxTools?
If you are not sure, You should wait till ppl confirm it works!

danzou22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We can't be certain about the future, but from what I remember, rxTools always worked with the latest fw in emunand without needing any updates, even way back when it was first released.

Nyaspurr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having issues booting into emuNAND with the latest nightly? It hangs when it tries to load the emunand, yet using an older build from a month ago works fine.

I did use Sysupdater last night to get to ver 9.0.0-20U. think it has anything to do with that?

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, noob questions.

I have the old RxTools. I'm finally FINALLY ready to commit to using an updated version.

Other than code.bin and /rxtools/* is there anything else I need to remove before moving over the updated package? I've downloaded the Sep21 build posted a few pages back (unless there's a better choice).

Also, I remember rxTools having to "install" something once upon a time. Will I have to worry about any of that this time around?

Finally, assuming this doesn't go as planned, can I go back to my stable rxtools 2.6 relatively painlessly?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
okay, noob questions.

I have the old RxTools. I'm finally FINALLY ready to commit to using an updated version.

Other than code.bin and /rxtools/* is there anything else I need to remove before moving over the updated package? I've downloaded the Sep21 build posted a few pages back (unless there's a better choice).

Also, I remember rxTools having to "install" something once upon a time. Will I have to worry about any of that this time around?

Finally, assuming this doesn't go as planned, can I go back to my stable rxtools 2.6 relatively painlessly?
1. Delete or move old "rxTools" folder, rxtools.dat, firmware.bin.
Copy new "rxTools" folder.
According to your rxTools version, you should use BUNDLED /Tools/cdn_firm.py to generate a new firmware.bin and put it into /rxTools/sys. (This is completely different if you're using rxTools newer than Oct.03)
Then reinstall the BUNDLED rxinstaller.nds (if you're using DS profile exploit).

2. If you put correct firmware.bin on correct place, it will only happen once.

3. If you want to go back to 2.6, you should backup
- rxTools folder
- rxtools.dat
- firmware.bin
- rxinstaller.nds for 2.6

Reactions: TidusWulf

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Delete or move old "rxTools" folder, rxtools.dat, firmware.bin.
Copy new "rxTools" folder.
According to your rxTools version, you should use BUNDLED /Tools/cdn_firm.py to generate a new firmware.bin and put it into /rxTools/sys. (This is completely different if you're using rxTools newer than Oct.03)
Then reinstall the BUNDLED rxinstaller.nds (if you're using DS profile exploit).

2. If you put correct firmware.bin on correct place, it will only happen once.

3. If you want to go back to 2.6, you should backup
- rxTools folder
- rxtools.dat
- firmware.bin
- rxinstaller.nds for 2.6
Is there any benefit to using a Oct 03 or newer version? Also, (I hate to ask), but if so, where can I find it already compiled?

Secondly, I'm guessing the python script has something to do with copyrights?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Is there any benefit to using a Oct 03 or newer version? Also, (I hate to ask), but if so, where can I find it already compiled?

Secondly, I'm guessing the python script has something to do with copyrights?
The recent versions still have some bugs to fix.
Since those versions mainly improve the CFW running on N3DS, your build is enough.

The python script drags files from Nintendo's server.

Reactions: TidusWulf

SunTea07

K-POP / Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Can someone help me when trying to decrypt a 3ds game in rxtools im getting an eror sdinfo.bin not found? it only generates the exefs and exheader but not the romfs

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help me when trying to decrypt a 3ds game in rxtools im getting an eror sdinfo.bin not found? it only generates the exefs and exheader but not the romfs
romfs.bin xorpad is not required in some converters (simple cia converter)
and you can just ignore sdinfo.bin message.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The recent versions still have some bugs to fix.
Since those versions mainly improve the CFW running on N3DS, your build is enough.

The python script drags files from Nintendo's server.
Is there a method that doesn't require me downloading the huge python package?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Seemed that DS carts not working on rxTools emuNAND with SysNAND 4.X existed a long time.

My test:
O3DS A - Sys 9.2, Emu 10.3, RX Nov.15/Nov.19/Oct.02, Menuhax booting - Run DS cart properly
O3DS B - Sys 4.5, Emu 10.3, RX Nov.15/Nov.19/Oct.02, DS profile booting - "An error occured"

DS carts:
legits, MT-card bluecard, DSTWO

Dunno how N3DS is.

(Edit) Opened an issue #314 on github.

(Edit2) Since the project has announced that rxMode only supports TWL(DS carts/DSiWare) on SysNAND, I'm doubting if I need to close that issue.

Last edited by MelonGx,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1