Status
Not open for further replies.

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Anyone please help?

installing rx is pretty simpe if you already have gw run and working on your 3ds. and using rx instead of pasta means you're not required to patch agbfirm.
get all required files (there is tutorial on tutorial section of this forum) then put them into your sd card, put rx installer.nds to your blue cart
whichever you'll run from mset/dsprofile depends on which installer you run with your bluecart.
or if you have a working browser, you can use it to run one of them and mset for the other.
if you just want to use rx for gba, after installation process, go to setting and chose boot to sysnand.
the rest is installing gba vc on sysnand, if you don't have dev menu installed on sysnand, install one using redcart on sysnand gw mode first (hold b while selecting gw mode in gw menu.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, emunand protip I've just figured out:
You can take your sd card while in emunand if you do the following:
  1. Turn wifi off
  2. Close any suspended apps
  3. Open the internet browser
  4. Wait for it to say 'Connection failed.'
  5. Remove sd card
  6. Make sure you don't touch anything in the web browser
  7. Re-insert sd card
  8. Close the web browser
This allowed me to do some savefile modifying without having to restart my 3ds each time I removed my sd card.
I hope this helps somebody :)
Or, you could, you know... Use the micro sd management app.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things are just not working for me :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

installing rx is pretty simpe if you already have gw run and working on your 3ds. and using rx instead of pasta means you're not required to patch agbfirm.
get all required files (there is tutorial on tutorial section of this forum) then put them into your sd card, put rx installer.nds to your blue cart
whichever you'll run from mset/dsprofile depends on which installer you run with your bluecart.
or if you have a working browser, you can use it to run one of them and mset for the other.
if you just want to use rx for gba, after installation process, go to setting and chose boot to sysnand.
the rest is installing gba vc on sysnand, if you don't have dev menu installed on sysnand, install one using redcart on sysnand gw mode first (hold b while selecting gw mode in gw menu.
I can't manage to install this properly. I also tried following the tutorial but it seemed to be all over the place. So, I have to use the blue gateway card everytime I want to play gba gams and reinstall the gateway patch everytime I want to use gateway?

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the multireplies:

So I managed to install the rxtools (woot!). I know that I can use the browser to get directly into rxtools emunand. But does this mean I have no need for gateway now? I only use gateway to boot into emunand mode :(
Also, do I need the slot25key bin or whatever? I have it on the root of my sd card but not sure if I need it (im on original firmware 4.410U and latest emunand).

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If you want to keep using gateway, yes. if you want to do it in one place, just use rxtools (convert your important gw games n saves to cia), install gba vc on both nands (if your nands are linked you only need to install once). Then you can play both your 3ds games, and gba vc in emunand, in one rx mode without going back and forth.

Last edited by honyo29,

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to keep using gateway, yes. if you want to do it in one place, just use rxtools (convert your important gw games n saves to cia), install gba vc on both nands (if your nands are linked you only need to install once). Then you can play both your 3ds games, and gba vc in emunand, in one rx mode without going back and forth.
The installation process for latest nightly is very simple actually, you"ll only need a working on your pc (2.7 iirc).
Dl the latest nigtly and extract, run the py script, put the generated firm folder to rxtools folder.
This rxtools folder and keyIf you want to keep using gateway, yes. if you want to do it in one place, just use rxtools (convert your important gw games n saves to cia), install gba vc on both nands (if your nands are linked you only need to install once). Then you can play both your 3ds games, and gba vc in emunand, in one rx mode without going back and forth.
Cool. So i am in rxtools latest emunand, I installed a few gba virtual console cias, but i still get an error occured and must power down upon launching the game:( now what should i do?
thank you by the way i really appreciate it :)

Last edited by placebooooo,

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Your emunand are probably unlinked. You need to install every gba vc twice, once on each nand (if you use fbi, select destination to sd, not nand).
Gba vc wont work on emunand without being installed on sysnand too.

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your emunand are probably unlinked. You need to install every gba vc twice, once on each nand (if you use fbi, select destination to sd, not nand).
Gba vc wont work on emunand without being installed on sysnand too.
Could you please be a little more detailed with the steps (I'm completely noob :(

So this is what I tried doing. While on the rxtools emunand, I installed the gba virtual consoles using big blue menu. I tried to start them up but they didn't work.
Next, I tried installing them with fbi (making sure I am installing on sd not nand). Still nothing. I even tried my installing onto nand but still nothing.

The gba games appear on gateway nand and rxtools band but not on sysnand. I don't know how to install them on sysnand and I don't know how to boot rxtools in sysnand. I don't have big blue menu on my sysnand either of that matters (I have no cia files on sysnand).

Can you please give me a detailed step by step on what I need to do? Thank you.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could you please be a little more detailed with the steps (I'm completely noob :(

So this is what I tried doing. While on the rxtools emunand, I installed the gba virtual consoles using big blue menu. I tried to start them up but they didn't work.
Next, I tried installing them with fbi (making sure I am installing on sd not nand). Still nothing. I even tried my installing onto nand but still nothing.

The gba games appear on gateway nand and rxtools band but not on sysnand. I don't know how to install them on sysnand and I don't know how to boot rxtools in sysnand. I don't have big blue menu on my sysnand either of that matters (I have no cia files on sysnand).

Can you please give me a detailed step by step on what I need to do? Thank you.
  1. Put bigbluemenu.3ds on your GW card
  2. Put bigbluemenu.CIA on your 3ds SD card
  3. Load the gateway menu (where you have the option to backup your nand)
  4. While on the first option, "boot gateway mode", hold B. It should now say "boot gateway sysnand mode" or something like that.
  5. Press A while still holding B
  6. Congrats, you are now in sysnand
  7. Press SELECT to open the ROM menu
  8. Select and launch bigbluemenu
  9. Install bigbluemenu.cia
  10. Now you can install GBA games in rxtools sysnand without needing the GW card.
How to launch rxmode sysnand:
  1. Boot into the rxtools menu (hold L if necessary)
  2. Select the first option, "RXMODE" in big letters
  3. Choose the sysnand option

Reactions: placebooooo

placebooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Put bigbluemenu.3ds on your GW card
  2. Put bigbluemenu.CIA on your 3ds SD card
  3. Load the gateway menu (where you have the option to backup your nand)
  4. While on the first option, "boot gateway mode", hold B. It should now say "boot gateway sysnand mode" or something like that.
  5. Press A while still holding B
  6. Congrats, you are now in sysnand
  7. Press SELECT to open the ROM menu
  8. Select and launch bigbluemenu
  9. Install bigbluemenu.cia
  10. Now you can install GBA games in rxtools sysnand without needing the GW card.
How to launch rxmode sysnand:
  1. Boot into the rxtools menu (hold L if necessary)
  2. Select the first option, "RXMODE" in big letters
  3. Choose the sysnand option
Worked like a charm :)
thank you!

Reactions: samiam144

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Or, you could, you know... Use the micro sd management app.
I have already abandoned that 1MB/s method.
I can enjoy 90~300MB/s R/W for exporting/importing what I need by hot-plugging SD/MicroSD. Even I can't hot plug I still have the "cold plug" option.

Last edited by MelonGx,
Reactions: VerseHell

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
  1. Turn wifi off
  5. Remove sd card
  7. Re-insert sd card
  8. Close the web browser
This allowed me to do some savefile modifying without having to restart my 3ds each time I removed my sd card.
Tested worked!
- O3DS 9.2.0-20J
- rxTools Nov.15 with Menuhax 2.0 booting & emuNAND 10.3.0-28J unlinked

KashiToxicBlood

how2hakpls
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
  1. Turn wifi off
  5. Remove sd card
  7. Re-insert sd card
  8. Close the web browser
doesn't work on n3ds, cri. it only worked on my o3ds

orly3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Apache Thunder separated it from the system settings to be its own app on the home menu
WOW! Thanks for telling me about that :)
I had no idea something like that would even be possible. That's going to save me a lot of time :)

1. Turn wifi off
  5. Remove sd card
  7. Re-insert sd card
  8. Close the web browser

Also, this shows that sysnand chip hotswaps could be a possibility, although I don't see how that would benefit anybody in any way :P

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
WOW! Thanks for telling me about that :)
I had no idea something like that would even be possible. That's going to save me a lot of time :)

Also, this shows that sysnand chip hotswaps could be a possibility, although I don't see how that would benefit anybody in any way :P
Hotswapping the same chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended