ROM Hack [Release] Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal Virtual Console Wireless Linking Patches

Would you like to see documentation on how to make patches like this in the future?

• Total voters

BSroot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive struggled endlessly trying to find the iso site that had the prepatched roms to no avail, please someone point me in the right direction

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't using this currently a potential for a ban?
No not necessarily, It's indicative of CFW but not technically piracy since any games Title ID can be edited, then rebuilt and installed. I doubt anyone is going to be banned for it. I already sent a few Pokemon through from Crystal when the bank was updated for Gold/Silver (it's been working since then) and haven't seen a ban yet.

Also you don't need a subscription or an NNID to use the Poke Transporter/ Pokemon bank, you only need those for storage. So there isn't really a way to track it other than eShop receipts tied to your device ID; and guess what? They can do the same thing with ANYTHING anyone has downloaded/installed from freeshop etc, so you're taking the same risk regardless by playing games you never bought in the first place.

Reactions: Tac 21

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ok so this is quite weird to be honest.
I've been playing Pokemon Cristal(Spanish) these past days using the Offical patch that was on the GS CIA, and when I got my 2nd medal I modify the sav to get a GS Ball directly. I thought that it will work directly, but I forgot that you need to get all 16 medalls, so I deleted it.

Recently I got all medals, and after I did a Mystery Gift with a friend I went to Goldenrod City because I got the Eon Mail. When I left I got the event triggered, the Nurse gave me the GS Ball and Kurt grab it to continue with the Event.

https://twitter.com/xJoelituh/status/916337319019532288

It's probably that Pkhex did modify some values when I added the GS Ball, but this is still quite strange.
Just as a side note, what I found here, was actually the event, as far as I know, there was nowhere to be found any info about this being on the patches and so the patches Traiver added later were meaningless.

With a friend of mine, we managed to recreated and see what triggered this and we came with the conclusion that was the Elite 4.

So with today's release of Pokemon Crystal VC you can get Celebi even then TPCi haven't said anything yet about it, basically what you have to do is:

• Beat the Pokémon League once on VC!
• Go to Goldenrod City’s Pokémon Center
• Leave the building from the RIGHT TILE of the rug
• You’ll be stopped and given the GS Ball

I think I'll check whenever I can if the patches that were leaked with GS are the same that with the ones we got today.

Also, there's no point now of the patches Traiver did unless it's for Rom Hacks, so, rip

Plus, spread the word, it will take a while until they say we can get it, and I know there's people who wanted Celebi and think we won't get it :P
https://twitter.com/mattyoukhana_/status/956537834386554880

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as a side note, what I found here, was actually the event, as far as I know, there was nowhere to be found any info about this being on the patches and so the patches Traiver added later were meaningless.

With a friend of mine, we managed to recreated and see what triggered this and we came with the conclusion that was the Elite 4.

So with today's release of Pokemon Crystal VC you can get Celebi even then TPCi haven't said anything yet about it, basically what you have to do is:

I think I'll check whenever I can if the patches that were leaked with GS are the same that with the ones we got today.

Also, there's no point now of the patches Traiver did unless it's for Rom Hacks, so, rip

Plus, spread the word, it will take a while until they say we can get it, and I know there's people who wanted Celebi and think we won't get it :P
Is it able to be shiny or is it shiny locked?

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Blaze Uchiha,

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you dont have to walk right. Just walk in and attempt to walk out abd you'll be stopped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Good morning!