ROM Hack [Release] Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal Virtual Console Wireless Linking Patches

Would you like to see documentation on how to make patches like this in the future?

• Total voters

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How you do that? I changed the original rom with the hack of color and sprites 2.0 and it worked but the colors dont work, i tried to modify the .patch file of red but I dont find anything an the method of Original post dont work on that rom.

i downloaded an untouched u.s. pokemon red rom, i also downloaded the full color hack from romhacking.net and applied it to the rom with lunar ips, then i used Ultimate GBC VC Injector for 3DS 1.7, rename your rom file type from.gb to .gbc or it will not be detected, on the last settings page before making the cia there is an option to "use the new VC", check that and where it says add a .patch file check that and select the patch file you got from the original red vc, that's it.

FbWzHiw.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

does anyone know how can we take screenshots of virtual console games?, i tried with hans then screenshot tool but i only get the bottom image and instead of the top image i get the bottom image moved to the left

Last edited by lordkaos,
Reactions: apollocz and fmhugo

apollocz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i downloaded an untouched u.s. pokemon red rom, i also downloaded the full color hack from romhacking.net and applied it to the rom with lunar ips, then i used Ultimate GBC VC Injector for 3DS 1.7, rename your rom file type from.gb to .gbc or it will not be detected, on the last settings page before making the cia there is an option to "use the new VC", check that and where it says add a .patch file check that and select the patch file you got from the original red vc, that's it.

I do all that you told but im unlucky. The GBC VC injector get a error when I use the rom.gb renamed to rom.gbc. it tell me "this inst a gbc rom or its corrupted". When I open the rom.gbc on visualboy emulator it open without errors. I tryed 4 untoched roms from 4 diferent sites. Any new hint?

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try the "(usa, europe)" dump in english, i also converted metroid II and super mario land with color hacks and i haven't got any error messages, are you using the v1.7 version of the injector?.

Last edited by lordkaos,
Reactions: apollocz
D

Deleted User

The patch is no longer downloadable from MEGA. I really wanted this functionality added to my GSC virtual console, and now I'm sad that I can't get it. I found pre-compiled cias on *ahem* a certain website, but those were taken down too. Please reupload soon, op. :)

Scoreless Pine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As soon as the fan project Pokémon Prism will be released in December, I'll get my hands on it to patch it for wireless trading/battling.

So I can't help but realize Pokemon Prism has been leaked earlier today. Any chance you would be able to try and get a patch for that to work on the 3ds anytime soon?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9pwfLTaW8J8?si=FaKUzB-OBP92LnUD