Hacking [Release]NTR CFW 3.2 with experimental Real-Time Save feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redzero36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a possibility that you might come back after some time? I liked using NTR CFW for screenshots and the recent streaming features. I heard you are still making the streaming app so thank you for that. Thanks for everything so far.

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus Christ people. Chill. I have always been a proponent of open-source and free information but man... I would have done the same thing as cell9 seeing this just to spite you guys.
  1. cell9 created everything on his own. He can do whatever he wants. He could have chosen to charge money for it. He could have demanded that everyone who use it support the Nazi party. And that would have been unreasonable. Closed source? That's completely reasonable. You kids are spoiled by all these nice free open source projects. Remember the PSP? Remember how DaX/M33 was closed source? Remember Windows? Yeah, dark times. And you know how we responded to closed source? Not with harassment and denigration, but we would create our own open source version that was better.
  2. You deserve nothing. You don't deserve CFWs. You don't deserve to play games. You don't deserve a reason if that thing you use is discontinued. Yes, it's nice that we get free cfws. Yes, it's nice we have games to play. Yes, it would be cool if the author of the thing we use tells us why he doesn't want to work on it anymore. If you don't like the reason, fine. If you don't like the project, fine. If cell9 tells you that he's stopping NTR because the globins told him to, fine.
  3. Give the man a break. Here's a person, who, on his own time, wrote the ONLY CFW with real features that's not just sigpatching/bypassing stuff. He has a busy life. English is not his first language. He's dealing with a lot of stress and people keep asking him for things. Sure he might say things that you think is unreasonable, but instead of mocking him and giving him an even harder time, why not: remember all that he did for the community, treat him with respect, and if you don't have anything positive to say, then just shut up for a couple of days. Maybe he's dealing with troubles beyond what's on your dumb 3DS?

pkmz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant code, find exploits and barely able to understand the guides. Without these people we have no scene. Reason why certain people handles are so known because there is a lot more people like me.

Its terrible he makes a software with features like no other for free and does share. Why so much hate? I can cut yards i be damned if i cut someone yard for free, i can soldering extremely well, but still not going to hard mod someone 3ds or anything else for free.

I would charge to install a9hl for someone.

Im just being honest. You think about something you are extremely talented at and would you do it for these many people for free? Then asked to give up your work and open source it.. pfft. Got a lot of entitled people here. Its time to move on.

Go buy a a service to stream your 3ds or go get a gateway for cheat codes.

But that cost money that obviously these feature arent needed because none of them want to spend money.

Thank the guy/gal for the time they gave us and move on.

Thank you for ntr even though i still havent got the streaming to work. Sure its my fault and thank you for your time you gave for free. Enjoy your life and have a wonderful day.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry. I've gotta say something. It seems to me that the dev was looking for an out. In the end, it's HIS choice, and let it be known that I respect his decision. The reasoning behind it is kind of shallow. He doesn't need to explain why he quit doing what he did. To blame it on ONE person, though? One person he could have easily shut out here? Or just as easily let a mod/admin know what was going on? That's just sad.

I'm not in the wrong for typing this, either. It's on topic, and not hateful toward anyone or anything. I respect the work put in to NTR (which was ultimately leaked in the first place need I remind you). I just have no care or respect for the cop out.

It's HIS choice, and he's free to make it. Good on him.

Reactions: Xiphiidae and WeedZ

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Loader mods have already managed to take over regionfree and region emulation, all it's lacking is cheats and streaming.
Both of these are going to be challenging however, especially given all the RE that cell9 had to do for the 3ds wireless that hasn't been released.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So anyways what potential is there to remake NTR? Cheats are still valuable to me, and the ram related stuff is interesting too.

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
This was a great little tool but now that its gone is a shame just because of less than a handful of people, anyways I find deleting the source as much of a give up to blackmailers than not making it open source, just think about it the person harrassing you lost next to nothing yet you deleted your own hard work, but its your choice at the end of the day and thats just my opinion.

Anyways hope you make even better tools in the future for this scene.

Last edited by Treeko,

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are getting off-topic (as always). So her I propose a question:

How can we get End-Users to help in the creation of CellCfw? (Nice name right)?

Edit:
I have come to realize CellFW is much better of a name.

Last edited by Conn0r,

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys... GIVE IT A FUCKING REST! and grow the fuck up while you're at it... jeez.

If I was @cell9 I'd just tell you all ungrateful pricks to go to hell to be honest....

Yeah I'd like to see the inner workings of NTR myself but you don't see me screaming "GIVE SOURCE" do you? Just be thankful he actually released it to the public AT ALL in the first place.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Sorry @cell9 but I have to disagree with you on this one. Not releasing source or documentation is a terrible idea. All you're giving to the community is some blackbox sw (which I still don't trust for some reason) and your ego. Even "closed" and "elitist" groups like SALT and yellows8/smea document close to EVERYTHING they find. Yet, the only contribution I see from you is NTR (plus it's plugin system which is a complete PITA to dev for).

If you want the community to like you, document your stuff, you don't even need to release source. But at this point, all you're showing is that you're the kind of person who has IRL issues and can't handle them properly in here.
Sorry if you take offense in that too, but it's just my opinion.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing with Margen, but I'll just toss it aside. He's not involved in this because, as you said, you already planned to discontinue NTR.

EDIT: But hey, you're an adult (I guess), it's your decision what to do. However, if you want to remain in history do something for the community, otherwise you'll be buried when an open source alternative comes (like what happened with Devo). I'm also Anti-piracy (mostly) but at this point in time it's useless to fight against it.

Last edited by Wolfvak,

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Sorry @cell9 but I have to disagree with you on this one. Not releasing source or documentation is a terrible idea. All you're giving to the community is some blackbox sw (which I still don't trust for some reason) and your ego. Even "closed" and "elitist" groups like SALT and yellows8/smea document close to EVERYTHING they find. Yet, the only contribution I see from you is NTR (plus it's plugin system which is a complete PITA to dev for).

If you want the community to like you, document your stuff, you don't even need to release source. But at this point, all you're showing is that you're the kind of person who has IRL issues and can't handle them properly in here.
Sorry if you take offense in that too, but it's just my opinion.

I'm not sure how I feel about the whole thing with Margen, but I'll just toss it aside. He's not involved in this because, as you said, you already planned to discontinue NTR.

EDIT: But hey, you're an adult (I guess), it's your decision what to do. However, if you want to remain in history do something for the community, otherwise you'll be buried when an open source alternative comes (like what happened with Devo). I'm also Anti-piracy (mostly) but at this point in time it's useless to fight against it.

It is a reasonable idea, I will try to blog what I did when working on the new project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==