ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

Konekogirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
secXsQuared

Just got my hands on a US Hero Set DLC code, here are the egg files, and please, feel free to add the link to the tutorial

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

US Hero Set in egg format
I have all the dlc + pre-order, I also have the amiibo eggs for girl amiibo and the blonde hair girls I forget her name. I can make a brand new game and give you the save file if you wish? if you don't want to continue where I am.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I for one am pretty much done with Stories, but for anyone who's looking for DLC eggs and stuff, if you download the DLC through FreeShop it will also give you the amiibo stuff and pretty much all extras available at this time, save you the time. After you get what you want, feel free to extract it through the editor and share it here, that would make things easier for everyone.

ares9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I for one am pretty much done with Stories, but for anyone who's looking for DLC eggs and stuff, if you download the DLC through FreeShop it will also give you the amiibo stuff and pretty much all extras available at this time, save you the time. After you get what you want, feel free to extract it through the editor and share it here, that would make things easier for everyone.
I have been reading about the freeshop, but for America it doesn't even have the full MHS game, just the demo, it doesn't recognize my game either

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have all the dlc + pre-order, I also have the amiibo eggs for girl amiibo and the blonde hair girls I forget her name. I can make a brand new game and give you the save file if you wish? if you don't want to continue where I am.
What I'm missing is
- Riders Set (Zinogre (Ice), Tigrex (Fire), Nargacuga (Lightning) and Khezu (Water)),
I would like to have them in egg format

Konekogirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does your safe file happen to have all the monsties including the unreleased ones?
no mine is retail and I bought the amibos so no sorry mine was not hacked. I have still yet to hack it yet. :) The amiibos are really worth it if you like the figures they are the best amiibos ever made so far (I got them imported)

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have been reading about the freeshop, but for America it doesn't even have the full MHS game, just the demo, it doesn't recognize my game either
You should try refreshing the cache then, you need to update the list for it to show up, MH Stories has been on FreeShop since day 1 for me (EUR)!

no mine is retail and I bought the amibos so no sorry mine was not hacked. I have still yet to hack it yet. :) The amiibos are really worth it if you like the figures they are the best amiibos ever made so far (I got them imported)
Amiibos are just a scummy cashgrab by Nintendo, even scummier that SSB4, where you pay a crazy amount of money (anywhere from 10€ to even a hundred depending on rarity) for a figurine that costs hardly 1€ that contains a SIC that costs around 12 cents to produce, only to use it one or two times then shove it in a box never to be seen again! If you want the figurines, just buy them or 3D print them for the equivalent of 5 cents of materials:P

Reyth

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im pretty new with this stuff so im probably doing something wrong when i download but i keep getting a error o application start up. im running on win 8 and i have the latest net framework thing installed. any ideas? do I need more then the zip file?

Seacrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hello, I have a problem with MHST, when I clone some mosties to farm gens and fuse them, the counter of how many monsties can have got negative and so I can not hatch new monsties

ares9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should try refreshing the cache then, you need to update the list for it to show up, MH Stories has been on FreeShop since day 1 for me (EUR)!

- Running Freeshop version 3.1.7 (up to date)
- Refreshed lastet cache

Still no MHS on USA freeshop, still no MHS on my installed games list on freeshop

Konekogirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Amiibos are just a scummy cashgrab by Nintendo, even scummier that SSB4, where you pay a crazy amount of money (anywhere from 10€ to even a hundred depending on rarity) for a figurine that costs hardly 1€ that contains a SIC that costs around 12 cents to produce, only to use it one or two times then shove it in a box never to be seen again! If you want the figurines, just buy them or 3D print them for the equivalent of 5 cents of materials:P
That is your oppinion but I will say if your into collecting figures the monster hunter story ones are the best design and their 3 times bigger than the others for the same price so. I adore them, and the monsties they give you are really good. I am just trying to figure out how to open up all the slots to put genes in. I will figure out all that at some point :)

ares9090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's the Rider Set eggs.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

That is your oppinion but I will say if your into collecting figures the monster hunter story ones are the best design and their 3 times bigger than the others for the same price so. I adore them, and the monsties they give you are really good. I am just trying to figure out how to open up all the slots to put genes in. I will figure out all that at some point :)

Konekogirl, he is right, Amiibos are just a scummy cashgrab by Nintendo, but, you are right too, MHS amiibos look beautiful too, in the end to each their own, you can hate amiibo or you can love them and nobody should get mad at you because of whatever you like.

To open more slots on a monstie you need STIMS, there are genus specific stims and there's universal Stim too, they are found at random in chests at the Labyrinth of Ordeals or they are fixed in chest from floor 31th and on at the Tower of Illusion, being the Universal Stim found in the 50th floor the chest everytime you clear that floor, have a happy riding

Last edited by ares9090,
Reactions: Konekogirl

Konekogirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

Konekogirl, he is right, Amiibos are just a scummy cashgrab by Nintendo, but, you are right too, MHS amiibos look beautiful too, in the end to each their own, you can hate amiibo or you can love them and nobody should get mad at you because of whatever you like.

To open more slots on a monstie you need STIMS, there are genus specific stims and there's universal Stim too, they are found at random in chests at the Labyrinth of Ordeals or they are fixed in chest from floor 31th and on at the Tower of Illusion, being the Universal Stim found in the 50th floor the chest everytime you clear that floor, have a happy riding

Exactly :)

Last edited by Konekogirl,

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
- Running Freeshop version 3.1.7 (up to date)
- Refreshed lastet cache

Still no MHS on USA freeshop, still no MHS on my installed games list on freeshop
Just checked, weirdly, you are right... I'm in Europe and it has mine. Did you use the titlekeys.bin from your console or from the database? If you use the one from your console it might show up...

I didn't say that amiibos aren't nice figurines, but compared to some others they are hardly average. However, the MH figurines have always been especially pretty. They still cost 30€ where I am though, so still a cashgrab... Still, to each their own. Since I had a 3d printer lying around I made a ripoff of the one with the male character and ratha, came out fairly good, was too lazy to make the models better.:P

As for the stims, instead of bothering too much, just save edit the slots open or edit in max stims to make things easy!

Reactions: ares9090

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey guys trying to use the save editor but having a hard time installing it can anyone help thanks
What do you mean installing it? You download the editor and run it, no installation needed or anything!

Zalexard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Did you also have trouble installing the DLC? Mine for some reason kept saying that it couldn't be installed for some reason, but I kept trying and trying, and after a while it said that it had installed. Unfortunately, I think it might have not anyway because it never showed me any eggs. Not that it was an issue, since I could get all that from the eggs posted here anyway lol.

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this is weird. Every time I try to launch the program, it gives me a "has stopped working" message... It worked before... I even went and redownloaded it to see if I had the latest version, and it's not working...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think