[Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by secXsQuared, Oct 19, 2016.

1. jirojiro

jirojiro Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2017
    Philippines
    Hi! So i imported your elite 5 in my save file, changed UID and lowered the IVs (to make it not super overpowered) It was working great until I noticed that the 5 are not gaining experience pts! I changed their levels to level50

2. ThoD

ThoD GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    That's because you need to also change the experience value, not just the level! What changing the level does is just that it changes what level is displayed in-game, NOT what level they actually are for stat calculation. Raise the experience really high for example without raising the level and it will jump to the appropriate level when it gains experience (do NOT use experience food for this since the levels go up painfully slow with those, just kill something instead). With what you did, the monsters are 50, with the stats they had at the level they were imported and until they gain enough experience to reach level 50 it will say they don't get any experience, but they do, level value doesn't go up because the experience counter needs to catch up to the level you changed them to. You could just hit the "max exp" value, then change the exp value to about 40% of that and it should be around lv50 or 60... Also, I think the elite 5 already had good IVs, not broken ones, but you do you.

3. jirojiro

jirojiro Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2017
    Philippines
    Yeah figured it out (I didnt change the exp because i read somewhere in this thread that it adjust automatically after gaining exp). And yeah i find them super strong cause even with 10 IVs, I one hit almost every enemy opponent in Online battle so i adjust a little bit more

4. dendoh

dendoh Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2016
    Italy
    one question: dragon aura stack with other passive skill, such all-elem res?

5. RadtheZERO

RadtheZERO Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2011
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Not directly, nope. They are individually calculated then combined, not combined then multiplied.

6. Absunine

Absunine Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    Do we have anything showing how IV's work in this game? I'm curious and i don't feel like breaking stats.
    [This has already happened once. IE: a Nargacuga with with 65k defense.]

7. ThoD

ThoD GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Are you sure it was 65K? I'm pretty sure stats cap at 9999 with HP capping at 999... What values did you use? For narga the most defense I've gotten is around 4900 with 255 in IVs. As for how they work, looking from a couple tests incrementing IVs in the same more for about a dozen values, it would seem that it's roughly 1% of original stat per IV point, but it could just be a coincidence considering I only did values 0-15 and how with 255 you get things like 9500 def Gold Rathian. This really needs some research, if we know the formula we can find the actual optimal IVs.

8. secXsQuared
    OP

secXsQuared GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2015
    Canada
    Ever studied geography mate?
    I have done some research for the JPN version. Hmmm the only thing I know right now is written in the tutorial - they are not linear. More specifically, there is one or more different "turning points" for individual stats of different monsters where the stat "jumps" to something ridiculous. But between turning points, the stats increase linearly ( 1 point for +3 HP, +2 Def, +1 Atk).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Dragon aura stacks with X boost (X= fire/ice/....) and X scale.

Crimson Gene isn't really fatalis gene. Fatalis gene is in the middle of the list somewhere.

9. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Shame that Kumamon doesn't exist on US/EU ver.

10. Absunine

Absunine Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    Oh i'm sure it is, I can actually show an image if you'd like to see it~
    I did keep it after all, since i don't do pvp against people.

11. secXsQuared
    OP

Dec 22, 2015
    Canada
    Copyright. U never got to have as many DLC gears as G.

12. dendoh

dendoh Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2016
    Italy
    all status rate+ affect skillseal?

13. Rodimus

Rodimus Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2012
    United States
    Here are two special eggs that I've exported, for those who want more than one copy of the eggs for different builds.
    The Great Poogie(Rarity 9) and Epona(Rarity 2).
    ------------------
    Screenshots are from the JP version but the eggs are from the NA version.

------------------
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Enjoy!:lol:

Attached Files:

ares9090 and secXsQuared like this.
  14. Venanng

Venanng Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2017
    Mexico
    Someone can give the heavy egg of seregios please?
    Or some segios ice type. pls

15. dendoh

dendoh Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2016
    Italy
    Sorry, i have another questions:
    - all element up stack with X scale and dragon aura?
    - all status rate+ stack with X status rate+?

16. ares9090

ares9090 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    Thank you, I need to do some more testing but I don't really want to

I edited mana_ran's spreadsheet with proper english names for everything (for personal use, just wanted to share it)
    - added a column for skill effects
    - added a column listing which monsties come with each gene
    - fixed Goukami Gene origin, it is not Fatalis Gene, it's a gene from a future DLC monstie called Kurenai Goukami
    - filled with blue color genes that can't be found on any monstie and have no description or skill in the game but they still work, or unreleased genes
    - left yellow colored original notes by mana_ran

Proper English names, skill effects and gens on monsties taken form Kiranico.com with the exception of The Great Poogie's, Kiranico lists Draconic Gene (L) as the gene it hatches with when in reality it hatches with Great Poogie Gene

These genes can not be channeled, putting them on a monstie from where they come is illegal, if you still want to use them on mosties which can not have them please play clean and don't use them online
    - Goukami Gene (from Kurenai Goukami)
    - Epona Gene (From Epona)
    - Great Poogie Gene (From The Great Poogie)

Attached Files:

Last edited by ares9090, Sep 29, 2017
    secXsQuared likes this.
  17. secXsQuared
    OP

Dec 22, 2015
    Canada
    1. All elemental up does not stack with those. X elemental up provides a larger boost than all elemental up. So if you want max X element you want to get - X scale, X attack up L, dragon aura, and quick X (optional since it only boosts the dmg for the first 3 turns). And as much raw dmg (atk up L, peak performance, etc.) since elemental dmg is also tied to raw dmg.

2. No

Thank you very much! Great work!! May I link this to the tutorial?

Will link in the tutorial!

18. ares9090

ares9090 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2009
    Yes, be my guest

19. dendoh

dendoh Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2016
    Italy
    Order cost down and kinship soul on both monster and character stack?

20. arunakiri495

arunakiri495 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2017
    Czech Republic
    Could somebody make a videotutoria on what is neccesary to be able to import save data and how to edit it please? I'm not good with numbers nor pc stuff and i don't want to mess up accidentaly. I would really appreaciate it.