ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

Krapadorr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its literally cheating by artificially altering values in your device's RAM. It won't help on a speed-run as you'll get thrown out/disqualified. For coordinates, its usually 3 float values that contain X, Y, and Z coordinates (there are often multiple copies throughout memory, but only one will override your current location to 'teleport'). As for door warps, its usually a 2-4 byte address that contains the next map ID to load. If you lock the value to a specific number, you'll always load the specified map no matter what door/cave you enter - though there are limits to what works in a playable fashion.

In any case, there's literally zero point in warping to Zalam early as nothing spawns and the story is disabled. RAM editing on 3DS is also immensely easier than doing so on a phone (even emulated due to how screwy the emulated memory works when trying to edit it externally).
Not using it in a speedrun for sure XD. Just out of curiosity and explorer spirit. Thank you. Your description helped me a lot :)

I hope I can figure out everything since this is my first time hacking. There is a detailed tutorial on thread page 1, so everything should work out

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
=======================================
9/11/2017

Ver 1.21 UPDATE

• Added "Equipped" flag for weapons and armors.
  • All tables are now sortable.
  • Added export/import egg feature.
  • Egg/monster export and import now support cross-version transfers (USA->JPN, JPN->USA).
Tutorial updated monster skill ID list, SnS ID list, Armor ID list. Credit: TKT.

Seriously, PLEASE read the tutorial. It's not just "how to use the software".
=======================================
MHSEC-G (Monster Hunter Stories Editor Crappy - GUI) is an upgrade to my previously-released, commandline-based editor MHSEC.

Features:
- Character editing
- Monster editing
- Egg / Egg fragment editing.
- Item editing.
- Talisman / Weapon / Armor editing.

Tutorial:
Game mechanics, Monster Species IDs, Gene IDs, Talisman Skill IDs, etc...

Source code (C#):
https://github.com/secXsQuared/MHSEC-G

Release (Download):
https://github.com/secXsQuared/MHSEC-G/releases

Important Notes for running the editor:
1. .NET 4.0 is required.
2. The program will auto-save after every change. Therefore you don't really have to click "save" until the very end when you finish editing everything.
3. Please report any bugs.

Acknowledgement:
Everyone in this thread, especially mana_ran for gene translation. (credited in the tutorial).
Discussion thread in bbs.duowan.com (credited in the tutorial).

The tutorial page can't be found. Can you fix the link? The save editor looks alright, but it's almost impossible to use without the tutorial.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, thank you, I never get to see those anti pirate things 😭 hmmm I'm a terrible pirate lol +1