ROM Hack [release] MHX Quest Editor

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, was the title unusually long? Either way, you should be able to fix that (without having to restore a backup) by just doing regular quests until the problem title gets pushed off your hunter's log.

Yeah, one was atleast over 26+ characters, the other one was
19 characters exact (in english)

I didnt count the characters i used in japanese, so idk about those.

also, for "Monster Carve Levels":
1 = Low Rank
2 = High Rank
3 = Marathon Quest (gives stuff like First-Aid Med on carves and shinies)

to make a monster with a Ferocious Modifier (glowing body parts)
set "Boss Monster X Aura Type" to 1.

Last edited by jscjml,
Reactions: satpler

satpler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also watch out on certain things in the quests, I had an english titled quest and after completing it my game would lock up every time i tried opening my Guild Card, thank god i make alot of backups. Just letting you guys know.
The same thing happened when trying to make a quest name that was particularly long, even in Katakana etc. It worked fine using "Ibento" in Katakana or small words, maybe theres a character limit. I would just leave the names default until we figure it all out.

edit: Do note that i was only editing "Title" in the quest for these situations. I never touched "Unknown" the box above it. Some of those titles come things like "Women's Regional Finals: Gore Magala" so maybe those are hidden titles for if the quests are used in MH Tournaments in Japan.
It's like if there's a letter which can't type with ingame chat keyboard (ex: '-', '~'), game would lock up when you try opening guild card.

Reactions: jscjml

Zeku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello hunters,
I've created my first CQ in MHX yesterday, and it worked, but it seems, that there are a few issues in the quest editing. Don't know if someone can help me with my problem.

I tried to change the Uragaan DLC to a Ember Dinovaldo DLC Quest. Changed nothing exept the Reward and put Ember Dinovaldo insteed of Uragaan.
- If I leave the setting at the original settings, the 10 Ember Dinovaldo will spawn, but if I kill all of them the Paw Pass Ticket never delivered to the supplybox, I change the Conditions only from Uragaan to Ember Dinovaldo.

- If I decide to make it a Marathon Quest insteed of Hunt-A-Thon quest, I can kill the 10 Dinovaldos to, but the quest never ends, when I kill the last Dinovaldo

- If I decide to change it to a normal Hunting or Slaying quest, the Dinovaldo will never spawn a second time and so the quest can't finished.

- Afterwarts if I decide to kill 1 Ember Dinovaldo insteed of 10 the quest counts the kill, but will never end.

My second problem, I had in all cases:

I created a Alatreon quest from the Remobra DLC. The Quest worked fine, the Alatreon spawn in the Ingle island and I can kill him, the quest ends, but...

-I get the normal reward (Remobra stuff) in reward line A, but I changed it, so it shouldn't happen.

-The reward line B will be my reward and the subquest reward too, but never reward line A changed to my rewards. How to fix that issuse?
This happen in every custom quest I created. At the Ember Dinovaldo Quest the Subquest reward don't change to my rewards. (Changed every single reward, thats all)

Zeku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It seems, I've solved the problem with the Ember Dinovaldo DLC.

Used in the second time the DLC Quest with Kechawacha, Blangonga and Rajang, because there are multiple monster in that quest.

Now I've created a quest with Ferocious Lagiacrus and Tamamitsune at the same time, than a White Gale Nargacuga will spawn, after the Nargacuga is dead, an Ember Blade Dinovaldo will spawn and at least the Amatsumagatsuchi spawn. I've wondering that the Amatsumagatsuchi can spawn in the Dragon Graveyard. He will turn the Area into a wonderfull blue light, when he goes into phase 2 like the hydra does, when it is outrage lol.
The Quest works, all 5 Monster spawn and if i slayed the Amatsu the quest was clear.

Some notes:
-To make a monster spawn into the quest you have to change the Boss spawn number when you edit the bosses (you can get the ID of your boss when you look into the Quest data page and count up to your Boss Name)
Important: The field "none" has to be count at 1 not 0 the first boss monster has the ID 2
-Hardcore variant Monster will crash the game if you try to make it to an Ferocious Monster
-If you add Bosses to the quest (mine include 5 bosses, not 3 as the original quest) you have to add an 6. monster line with nothing in it.

In the pictures you can see which IDs I mean and where you find your Monster ID

If you don't change the original ID, the monster will never spawn in the quest

ho7kfagk.png

fjjqynj4.png

satpler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems, I've solved the problem with the Ember Dinovaldo DLC.

Used in the second time the DLC Quest with Kechawacha, Blangonga and Rajang, because there are multiple monster in that quest.

Now I've created a quest with Ferocious Lagiacrus and Tamamitsune at the same time, than a White Gale Nargacuga will spawn, after the Nargacuga is dead, an Ember Blade Dinovaldo will spawn and at least the Amatsumagatsuchi spawn. I've wondering that the Amatsumagatsuchi can spawn in the Dragon Graveyard. He will turn the Area into a wonderfull blue light, when he goes into phase 2 like the hydra does, when it is outrage lol.
The Quest works, all 5 Monster spawn and if i slayed the Amatsu the quest was clear.

Some notes:
-To make a monster spawn into the quest you have to change the Boss spawn number when you edit the bosses (you can get the ID of your boss when you look into the Quest data page and count up to your Boss Name)
Important: The field "none" has to be count at 1 not 0 the first boss monster has the ID 2
-Hardcore variant Monster will crash the game if you try to make it to an Ferocious Monster
-If you add Bosses to the quest (mine include 5 bosses, not 3 as the original quest) you have to add an 6. monster line with nothing in it.

In the pictures you can see which IDs I mean and where you find your Monster ID

If you don't change the original ID, the monster will never spawn in the quest

ho7kfagk.png

fjjqynj4.png
you don't need to count boss's number. Just setting different name is enough.

Zeku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is there a way to chance the scale of small monsters?
Would like to make a quest with tiny Kelbis or something like that

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to chance the scale of small monsters?
Would like to make a quest with tiny Kelbis or something like that
I wasn't able to figure out the format for the small monsters when looking through the game's code. That's why they just show up as a hex string when editing the "rEmSetList" type files. Some part of that should be the monster's scale, but someone will have to figure out which part.

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was 1.2 updates few hours ago, and it's like that custom quests are blocked now.
I just tested it and custom quests seem to work fine still. You just need to use my quest importer tool for now instead of proxying.

Edit: I also added the new key to mhef and updated the "get_mhx_key.py" script to work with the 1.2 update.

Last edited by moghedien,
Reactions: Lyomak and Jan Tan

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got an issue with the patch: Sometimes, if I try to enter the DLC-Shop, it boots me out, if I choose to load a quest.

You think there is some kind of connection?

Also, it doesn't display the quests I edited in the gathering hall.

Edit: I just read the edit: So we have to export the quests again, then edit them from scratch and then do the rest like usual?

Last edited by Coffee Prosecutor,

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an issue with the patch: Sometimes, if I try to enter the DLC-Shop, it boots me out, if I choose to load a quest.

You think there is some kind of connection?

Also, it doesn't display the quests I edited in the gathering hall.

Edit: I just read the edit: So we have to export the quests again, then edit them from scratch and then do the rest like usual?
I haven't been able to reproduce the problem so I'm not exactly sure. Can you PM me one of the quests that's causing you issues?

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am afraid, I deleted them.

I'll try what I posted and will report back.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No dice.

The Quest wont appear.
Did you release a new HB of the importer?

satpler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just made 3 CQ from q1010002(edit reward, name, main object), and first one doesn't work. I will test more and note here.
-----------------------------------------------------
edit :
change item's count : failed(succeeded)
change item's type : succeeded
change item's chance : succeeded

I changed count 1 to 5, 11 and they worked. Maybe there's limit of count?

Last edited by satpler,

satpler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't test it. I'll test it later
----------------------------------
edit :
change 4 supply items : failed
change 1 to map : succeeded
change 10 reward items to charm : succeeded