ROM Hack [release] MHX Quest Editor

Candy324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What web browser are you using?

Chrome. the thing is. i used the tool for a good amount of time, it just started happening yesterday and i'ven't done anything else than play monster hunter.

and internet explore which i tried afterwards does not read the files i browse/upload to the website. and the save button doesn't do anything eihter

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrome. the thing is. i used the tool for a good amount of time, it just started happening yesterday and i'ven't done anything else than play monster hunter.

and internet explore which i tried afterwards does not read the files i browse/upload to the website. and the save button doesn't do anything eihter
Has there been an update to Chrome or Windows since it last worked? I just tested it in Firefox and Chromium on Linux and it works fine.... so maybe try Firefox?
Also, never use Internet Explorer, for this or anything... it's a virus.

Candy324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has there been an update to Chrome or Windows since it last worked? I just tested it in Firefox and Chromium on Linux and it works fine.... so maybe try Firefox?
Also, never use Internet Explorer, for this or anything... it's a virus.

i normally never use ie, wanted just to try it hehe. hmm will install firefox later.

Justin185619

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi!
I have 2 Questions:
1.Can I change the quest aim in the online editor without dissapearing when I import?
and does anyone know the HR point limit?:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lol meant disappearing:D

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
I have 2 Questions:
1.Can I change the quest aim in the online editor without dissapearing when I import?
and does anyone know the HR point limit?:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lol meant disappearing:D
What exactly are you trying to change in the quest?

Justin185619

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I try to change the aim.
1 Lowrank quest says you have to deliver 3 wyvern eggs and I tried to change that you have to deliver 3 potions:D

Candy324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I try to change the aim.
1 Lowrank quest says you have to deliver 3 wyvern eggs and I tried to change that you have to deliver 3 potions:D

did you touch the rewards? Cuz i did the same and the quest works for me.

if you alter the rewards. as stated on 1st page.. the quests will be invalid. As my "potion" did work, you proly did something wrong.

also there are more than only 1 field you need to edit.

Justin185619

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
did you touch the rewards? Cuz i did the same and the quest works for me.

if you alter the rewards. as stated on 1st page.. the quests will be invalid. As my "potion" did work, you proly did something wrong.

also there are more than only 1 field you need to edit.

OMG thanks a lot!
I tried it again without changing only the aim and it worked:D

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*edit* So is there no way to trigger Monsters 3-5 to spawn like 1 and 2 being set to a specific triigger? Like "hunt" or "timed"???

Getting a 3rd or 4th monster to spawn while starting with 2 is seemingly impossible

Last edited by Phemeto,

Shuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I messed up something unknown and now everytime i try to see the dlc quests the game crashes.
I think it's because i took an id that doesn't correspond to a dlc quest.
I imported an older backup and doesn't crash, but it is dated one week ago.
Is there a way to dump the dlc from the "safe" save into the "wrong" save?

Last edited by Shuu,

Candy324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I messed up something unknown and now everytime i try to see the dlc quests the game crashes.
I imported an older backup and doesn't crash, but it is dated one week ago.
Is there a way to dump the dlc from the "safe" save into the "wrong" save?

ehm... you import dlc's via homebrew right? Then just delete them with the same homebrew tool and your game should be fine.

next thing you can do is import few dlc's and see if it crashes or not, repeat until you can spot which one fucks you up.

keep in mind, messing with homebrew and i ts modifications is all about trials and errors until you fully understand everything. so expect it to be time consuming but rewarding at the same time.

Shuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ehm... you import dlc's via homebrew right? Then just delete them with the same homebrew tool and your game should be fine.

next thing you can do is import few dlc's and see if it crashes or not, repeat until you can spot which one fucks you up.

keep in mind, messing with homebrew and i ts modifications is all about trials and errors until you fully understand everything. so expect it to be time consuming but rewarding at the same time.
I may be dumb, but how do i delete them with the homebrew tool (MHX Data Manager)?

ketg

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, im trying to create an arena map that spawn random monster, e.g. first time u enter its a zingore, the nxt time you try the quest is a jho. I tried add afew sem\emmain but its doesnt seems to work. Would be glad if you can provide some advice or if its possible!

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, im trying to create an arena map that spawn random monster, e.g. first time u enter its a zingore, the nxt time you try the quest is a jho. I tried add afew sem\emmain but its doesnt seems to work. Would be glad if you can provide some advice or if its possible!
I responded to your issue on github:
I would try leaving the boss monster 1 and 2 empty and setting boss monsters 3-5. There are "intruder" options in the `rQuestData` file type that lets you give those bosses a random chance of spawning. You'll also probably want to set the main objective to "Hunt All Large Monsters"

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone find the ID's or values to change variants to be their level 6+ versions so they have the extra move sets?

Priam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello, I've been using your Custom Quest editor for months now and thought I knew my way around it pretty well. However, now I'm having trouble spawning a 5th monster in quests (i.e. a hunt-a-thon quest with 5 different monsters). When I plug in my quest template, it works for anything with 4 monsters and under, but as soon as I add a fifth monster it just doesn't appear and the game acts as if it's a 4 monster hunt-a-thon anyways. Why does the game ignore the 5th monster? How can I make it so I can make a quest with 5 monsters? Thank you for your help and thank you for the amazing tool!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: she was an apple appstore girl he was an uptodown boy