Country
United States

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a Hellblade would look like b_m01em080_01? 80 Being Dinovaldo, and_01 is the subspecies marker? or what am I missing here?
No subspecies. It would just be "b_m01em080_00"
Also keep in mind that the "m01" part is the map ID, which you can also see in the source file I linked.

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No subspecies. It would just be "b_m01em080_00"
Also keep in mind that the "m01" part is the map ID, which you can also see in the source file I linked.

Prompt as usual, thanks mate. Turns out i'm just a retard per the norm. I had forgotten to change the Glavenus tag to Hellblade Glavenus. I had kept it on Glavenus with subspecies set to 1 thinking it would shift itself.

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay I've got the hang of it. I have several working CQ's with fun stuff in them. The last question I have for now, is regarding Variants still. How can I add the leveled variants? (Like Dreadqueen 6+ does toxic poison stuff, and Nargacuga does the double tail slam, etc). I've tried adjusting the difficulty but that doesn't seem to help. Does anyone know?

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay I've got the hang of it. I have several working CQ's with fun stuff in them. The last question I have for now, is regarding Variants still. How can I add the leveled variants? (Like Dreadqueen 6+ does toxic poison stuff, and Nargacuga does the double tail slam, etc). I've tried adjusting the difficulty but that doesn't seem to help. Does anyone know?
Not sure, but you could dump the game's romfs and see how they do it in the actual special permit quests.

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Question: Is it legit, to edit a converted jpn-quest (which got turned into a eur-quest)?

Or are there other (obvious) dos and donts?

infernox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Is it legit, to edit a converted jpn-quest (which got turned into a eur-quest)?

Or are there other (obvious) dos and donts?
Yes, it's fine to edit converted quests, just make sure to use the MHGen editor. And there are some restrictions on what you can change in the quests. I'm not exactly sure what the restrictions are, but for instance you can't put 99 timeworn charms on the supply box. That's a restriction the game has in place to block cheating. In general you can do things like change the monsters and stuff, but giving yourself free items is usually blocked.

Thanks sorry for the late message I have finally done it on how to convert quest from MHX to MHG. BTW in your custom editor I just notice the BGM, Will it change the music when we fight a monster when it overwrites it's music? Or that just right there in the custom editor?
I'm not quite sure what the BGM option does, that's just what it was labeled in the game's code. Best to just test it out and see what it does :)
Basically any setting that has a "?" next to it, is a setting where I'm not exactly sure what it does.

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Because they are official, content, which we "borrowed" and edited to our liking, without asking for permission.

Is there no way, to remove the item-limitations? Also, the rewards are kinda janky, since some stuff works and stome randomly doesn't.

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because they are official, content, which we "borrowed" and edited to our liking, without asking for permission.

Is there no way, to remove the item-limitations? Also, the rewards are kinda janky, since some stuff works and stome randomly doesn't.
Capcom added those restrictions to prevent cheating. I haven't been able to find in the game's code yet where the checks are made so I'm not sure what all the restrictions are or if there's a way around them.

You wont find it here, since that would be illegal.
It should be fine to post custom quests if you use the "New" button and make one from scratch. You just can't post the official DLC (or modified versions of them).

Candy324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when i try to press save i get a pop up asking me "what do you want to do with thise file" "open windows app store" etc... can't download it for some reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.