ROM Hack [release] MHX Data Manager

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah that was a typo on my end. My exact thing being typed out is "python convert_quest.py C:\jpn\q1010003.arc C:\jpn\eng\q1010003.arc"
The error message is "The filename, directory name, or volume lable syntax is incorrect."
Are you sure you have created the "eng" output dir?

Maybe try this batch script I used, it works fine for me. Just place it in the folder where all your quests are.

mkdir Converted
for %%f IN (*.arc) DO convert_quest.py %%f Converted\%%f
pause

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New release :)
It adds support for getting the DLC encryption keys for all regions (even if you don't have any of the games).
Also note that the location of the save backup files has changed.

Aazhy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if i did something wrong but when i want to export Quests from MHGen (EU) it says "Error: Unable to open extdata". Is there a solution?

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if i did something wrong but when i want to export Quests from MHGen (EU) it says "Error: Unable to open extdata". Is there a solution?
Hmm, that should only happen if you don't have a save file. Are you sure you're not using the USA version? They're essentially identical other then the title ID.

Zeku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

I'm really interessted in making custom quests for Monster Hunter Generations (EU-Version)

I've create a lot of custom quests for MHX via the Browser editor.

A tried a few times to import the quests in the EU Version I created when I played MHX, but I don't have any access to homebrew anymore (I'm on version 11.0.0.33)

Is it possible to import the quest without having homebrew?

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm really interessted in making custom quests for Monster Hunter Generations (EU-Version)

I've create a lot of custom quests for MHX via the Browser editor.

A tried a few times to import the quests in the EU Version I created when I played MHX, but I don't have any access to homebrew anymore (I'm on version 11.0.0.33)

Is it possible to import the quest without having homebrew?
Nope, you need homebrew... but I guess you missed the news? Browserhax and menuhax work with 11.0.0-33 now :)

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I too have the same issue, I have both MHX and MHG EU installed, and both come up as Unable to open Extdata

Aazhy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmm, that should only happen if you don't have a save file. Are you sure you're not using the USA version? They're essentially identical other then the title ID.
No i'm sure that i'm using EU version with the ID 0000185b and i tried to extract (US) too just in case but it didn't work aswell.

Zeku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Damn, thank you!
I've created perfectly the first Custom Quest for MHGen, but I can't proof if it's working, because I edited the Remobra Quest and forget about the fact that I have to be High Rank for it, but the game doesn't freeze and I'm sure that the quest is working. I'll post the result, when I#m finished the urgent quest!

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have the same issue, I have both MHX and MHG EU installed, and both come up as Unable to open Extdata
No i'm sure that i'm using EU version with the ID 0000185b and i tried to extract (US) too just in case but it didn't work aswell.
What homebrew entry point are you guys using? Also which version of MHX Data Manager?

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What homebrew entry point are you guys using? Also which version of MHX Data Manager?

I have Menuhax into ctrlbootmanager, I select the MHX data Mangager.3dsx and it loads up just fine. Currently on 2.0.0 But i Tried 1.2.3 as well.

Zeku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Use browserhax, works perfectly and the MHX Data Manager from page 3 I think, the actually one o:

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Menuhax into ctrlbootmanager, I select the MHX data Mangager.3dsx and it loads up just fine. Currently on 2.0.0 But i Tried 1.2.3 as well.
So are you running it directly from your boot manager? If so, can you try it with the homebrew launcher?

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does browser hax even work on 11.xx? I thought that was long gone. Or are you saying get into homebrew via system nand browserhax? because I don't think it should matter which way I get into it, as long as it gets into it.

Also both MHX and MHG are CIA installed if that matters, its not cartridge. I know all the save data is on the SD card, but *shrugs*

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So are you running it directly from your boot manager? If so, can you try it with the homebrew launcher?

Homebrew Launcher cia stopped working when i updated to 11.xx, I'll see if theres an update.

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does browser hax even work on 11.xx? I thought that was long gone. Or are you saying get into homebrew via system nand browserhax? because I don't think it should matter which way I get into it, as long as it gets into it.

Also both MHX and MHG are CIA installed if that matters, its not cartridge. I know all the save data is on the SD card, but *shrugs*

Homebrew Launcher cia stopped working when i updated to 11.xx, I'll see if theres an update.
Yes, browserhax works on 11.0.0-3 now and yeah there's a new version of the hblauncher CIA too.
And if you're using emuNAND, you need to make sure you run homebrew launcher/mhx data manager in emuNAND. If you do it though menuhax or a boot manager it's going to be looking at your sysNAND saves.

It worked by booting rxtools with ctrlbootmanager then i launched HB launcher from a cia shortcut.
Yeah, I think that was your problem, it was running in sysNAND so it couldn't find your save file. If you're using emaNAND you need to go there first and start homebrew launcher from there.

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, browserhax works on 11.0.0-3 now and yeah there's a new version of the hblauncher CIA too.
And if you're using emuNAND, you need to make sure you run homebrew launcher/mhx data manager in emuNAND. If you do it though menuhax or a boot manager it's going to be looking at your sysNAND saves.

Yeah, I think that was your problem, it was running in sysNAND so it couldn't find your save file. If you're using emaNAND you need to go there first and start homebrew launcher from there.

Thanks for the info, seems rather obvious now...

Of course, per the norm for me, there is ALWAYS something else wrong. As the HBL.cia for 11.xx gets hung up on a black screen post launch, and the webhax does the same. So now I have to figure out why that is...

*Edit* OF COURSE there is always something. So I get Homebrew Launcher to go off of emu, and the MHX Data Manager just locks at an orange screen on the bottom...*sigh*...is always me

Last edited by Phemeto,

Zeku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
l4f3ympd.png

I've found the issue with the Quest Editor.

I can't edit those gaps, so the quest never spawn. There have to be 5 Messages File type Lines exept of one

In Boss 1 File has to be the first boss, not a rGUIMessage Typ. So the Quest can't work

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info, seems rather obvious now...

Of course, per the norm for me, there is ALWAYS something else wrong. As the HBL.cia for 11.xx gets hung up on a black screen post launch, and the webhax does the same. So now I have to figure out why that is...

*Edit* OF COURSE there is always something. So I get Homebrew Launcher to go off of emu, and the MHX Data Manager just locks at an orange screen on the bottom...*sigh*...is always me
Try deleting the "mhx_data_manager.xml" file and let me know if that stops it from locking on the orange screen. That XML file is only needed for the new "Get Encryption Keys" option (which you probably wont need).

I've found the issue with the Quest Editor.

I can't edit those gaps, so the quest never spawn. There have to be 5 Messages File type Lines exept of one

In Boss 1 File has to be the first boss, not a rGUIMessage Typ. So the Quest can't work
Yeah, my browser editor only works with MHX quests right now. The format has changed slightly with MHGen but I have a Python script for converting MHX quests to MHGen, there's a link and instructions for it in the first post.

Zeku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well I see, I don't have python for my pc.
Is there a way in the future to edit MH Gen Quests directly without to have convert? Or a programm to covert MHX to MHGen files without Python?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?