ROM Hack [release] MHX Data Manager

HYC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Anyone can make and show the complete video , how to install the mhx data manager and run it ?
because on my side , i am always stuck in color screen.
i am just worry is it my wrongly do the steps. Thanks a lot.

My N3ds is version 11.0.0-33J, paste the mhx data manager in my 3ds folder.
And using HBL 1.1.1 ver to open it, is it my step correct ? :cry: need more help

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone can make and show the complete video , how to install the mhx data manager and run it ?
because on my side , i am always stuck in color screen.
i am just worry is it my wrongly do the steps. Thanks a lot.

My N3ds is version 11.0.0-33J, paste the mhx data manager in my 3ds folder.
And using HBL 1.1.1 ver to open it, is it my step correct ? :cry: need more help
You are using it correctly, getting stuck on the color screen is a bug. I'm sorry it's hard for me to figure out a fix because I don't have the issue on my system.
Can you please try this XML file in place of the "mhx_data_manager.xml" that comes with it: http://pastebin.com/wMktHDrc
This is different then the one I gave you in the other thread. Make sure you have the game inserted when you run it.

HYC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I just try your new XML code, also same have stuck, but after i delete the XML file in the MHX Data Manager folder.
It's worked!! Export Quests, Backup Save all is ok, But just only can't run the get encryption keys option..............actually i really need to get the key
IMG_20160811_WA0003.jpg
wknvvk.jpg
35l6jc8.jpg

Last edited by HYC,

HYC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just now i had used last few days you pasted me the xml code, do some experiment.

<targets selectable="false">
<title mediatype="1">0004000000155400</title>
<title mediatype="1">0004000000185B00</title>
<title mediatype="1">0004000000187000</title>
</targets>

If i changed the 1 (red color digi) to 0,1 or 3 will come out the error "Missing target title The application you are trying to run requested a specific target title. Please make sure you have that title.
but when i changed to 2, will stuck in color screen.

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just now i had used last few days you pasted me the xml code, do some experiment.

<targets selectable="false">
<title mediatype="1">0004000000155400</title>
<title mediatype="1">0004000000185B00</title>
<title mediatype="1">0004000000187000</title>
</targets>

If i changed the 1 (red color digi) to 0,1 or 3 will come out the error "Missing target title The application you are trying to run requested a specific target title. Please make sure you have that title.
but when i changed to 2, will stuck in color screen.
0 = Installed to NAND, 1 = Installed to SD card, 2 = Physical copy. I assume you're using a physical cart and that's why it only "works" when the mediatype="2"
I'm sorry, if it's still not working, I'm not sure what else there is to try. Long story short, it's a bug in Homebrew Launcher, not in my code, and I'm not sure how to get around it.
You're just trying to get the Japanese quests though right? Why not just download them with your game and then use MHX Data Manager to extract them from your save file?

HYC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
0 = Installed to NAND, 1 = Installed to SD card, 2 = Physical copy. I assume you're using a physical cart and that's why it only "works" when the mediatype="2"
I'm sorry, if it's still not working, I'm not sure what else there is to try. Long story short, it's a bug in Homebrew Launcher, not in my code, and I'm not sure how to get around it.
You're just trying to get the Japanese quests though right? Why not just download them with your game and then use MHX Data Manager to extract them from your save file?
Ya, i can do it with the export / import quests. So when import the quests it will auto do the encryption ?
I need the encryption key, because i want create and share the quests with my buddy.
Anyway, Thank you so much

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, i can do it with the export / import quests. So when import the quests it will auto do the encryption ?
I need the encryption key, because i want create and share the quests with my buddy.
Anyway, Thank you so much
They are not encrypted in the save file.

Zeku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible in the future to change the size and the number of spawn for small monsters?

I've created a CQ with a tiny Savage Deviljho (in the Boss gap of course) and wanted to add 5 tiny Deviljhos around the Savage Jho, so I added them at small monsters.
The Quest worked fine, but the Deviljhos in the small monster gap have the normal size and arent tiny. How can I fix this?

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible in the future to change the size and the number of spawn for small monsters?

I've created a CQ with a tiny Savage Deviljho (in the Boss gap of course) and wanted to add 5 tiny Deviljhos around the Savage Jho, so I added them at small monsters.
The Quest worked fine, but the Deviljhos in the small monster gap have the normal size and arent tiny. How can I fix this?
Sounds like a fun quest :)
Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure how to change the size of the small monsters. I haven't figured out the "rEmSetList" format completely. The "Unknown" field is where it will be. You can try experimenting with that but remember it's in hex. Might help to look at some of the DLC quests too see what they have in that field.

Zeku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sounds like a fun quest :)
Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure how to change the size of the small monsters. I haven't figured out the "rEmSetList" format completely. The "Unknown" field is where it will be. You can try experimenting with that but remember it's in hex. Might help to look at some of the DLC quests too see what they have in that field.

Yeah, it's really fun, but when the Deviljhos have the normal size you aren't able to move well, because of that fact, that you are permanently hit by a Tail, a scream or a jump xD
Yeah, I tried a lot of thinks with the Unknown field in rEmSetList, but the Monsters never change, it is completly irrelevant with numbers or letters I write in the unknown field. The Deviljhos are the same everytime with no changes.

SuperDuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am trying to make a quest that gives me a good amount of charms easily, and quests that have tiny monsters. My problem is, every time I try the quest either: Disappears, or crashes when I try to go on the quest. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I am trying to make a quest that gives me a good amount of charms easily, and quests that have tiny monsters. My problem is, every time I try the quest either: Disappears, or crashes when I try to go on the quest. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
You can't edit the supply-box and you cant have rewardbox-items above 11. (At least, that is the maximum amount, which was testet. 50 didn't work)

Also, editing questname, money and Wyacademy-points are restricted as well.

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was deleted because the official DLC quests are copyrighted. It's against the rules to post them here.
Yeah, it's really fun, but when the Deviljhos have the normal size you aren't able to move well, because of that fact, that you are permanently hit by a Tail, a scream or a jump xD
Yeah, I tried a lot of thinks with the Unknown field in rEmSetList, but the Monsters never change, it is completly irrelevant with numbers or letters I write in the unknown field. The Deviljhos are the same everytime with no changes.
Dang, there's got to be a way to do it. I'll try looking into the small monster format again.

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed quote -rp

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
It was deleted because the official DLC quests are copyrighted. It's against the rules to post them here.
Dang, there's got to be a way to do it. I'll try looking into the small monster format again.
Yeah, sorry about that. Is it ok that they are translated or should i remove the translated versions as well?

Grokitach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So is there a way to find the Japanese DLC quests, aside from asking a kind soul to extract their own Japanese DLC from their MHX game and posting it anywhere but not here ?

Candy324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello i'm having issues with MHX data manager "the tool itself"

I'm on a N3ds XL and on the system 11....33e

I already do have homebrew as I've used previous tools, so i'm 100% certain that I added the files correctly into my :c\sd\3ds folder

when I access homebrew via menuhax, and scroll down to MHX Data manager, Just like any other tools my screen flashes different colors etc.

but the moment I see the yellow, it is stuck and won't proceed. Can someone tell me, Why I am stuck here? I've checked the download link , and I got the newest files.

EDIT UPDATE

I read above and changed xml file. it worked THX!

Last edited by Candy324,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"