ROM Hack [release] MHX Data Manager

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it in combo with your conversion script, works like a treat! Thanks a lot svan :)
mdQK63Z.png

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you make a step by step tutorial?

Stuff, that is natural to you, is like ancient latin to me. (python scares me)
  1. Go to python.org, Downloads > Python 3.5.x
  2. Run the installer you just downloaded, make sure to check the "add to path" option on the first page of the installer, the rest leave default.
  3. Download the script (click the "raw" button, then right click and "save page as..."): https://github.com/svanheulen/mhff/blob/master/n3ds/convert_quest.py
  4. Navigate to the folder you Downloaded the script to, hold the "shift" button and right click on the folder, select the "open command prompt here" option
  5. In the command prompt type "python convert_quest.py inputquest outputquest" (only replace input/outputquest with paths to the actual input and output files you want to use)

panotty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, kind of. The quests aren't compatible by default but I made a script that will convert them: https://github.com/svanheulen/mhff/blob/master/n3ds/convert_quest.py
Hi, i've got the convert_quest.py following this link, i did the process correct for all DLC but when import from EUR folder...have always the failure showing q0000000.arc.
You told about v1.2.3 revision of the script...in your github i'm not able to see revisions numbers so i'm afraid to have used the wrong revision.
Can you put a direct link to the correct revision please?
Thanks in advance for the help

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i've got the convert_quest.py following this link, i did the process correct for all DLC but when import from EUR folder...have always the failure showing q0000000.arc.
You told about v1.2.3 revision of the script...in your github i'm not able to see revisions numbers so i'm afraid to have used the wrong revision.
Can you put a direct link to the correct revision please?
Thanks in advance for the help
https://github.com/svanheulen/mhx_data_manager/releases/tag/v1.2.3

Reactions: justln

Coffee Prosecutor

Asking too much.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I, like, only transformed, like, the last 10 quests, like, I am totally stupid, like, as stated above. (Sorry for the liking, I felt like it)

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, like, only transformed, like, the last 10 quests, like, I am totally stupid, like, as stated above. (Sorry for the liking, I felt like it)
So when you say "the last 10 quests" do you mean the last ones when listed alphabetically? Because that would explain why you only got Prowler quests. The quests ID (which is what the files are named after) tells you what type of quest they are: https://github.com/svanheulen/mhff/wiki/MHX-rQuestData-Format#quest-id

Try a quest that starts with "q10100..." which should show up under low rank in the hub.

Okiinawaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get this to work. I have a folder with all the quests in it on my C:, and an output folder inside that one. I type "python convert_quest.py C:\jpn\q10100003.arc C:\jpn\eng\q10100003.arc"

Is this correct? I keep getting a file name, directory syntax error.

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get this to work. I have a folder with all the quests in it on my C:, and an output folder inside that one. I type "python convert_quest.py C:\jpn\q10100003.arc C:\jpn\eng\q10100003.arc"

Is this correct? I keep getting a file name, directory syntax error.
Well your file names have too many digits in them (they should always start with "q", then 7 digits, then end with ".arc") but I'm assuming that was just a typo when you posted it here? Can you post the exact error you're getting?

Okiinawaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well your file names have too many digits in them (they should always start with "q", then 7 digits, then end with ".arc") but I'm assuming that was just a typo when you posted it here? Can you post the exact error you're getting?

yeah that was a typo on my end. My exact thing being typed out is "python convert_quest.py C:\jpn\q1010003.arc C:\jpn\eng\q1010003.arc"
The error message is "The filename, directory name, or volume lable syntax is incorrect."

moghedien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah that was a typo on my end. My exact thing being typed out is "python convert_quest.py C:\jpn\q1010003.arc C:\jpn\eng\q1010003.arc"
The error message is "The filename, directory name, or volume lable syntax is incorrect."
Hmmm, that's really strange. It seems to be a Windows issue, not a Python issue or an issue with my script.
Here's a (very unhelpful) page from Microsoft about the issue: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc956689.aspx
I hate to say this, but I honestly have no idea how to fix it :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it