ROM Hack [Release] MH Talisman Editor for MHXX MHX/MHGen MH4G/MH4U

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried many times to use this application, but I always encounter the same issue: I open the program, choose my game (MH4U), load my "system" file, but can't select any character, nor do I see any list of existing charms. It's like it can't load my save file. What am I doing wrong?
Btw I'm using Checkpoint to extract and inject the saves from my 3DS, could this be the problem?

View attachment 135760
This is what I see when I load the "system" file. The drop-down menu for the character selection is empty, can't select anything from there.
Thanks in advance for your help and answers.
MH4U saves still have a layer of encryption when exported. You need to run the python script to decrypt them (though that may just be an old method. there could be newer tools to decrypt the save released since)

DiazExMachina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
MH4U saves still have a layer of encryption when exported. You need to run the python script to decrypt them (though that may just be an old method. there could be newer tools to decrypt the save released since)
Sorry, I'm not acquainted to this "python script" you're talking about. Can you explain how does it works, or direct me to some sort of guide which explains it?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything you need can be found here. It's the tools designed to be used with APM's MH4U save editor, but these specific tools are just the save decryption tools. After getting it set up, you only need to use steps 6 and 7 on future save exports.

DiazExMachina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Everything you need can be found here. It's the tools designed to be used with APM's MH4U save editor, but these specific tools are just the save decryption tools. After getting it set up, you only need to use steps 6 and 7 on future save exports.

it probably easier to decrypt with QuickBMS, like it says in the "How to use" section of this post

I tried both methods, but the Talisman Editor says "Failed to decrypt save file: CHECKSUM_MISMATCH" whenever I try to load a decrypted system file. What am I doing wrong?

DiazExMachina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, here is the encrypted system file, and the decrypted file obtained using MH4U_SaveCrypt.

Many thanks for your help.

Attachments

• system.zip
    658 bytes · Views: 214
  • dec_system.zip
    239 bytes · Views: 214

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :P