ROM Hack [Release] MH Talisman Editor for MHXX MHX/MHGen MH4G/MH4U

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get crashes while scrolling through my equipment box with a perfectly legal Charm in MHXX.
Would you like me to send to the specifics?

BTW: I'm running your CharmEditor over Wine in Linux, is there any chance of a open source project or a linux variation?

Please do! If you can tell me the rarity, skill combination, skill levels, number of slots, then that would help greatly.
Also, if you are using other modifications, such as generic save editors or the English patch please mention that too.
If I can't reproduce it I might ask for your save (both before modification and after)

I'm not ready to release this as open source yet but I am considering it. The code is in C# so recompiling in Mono might make it run smoother on Linux? I don't know since I don't have experience developing C# applications on Linux. I've had several bug reports linked to problems running under Wine so I suspect it might not be fully compatible.

Last edited by jc28735250,

Mortis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of exporting the charms if you can't import them back? Some one please explain how this works

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the point of exporting the charms if you can't import them back? Some one please explain how this works

Actually, that functionality existed only to be compatible with GANSIMU, a popular JAVA-based skill simulator. It didn't even occur to me to use it for importing, but yes now I see a use case for it.
Thanks for pointing this out! Will add to the list of todos.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello. Just wondering, does this application runs on Mac OS? A friend of mine wants to use the app but doesn't own Windows.

No. Either use BootCamp (bit of an exaggeration for just one program), Wine or Parallels Desktop. The latter is your best choice. *coff* torrent *coffcoff*.

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. Either use BootCamp (bit of an exaggeration for just one program), Wine or Parallels Desktop. The latter is your best choice. *coff* torrent *coffcoff*.
There is actually another option that's free: virtual machines
Get one of the evaluation disk images from Microsoft and install it in a VM with virtual box. The whole set up is free but subject to a 30-day expiration, at which point you'd need to re-register for another free trial.
Bit of a pain, but at least it's legal and free.

Reactions: solidsword2013

sid4975

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused so is this working with mhXX? can u import the created charms bac to ur current save or do u have to make them in gen and start a new mhXX game and import that way?

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused so is this working with mhXX? can u import the created charms bac to ur current save or do u have to make them in gen and start a new mhXX game and import that way?

It supports MHXX, yes, but it only supports importing charms that were exported from the same game.
What you want to do might be possible, however, since the charms available in MHGen are a subset of those in MHXX. I personally haven't tried it, however.

sid4975

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still confused what do u mean from the same game? can I export a charm from my save game edit it to something better and import it back in or not?

note: I didn't want to have to import a gen save and start a new xx game I already started one with my old gen save. I was just asking if that was currently the only way

Last edited by sid4975,

jc28735250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still confused what do u mean from the same game? can I export a charm from my save game edit it to something better and import it back in or not?

note: I didn't want to have to import a gen save and start a new xx game I already started one with my old gen save. I was just asking if that was currently the only way
Oh I misunderstood what you mean.
You can edit your MHXX save file directly; no need to export anything.

What I'm talking about is exporting the list of talisman from a save, and then import it into a different save/character.

Mikihisa0708

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I've been using this editor for quite some time and I've noticed that some Talismans I've made show up as legal talismans when comparing the max and minimum. Yet when selected in the game they show up as blank talismans. Specifically only the talismans that have Wind Res +9 as a second ability (with 3 slots) have this issue. Even reducing it to Wind Res +8 (or less) and taking away a slot for talismans doesn't fix this. Am I doing something wrong? They're all dragon talismans btw.

OOO
Frenzy Res +9
Wind Res +9

OOO or OO
Hearing +5
Wind Res +9/ Wind Res +8

OOO
Evasion +6
Wind Res +9

EDIT: Turns out the limit for Wind Res as a second ability on a Dragon Talisman is 3 not 9.

EDIT 2: So my game crashes each time I try to see the talismans via the "view talismans" menu.

Last edited by Mikihisa0708,

solidsword2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly recommend you use Athena's Armor Set Search along with the talisman editor. The set search app gives you a more accurate possible charms (as well as more legit-looking armor set skills) & none of them so far made my game crash.

Fixing that +9 value back to +3 will fix the talisman preview crash.

Mikihisa0708

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly recommend you use Athena's Armor Set Search along with the talisman editor. The set search app gives you a more accurate possible charms (as well as more legit-looking armor set skills) & none of them so far made my game crash.

Fixing that +9 value back to +3 will fix the talisman preview crash.

I did fix the +9 to a +3 and nothing changed. My game continues to crash each time I go to "view talismans" no matter what. Even if I delete all my talismans it still crashes.

Edit: Thinking back, I think using this website: http://talismans.herokuapp.com/ may have screwed up my talisman list.

Last edited by Mikihisa0708,

DiazExMachina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I tried many times to use this application, but I always encounter the same issue: I open the program, choose my game (MH4U), load my "system" file, but can't select any character, nor do I see any list of existing charms. It's like it can't load my save file. What am I doing wrong?
Btw I'm using Checkpoint to extract and inject the saves from my 3DS, could this be the problem?

Cattura.PNG
This is what I see when I load the "system" file. The drop-down menu for the character selection is empty, can't select anything from there.
Thanks in advance for your help and answers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.