[Release] HiyaCFW - World's FIRST Nintendo DSi CFW!

Here it is, the first DSi CFW!
logo.png

Video by Alex S (with TWiLight Menu++ (previously known as DSiMenu++ and SRLoader) installed):

Video by @Apache Thunder (When RocketLauncher was planned for a release. With WarioWare Touched (DSiWare version) installed.):

(NOTE: Since hiyaCFW has been released a few days ago (as of posting this), and no official thread has been made, I decided to go and make it, despite not making the actual patches for it. :P )

With this CFW, you can run custom DSiWare, alongside region free and 3DS-exclusive DSiWare (WarioWare Touched), on your SD card, via NAND to SD redirection!
You can also run blocked flashcards (such as R4 Ultra).

GitHub repo

FAQs

Q: Can I use a custom splash for hiyaCFW?
A: Yes you can. Place it at "sd:/hiya/" and name them "splashtop.bmp" and "splashbottom.bmp". Make sure they're actually saved as .bmp files, with the size of 256x192, with no color space info, and is 16-bit (A1 R5 G5 B5, or X1 R5 G5 B5). .gif files will also work instead of .bmp files.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a guide if you either do not have Flipnote on your DSi, region doesn't support a specific, etc. to just wanting to hardmod the DSi, check out this thread. https://gbatemp.net/threads/dsi-downgrading-the-complete-guide.393682/
Thank you for the link, I posted in that my question because I know this isn't for it. But you said that this will work without having a DSiWare game installed? Because the first part about getting the console id states I need a DSi ware game.

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there update instructions somewhere? I saw someone mentioned just copying the new files onto the SD card, but the changelogs talk about IPS patches for files... What is the correct way to update?

I attempted updating from 1.3.1 to 1.3.2 by just replacing the bootcode.dsi and moving the bootloader.nds to /hiya. It worked on one of my XLs, but the other one will not autoboot DSiMenu++ nor will DSI titles boot from it(they just drop back to the DSI menu). I do believe I had to install Unlaunch via TempNAND on it, so I suspect it might be related, but I'd like to make sure I did the update properly.

Last edited by zomgugoff,

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the newest version on my computer and it doesn't work.
That screenshot clearly says "Python27" in the titlebar. You have both 2.7 and 3.x installed. If you're not using 2.7, remove it. You may have to reinstall 3 to get the paths set correctly again. Either that, or try running it from a command prompt.

MrMann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That screenshot clearly says "Python27" in the titlebar. You have both 2.7 and 3.x installed. If you're not using 2.7, remove it. You may have to reinstall 3 to get the paths set correctly again. Either that, or try running it from a command prompt.

I didn't even see Python27 in the titlebar.I removed it and now it works!

Reactions: JSMastah

MrMann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did the guide and now when it gets past the hiya cfw splash screen it shows "An error has occured".My sdcard is 2gb and is formatted to fat32 but it still doesn't work.

Last edited by MrMann,

ginganguly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Followed the guide successfully upto:
Installing HiyaCFW

Instruction:
13. Open the new 'Modified Files' folder.

I don't appear to have this folder?

Anyone shed any light on this?

I am so close to the finishing line!

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed the guide successfully upto:
Installing HiyaCFW
Instruction:
13. Open the new 'Modified Files' folder.

I don't appear to have this folder?

Anyone shed any light on this?

I am so close to the finishing line!

If you don't have that folder then you missed a step. The hiyacfw helper script generates that folder.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i got Hiya installed with no issues and i follwed this guide to install dsiware https://dsiguide.me/dsiware-installation. No matter what i try to install i get a message in TWLnf that says failed to read region flags from app and an other mesage that says failed to get region. How do i fix this?? Thanks

Edit fixed this myself in the guide it says the app file should be renamed to 00000000 but that is for American region only i had to rename it to 00000005 for my euro ds. As far as i can see the guide does not tell you this info if you have a euro dsi.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so now as i said i can install dsiware but the issue i now face is the installed dsiware is going to my sysnand not my HiyaCFW emunand how do i install stuff to the emunand???

Edit (please ignore the above I worked out the solution myself lol)

Last edited by AmandaRose,

ginganguly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't have that folder then you missed a step. The hiyacfw helper script generates that folder.

So running hiyacfw helper script I get:

---HIYACFW HELPER---
This is an updated version for Au, USA, EUR, Jap DSI. Edited by LmN
Running self-check
Decrypting NAND
Error occured! Does this backup have the required NO$GBA footer? ([WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified)
Press Enter to continue...

Nand was dumped using firmware tool 2.0.0

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So running hiyacfw helper script I get:

---HIYACFW HELPER---
This is an updated version for Au, USA, EUR, Jap DSI. Edited by LmN
Running self-check
Decrypting NAND
Error occured! Does this backup have the required NO$GBA footer? ([WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified)
Press Enter to continue...

Nand was dumped using firmware tool 2.0.0

Check that guide again. You are missing the nand.bin file you dumped in the 'For PC' folder (and it must be called 'nand.bin')

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The autoboot, and the DSiWare launch options don't work with DSiMenu++.
Also, I can't make it work with a 4GB card even with DSiMenu++, it just shows the "And error has ocurred, please reset the console" message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44