[Release] HiyaCFW - World's FIRST Nintendo DSi CFW!

Here it is, the first DSi CFW!
logo.png

Video by Alex S (with TWiLight Menu++ (previously known as DSiMenu++ and SRLoader) installed):

Video by @Apache Thunder (When RocketLauncher was planned for a release. With WarioWare Touched (DSiWare version) installed.):

(NOTE: Since hiyaCFW has been released a few days ago (as of posting this), and no official thread has been made, I decided to go and make it, despite not making the actual patches for it. :P )

With this CFW, you can run custom DSiWare, alongside region free and 3DS-exclusive DSiWare (WarioWare Touched), on your SD card, via NAND to SD redirection!
You can also run blocked flashcards (such as R4 Ultra).

GitHub repo

FAQs

Q: Can I use a custom splash for hiyaCFW?
A: Yes you can. Place it at "sd:/hiya/" and name them "splashtop.bmp" and "splashbottom.bmp". Make sure they're actually saved as .bmp files, with the size of 256x192, with no color space info, and is 16-bit (A1 R5 G5 B5, or X1 R5 G5 B5). .gif files will also work instead of .bmp files.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

malekmaroc7

モロッコの人だよ
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
I will bookmark it. The only thing that I need to run is the Launcher (I need the launchers title tmd, but I can't get into twinf again :/)

Baggins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm curious what CFW hacking allows, or will allow?

1. Does it allow use of all DSIWare bypassing encryption? This would mostly relate to super rare games that were later removed from the store, or possibly cross region games.... Yes, this would include piracy... But let's call it 'preservation'....

Stuff like, Go! Go! Kokopolo, GO Series: Picdun, AlphaBounce, Divergent Shift, LOZ: Four Swords, and a handful of games that never transferred over to the 3DS.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/06/these_dsiware_games_cannot_be_moved_to_3ds

2. Play DSIWare off the SD Card?

3. Potential of installing DS and DSI cartridge games (hybrid and white carts) directly to SD card to play (with all DSI features included)?

4. Will there be a way to maybe transfer information from say a 3DS back to a DSI? For example if I have some exclusive games on my 3DS account, but would like to play on a DSI? Four Swords and Wario War: Touched for example?

5. Bypass region locks on DSI games?

Last edited by Baggins,

malekmaroc7

モロッコの人だよ
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Now, I got a new dump folder and I put the contents of it into the root of the SD Card but it shows me an error which it says that the launchers tmd is too big. Use a clean one. What should I do?

RaSaDog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I have 2 Dsi "One white and one red" "European version (1.4.5E)" are not good xl tested with barias sd cards even with sd micros of different sizes from 512mb to 32g and nothing good happened the files and everything I'm going to the fliponte studio and when it's going to execute the boot, it stays on a blank screen and freezes some solcuion?

Attachments

• 20180621_110003[1].jpg
    20180621_110003[1].jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 288

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is it possible yet to install this on a Japanese DSi LL? There's a lot of contradictory information in the DSi Guide regarding this. Supposedly we cannot use TempNand due to ugopwn not being compatible?

EDIT - Scratch this, got it working!

Last edited by sj33,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: How old are you? Me: I was alive when I was alive Any hints