Hacking [Release] FunkyCIA2 - build CIAs from your eShop content. Super easy and fast! (**2.1 FIX!**)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
But,it's a theme, how to find the title id for it?
Is there a theme data base just like games so i can search in it?
themes are just dlc. just like games have multiple dlcs you can buy for the game, but they share the same title id. each little piece of dlc does not have its own title id.
just find the theme dlc title id for your region.

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
hi
i got a o3ds with a 2.1 firmware , and tried with funkycia to get the system cias , but it doesn't download anything(maybe because those cias are removed from nintendo servers)
is there any other way to get the system cias from my nand(i have a decrypted nand and all xorpads for the nand parts too)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
hi
i got a o3ds with a 2.1 firmware , and tried with funkycia to get the system cias , but it doesn't download anything(maybe because those cias are removed from nintendo servers)
is there any other way to get the system cias from my nand(i have a decrypted nand and all xorpads for the nand parts too)
FunkyCIA would get you the latest veresion of a title anyway, so this wouldn't help here.
i'm not sure exactly how you can recreate the files into legit cias, you will need to re-encrypt them at the very least with the title key

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
what i am looking for is the update files for 2.1.0 , and since those files are installed in the nand , there is only the tmd and app files (and also the cmd if that is usefull in any way)
i wonder if using romtool can recreate the update files in their original legit format like those downloaded from nus

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
what i am looking for is the update files for 2.1.0 , and since those files are installed in the nand , there is only the tmd and app files (and also the cmd if that is usefull in any way)
i wonder if using romtool can recreate the update files in their original legit format like those downloaded from nus
you would need the cetk but you should have that in your ticket.db anyway, so, although there might be other ways to get the fw 2 update cias, i would imagine if you re-encrypt the files you have with the title key, you could then use makecdncia to build the cias.
i wouldn't see why not.

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
thank you , i'll give it a try , and compare to cia decrypted from a rom backup , and report back if it's a success or not

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@aos10 .. You can't download one theme. It will download all themes in one file. The title you are looking for is this one.
0004008c00008f00

Check the tutorial section, I have a guide for using FunkyCIA and it has a themes section (even though it's technically, as Cearp said, a DLC)

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
annoying but not my problem sorry :(
if the tmd doesn't exist on the cdn... nothing i can do.
this is an update? for what?

I don't know :/
I downloaded all eur updates on my eshop, then used FunkyCIA2 with -type update for download all updates in 1 time

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Is removed from the servers , is the IRONFALL Invasion Update v1.1, also the v1.0 is now removed.
ok thanks, i never downloaded the game, i never needed it.
so there is no 1.2? they must have removed the update altogether and incorporated the update into the game, clever idea i guess, because then people can't 'delete' the update :)

soupman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cearp
I'm having an issue with FunkyCIA v2.1. Whenever I try to make a cia of a game with this id 0004000000158400 the cia created by FunkyCIA v2.1 is invalid and won't install, even though it says that the cia that was created is ok.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@cearp
I'm having an issue with FunkyCIA v2.1. Whenever I try to make a cia of a game with this id 0004000000158400 the cia created by FunkyCIA v2.1 is invalid and won't install, even though it says that the cia that was created is ok.
weird, and other cias work? or you only made this 1?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
The other cias that I've made worked. I looked here http://3dsdb.com/ and noticed that the titleid was the same for SpongeBob HeroPants, but it's a different game.
ok, what game? leave a message on 3dsdb and tell them there is a mistake
what cia installer do you use? some installers are weird, but the real devmenu seems to work the best and avoids any potential problems.
and, get someone else to test the cia, if you are happy with that.

soupman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, what game? leave a message on 3dsdb and tell them there is a mistake
what cia installer do you use? some installers are weird, but the real devmenu seems to work the best and avoids any potential problems.
and, get someone else to test the cia, if you are happy with that.

I used both FBI and DevMenu.

When I tried using FBI and got this message:

Install failed!
0004000000158400.cia
Source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1B)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: DESCRIPTION_ARCHIVE_NOT_MOUNTED (0x65)
Press Start to continue.

When I tried using DevMenu I got this message:

Import failed. File:
0004000000158400.cia
This cia is invalid.
(0xD8E08065)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I used both FBI and DevMenu.

When I tried using FBI and got this message:

Install failed!
0004000000158400.cia
Source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1B)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: DESCRIPTION_ARCHIVE_NOT_MOUNTED (0x65)
Press Start to continue.

When I tried using DevMenu I got this message:

Import failed. File:
0004000000158400.cia
This cia is invalid.
(0xD8E08065)
annoying, try to make the cia again. if you get the same checksum then the cia is being made fine. some cias have not installed when i tried, but installed fine on another 3ds.
or, only after i updated my fw. i remember testing the legit cia for mh4u, FOR ME it did not install until i updated to 9.2

soupman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
annoying, try to make the cia again. if you get the same checksum then the cia is being made fine. some cias have not installed when i tried, but installed fine on another 3ds.
or, only after i updated my fw. i remember testing the legit cia for mh4u, FOR ME it did not install until i updated to 9.2
Cryptofixed the CIA I was having an issue with and tried to install it on 10.6 firmware, but it didn't work. The checksum value was the same and the error messages from DevMenu and FBI were the same. Maybe I'll have to install it on another 3DS like you suggested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1