Hacking [Release] FunkyCIA2 - build CIAs from your eShop content. Super easy and fast! (**2.1 FIX!**)

YodaDaCoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone,

I tried using this but struggled with my shitty internet connection so I made some small modifications. Primarily, if you cancel a download and try again later, it'll resume the existing download. I also modified it to properly support window/mac/linux (previously didn't work well on linux). Download progress should be somewhat snappier too.

Enjoy.

@cearp - please have a look at including my changes in your source.

EDIT:
I rebuild make_cdn_cia from 173210's source as the old version I had was causing some serious issues.
Vastly improved the resuming of downloads by actually moving that stuff off into a separate function and using proper HEAD requests to check the size of the file before initiating a GET. Ended up simplifying quite a bit of stuff as a result.

@cearp do you have this on Github somewhere and if not, do you mind if I put it up there?

Attachments

• FunkyCIA-2.1-r2.zip
    79.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited by YodaDaCoda,
Reactions: cearp and Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hi everyone,

I tried using this but struggled with my shitty internet connection so I made some small modifications. Primarily, if you cancel a download and try again later, it'll resume the existing download. I also modified it to properly support window/mac/linux (previously didn't work well on linux). Download progress should be somewhat snappier too.

Enjoy.

@caerp - please have a look at including my changes in your source.
Thanks for this. It might be useful to support Linux users on the GUI @Ptrk25 is creating.

You pinged the wrong name. @cearp .. You might want to take a look :)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hi everyone,

Enjoy.

I can't look at the source now but thanks for the share :)
it worked fine on linux for me, what issue was there?

ok i'll have a look and add it to the code later and credit you, thanks

Thanks for this. It might be useful to support Linux users on the GUI @Ptrk25 is creating.

You pinged the wrong name. @cearp .. You might want to take a look :)
thanks for the tag :) and ptrk25 tool will/should be fine because it's java, it works for everyone

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I can't look at the source now but thanks for the share :)

ok i'll have a look and add it to the code later and credit you, thanks

thanks for the tag :) and ptrk25 tool will/should be fine because it's java, it works for everyone
Well, I'm confused. @Ptrk25 and @ihaveamac both say that make_cdn_cia was only out there for windows and mac.
Also, while the new GUI is going to work on JAVA, it uses external tools packaged in the .jar, and that includes make_cdn_cia.

In any case, I shared this release with him.

Reactions: YodaDaCoda

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well, I'm confused. @Ptrk25 and @ihaveamac both say that make_cdn_cia was only out there for windows and mac.
Also, while the new GUI is going to work on JAVA, it uses external tools packaged in the .jar, and that includes make_cdn_cia.

In any case, I shared this release with him.
just compile makecdncia for linux, i assume people who use linux can type 'make'/know what they are doing :)

YodaDaCoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Primarily, the make_cdn_cia file was built for mac and didn't run on Linux, and the OS detection part didn't include a Linux option. I simplified the OS detection a little bit too.

Honestly, the most important improvement to me is the ability to resume interrupted downloads. Adding a sys.stdout.flush() after the sys.stdout.write... helped the progress bar too. I also modified the chunk_size so that it starts small but grows as appropriate, so that the progress bar should refresh approximately every second.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Primarily, the make_cdn_cia file was built for mac and didn't run on Linux, and the OS detection part didn't include a Linux option. I simplified the OS detection a little bit too.

Honestly, the most important improvement to me is the ability to resume interrupted downloads. Adding a sys.stdout.flush() after the sys.stdout.write... helped the progress bar too. I also modified the chunk_size so that it starts small but grows as appropriate, so that the progress bar should refresh approximately every second.
ok i see, yeah i thought i made it clear in the op that i shared a mac version.
mac/linux would use the same filename executable, as in, no .exe, so i left it like that.
just my personal choice but sure not the friendliest!

ah wow, that's cool about the progress stuff thanks a lot, i copied that from online and it wasn't the best as is, i never bothered to alter it. i really appreciate it :)
thanks for the help

Reactions: YodaDaCoda

YodaDaCoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mac/linux would use the same filename executable, as in, no .exe, so i left it like that.
Yeah I renamed them make_cdn_cia[linux|mac|win.exe] to be explicit about which it was. That's my personal style too :)

ah wow, that's cool about the progress stuff thanks a lot, i copied that from online and it wasn't the best as is, i never bothered to alter it. i really appreciate it :)
thanks for the help
You're very welcome. :) I don't have the time or inclination to build and maintain a tool like this, but I'm happy to contribute in the small ways I can.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I haven't used funky cia in sometime now so please refresh my memory, if i us the -personal command on a piece of dlc I bought in emunand, would the dlc work if I install it in systemnand?
yeah that's the idea but it turns out that there is no way to install the personal cias, they just don't install...
i'm not sure if new cfw patches can fix it, i guess so, but i'm not cfw dev...

so, if you want to make perfect cia backups for yourself, you can't :(

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah that's the idea but it turns out that there is no way to install the personal cias, they just don't install...
i'm not sure if new cfw patches can fix it, i guess so, but i'm not cfw dev...

so, if you want to make perfect cia backups for yourself, you can't :(
well I was able to install it with big green menu and it seems to work it just does not get the dlc patches to get the rest free.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hi everyone,

Enjoy.

EDIT:
I rebuild make_cdn_cia from 173210's source as the old version I had was causing some serious issues.
Vastly improved the resuming of downloads by actually moving that stuff off into a separate function and using proper HEAD requests to check the size of the file before initiating a GET. Ended up simplifying quite a bit of stuff as a result.

@cearp do you have this on Github somewhere and if not, do you mind if I put it up there?
I just noticed the changes by accident. I just thought I'd let you know that it doesn't notify people when you edit a post.
Would you mind telling us what's new?

@cearp .. You're up again lol

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hi everyone,

Enjoy.

EDIT:

ouch yeah, make a new post don't edit an old one like that!
someone did thankfully save and upload the old makecdncia source, but i guess you found it already, nice :)
yes i have a compiled version for mac to share.
i technically have a github account, i can put FunkyCIA up there i guess sure :) i just got a new computer so i have been a bit busy setting it up recently.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi , i am trying to get ticket.db from my 3DS using rxtools, but it always freeze my console
what should i do ?

i want to get my own DLC files from my O3DSXL and put them in my N3DSXL

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi
RXtools is freezing every time i try to get the ticket.db
i tried Decrypt9 and managed to get the titlekey.bin fro, the ticket.db , but not the ticket.db
what should i do ?

edit: i got title.db using the wireless management app
but i am trying to use the program but i don't know who to use it.

another edit : i am an idiot , ticket.db is not title.db

what should i do ?

edit 3 :
ok , finally got the ticket.db
i want to dump all my official themes i bought
so the command line will be like this ?

FunkyCIA2.py ticket.db -type dlc
how to dump one theme and not all of them ?

i chose DLC type i downloaded 4 DLC

yGwlixc.jpg

but i think i have more

0004008c000d7d00
0004008c000edf00
0004008c00008f00
0004008c00021800

Last edited by aos10,

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
@aos10 - you can't just download one theme out of all your themes.
find the title id for themes for your region and use that :)
but using -dlc works too sure

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
@aos10 - you can't just download one theme out of all your themes.
find the title id for themes for your region and use that :)
but using -dlc works too sure
But,it's a theme, how to find the title id for it?
Is there a theme data base just like games so i can search in it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8 +1