Hacking [Release] FunkyCIA2 - build CIAs from your eShop content. Super easy and fast! (**2.1 FIX!**)

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@waffletower You're probably using an old version of make_cdn_cia.exe as it has problems with cias that consist of a lot of parts like the smash bros "on disk" dlc.
You can either download a newer precompiled version or try to compile it yourself but you need MinGW first.
I think the correct version can be found somewhere here

Last edited by Wuigi,
Reactions: waffletower

waffletower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I'm using the one from the FunkyCIA2 pack. Looking online, most versions seem to be from 2013, whereas this one is from 2014.
Maybe I can get away with doing my content one type at a time instead of all at once?

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/lQQzOO0.jpg
Welp. I was hoping to specify a folder but this looks like I'd have to do each title one at a time unless I know what commands FunkyCIA2 gave to make_cdn_cia

Last edited by waffletower,

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@waffletower
Well, the thread I linked to is from 2015 so...

I had the exact same problem with my bought smash dlcs so trust me I'm pretty sure this is the reason or you messed up some arguments but if the download even suceeded it's highely likely make_cdn_cia can't add that many content files to a cia because the used version is deprecated...

I even tested the version that is included to verify it and it's really deprecated so just use the one from the post I linked instead of wasting your time (Don't forget to remove the 32/64 Bit part).

Reactions: waffletower

waffletower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Wuigi
Actually, I decided to go ahead and install a CIA file created by it, and it worked without a hitch. I'm assuming the failure was caused by the absence of my license information (cetk or whatever) so that it could probably not create "legit" CIA files.
The link in that thread you posted leads to a 404 page and other results seem to lead from downloads from 2013, whereas the one in this thread is from 12/2014. If I run into any problems, I'll look into it further, but so far it seems it did the minimum of what I wanted, at least. Thank you for your advice.

Edit: Oh wow, I'm dumb. There's a compiled version in that thread that's probably newer. Ought not to need it, but it's good to know.

Edit 2: I'm going to be away from my computer for a bit and I've already renamed the old downloads so it won't matter if something goes wrong, so I'm going to try it and I'll let you know if it solved my problem. Thanks again. Advice is always appreciated.

Last Edit: Actually, running the 64 bit version of that build (after changing the name) just resulted in it stopping after a while for no apparent reason. I left it for better than four hours: http://i.imgur.com/quc0qct.jpg

Last edited by waffletower,

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basically yes :)
although in fact you don't have to even buy 1 piece of dlc to get them all, if you go to the IN GAME dlc shop, this gets you a ticket that can be used with FunkyCIA :) (so 'no purchase necessary')

How does that work for games where DLC is a separate download? (i.e. Fire Emblem, themes, etc.)

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Last Edit: Actually, running the 64 bit version of that build (after changing the name) just resulted in it stopping after a while for no apparent reason. I left it for better than four hours: http://i.imgur.com/quc0qct.jpg
yeah lol it should only take a few minutes... no need to wait 4 hours...
How does that work for games where DLC is a separate download? (i.e. Fire Emblem, themes, etc.)
how does it work? it just does, it gets all the dlc. you are asking how i programmed it or how the 3ds works? :)

Reactions: Ruby Gloom

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah lol it should only take a few minutes... no need to wait 4 hours...

how does it work? it just does, it gets all the dlc. you are asking how i programmed it or how the 3ds works? :)
'dlc

I misunderstood, I thought this only works for dlc where the "dlc" was actually just a key for the content in the game updates. It downloads all dlc titles from just opening the dlc shop? That's amazing!

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
'dlc

I misunderstood, I thought this only works for dlc where the "dlc" was actually just a key for the content in the game updates. It downloads all dlc titles from just opening the dlc shop? That's amazing!
well, all dlc for that game yes. that is how the 3ds works, it gives you a ticket when you go to the ingame dlc store, i don't know why.
but yes of course the dlc will be pirated, but yes nice and easy i think :)

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I just download FunkyCIa2 and I always get an error when I try to download the content of my DLC

I get my title.db using Decrypt9 (Im on N3DS, and I didn't found another way to get it)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Could anyone help me with this! I'm trying to download the complete DLC of Smash Bros 3DS (I have all stages, characters and all mii's costumes).

Sorry for my bad English

---------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Ok so I wrote -type dlc and it start to download all my DLC's installed on my console. It works with MH4U, NSMB2, Fire Emblem Awakening, and the rest of my dlc, except with smash!

I have all "random numbers and letters" files, the cetk file and the tmd file, there is a way that I can repack them into a CIA file? Thanks for the Help!!

Last edited by jajamundo,

waffletower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, i'm curious about this as well. I got the same error message and ignored it without noticing any consequences, but I hadn't checked my DLC yet. Some are saying that a newer version of the make_cdn_cia.exe file will help, but when I tried it just froze (which I believe cearp said might happen anyway).
You can try it by clicking Wuigi's link at the top of this page and downloading the file there. Good luck.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, so I downloaded all my games with FunkyCia2.
The problem I have is WHICH IS WHICH?
Is there an app or a way to find out what is what? I want to transfer Colors 3D to my 3DSXL but I cant find out which one it is.
I did find a partial list but it only has the U and J versions and I have the E version and its not listed anywhere.
I dont want to flash the wrong CIA and as some of them are firmware CIA's I dont want to touch them.
If I knew which were games and which were firmware I could try the games out myself but as some are firmware files I dont want to flash the wrong one.

And BTW, I did try out 1 DSiware game and it refuses to show on a standard 9.2 system. If I go to settings DSiWare it crashes. I have to load into CFW (cakes) and it works fine but as its from my list why doesn't it run in OFW?
I thought this made legit CIAs? I will try a 3DS game and see how that goes.

EDIT: I used NTR Debugger and found Colors 3D 000400000008a800. Can someone add that to the lists, its the EUR version.

Last edited by NakedFaerie,

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I tried instlaling a few CIAs onto my 3DSXL which is a different account and it locks up rxtools. I have to restore the emunand just so I can boot into it.

How can I make CIAs so they can be installed? How can I make them legit? They wont even install onto my N3DSXL which is the same account I got them from. in OFW 9.2 they just disappear and in settings it crashes when I try to go there. I have to go into CFW just to run them and delete them.

Is there an extra command I missed when I downloaded and made these CIAs?
I used "FunkyCIA2.py myticket.db -title ALL" to get them so how can I make them legit?

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used rxtools to dump my emunand's ticket.db and then used FunkyCIA2 with the -personal option to convert my DSiware and GBA Ambassador titles to CIAs, but when I try to install them both FBI and BBM fail, saying it's invalid or has an invalid signature. What did I do wrong?

Okay. I figured it out. The "-personal" option doesn't blank the hardware IDs, thus it must cause problems when trying to install the resulting CIAs to sysnand when your NANDs aren't linked. I was trying to get DSiware and GBA games working in reinand. Running FunkyCIA2 again without the "-personal" option worked.

Last edited by Ailuros27, , Reason: Figured it out.

demon77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
On the first post it says you can convert a demo to full.
How can I get the full campaign in Ironfall? Same goes for Steal Divers.

They mean the limit off the demo removed , some you can only play 5 or 30 times , then Always.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried instlaling a few CIAs onto my 3DSXL which is a different account and it locks up rxtools. I have to restore the emunand just so I can boot into it.

How can I make CIAs so they can be installed? How can I make them legit? They wont even install onto my N3DSXL which is the same account I got them from. in OFW 9.2 they just disappear and in settings it crashes when I try to go there. I have to go into CFW just to run them and delete them.

Is there an extra command I missed when I downloaded and made these CIAs?
I used "FunkyCIA2.py myticket.db -title ALL" to get them so how can I make them legit?

Legit = already installed game on the 3DS when you bought it in the store.

So other cia you made with funkycia you can install and play on other 3DS.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hv8ol5.jpg

Found a bug in FunkyCIA2.1 when making a CIA of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity DLC
I have no clue what's going on here.

Anyone have an idea about how I can get this to pack right?

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)