Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotsbhindme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To find out what those titles are, go to that title key site and search each title to see what they are.

I did so for a few of the ones in red and it says they are system files. Does that mean I shouldn't touch them? Do you mind going into your FBI->Titles and checking if you have the same files?

EDIT: Also, when checking the purple ones in "Image 2" of my original post, they cannot be found in that title key site.

Last edited by idiotsbhindme,

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did so for a few of the ones in red and it says they are system files. Does that mean I shouldn't touch them? Do you mind going into your FBI->Titles and checking if you have the same files?

EDIT: Also, when checking the purple ones in "Image 2" of my original post, they cannot be found in that title key site.
When you google that first title, the very first link that popped up was a titlelist report of all the titles installed with each system update from Nintendo.

idiotsbhindme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you google that first title, the very first link that popped up was a titlelist report of all the titles installed with each system update from Nintendo.

I see, thank you. I guess my best bet is just to not touch anything in red/purple, and only mess with the green as they are less likely to be system required files. Do you also mind weighing in on if residual files will be left over on incomplete downloads in freeshop due to crashes? And if so, what procedures should I go through to remove said files?

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my experience, there usually are no residual files from incomplete installs. However, crashes during install could possibly lead to something like that. Regardless, merely installing it again will overwrite where those other files would've been anyways.

idiotsbhindme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From my experience, there usually are no residual files from incomplete installs. However, crashes during install could possibly lead to something like that. Regardless, merely installing it again will overwrite where those other files would've been anyways.

Thank you for your reassurance. In my haste, I have realized that what I deleted in the "green" section of the titles was actually luna updater (00040000001dea00). Would any of you know how I could get that back?

EDIT: I have gotten it back by installing it through FBI->TitleDB. I'll leave this post up so that anyone who makes the same dumb mistake as me knows how to solve it.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for your reassurance. In my haste, I have realized that what I deleted in the "green" section of the titles was actually luna updater (00040000001dea00). Would any of you know how I could get that back?

EDIT: I have gotten it back by installing it through FBI->TitleDB. I'll leave this post up so that anyone who makes the same dumb mistake as me knows how to solve it.
Protip: Don't go into FBI and start deleting things, EVER, unless you're 100% certain you know what you're doing.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Protip: Don't go into FBI and start deleting things, EVER, unless you're 100% certain you know what you're doing.
Wasn't there some guy that delete everything with FBI on some Chinese forum not too long ago?

@TheCruel I don't know if you mentioned this, but when do you build the new caches for freeShop? Is it automated or do you have to do it manually?

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, I have a few questions. My freeshop just recently crashed in the middle of a dlc download. I am not worried about the crash, as I was able to just redownload the dlc successfully (I believe because I was searching while having a lot of downloads in the queue it got overloaded and crashed), I am wondering if that would leave corrupt files on my system, and if I would have to go into FBI to delete them. I do not like having unnecessary files on my system as they take up space, and I would be very frustrated if every crash of freeshop in the middle of a download would leave residual files.

As a side question, I found a lot of files in FBI->Titles that begin with 0004, don't have a icon, and are in red and purple. There was also one such file that was in green, which I deleted already because I assumed was the corrupt file. What are those files, and are they results of freeshop crashing?

Image 1 Image 2

PS: There is also one additional file I am curious about which seems to be a nintendo app but it shows as "???" in FBI->Titles.

Image 3

Thanks in advance for your help.
I am using a n3ds and running 11.2.35U on a9hl and luna3ds.
wow same problem in moment for try dlcs in awakening my freeshop says good bye and thats it "crash"

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TheCruel I don't know if you mentioned this, but when do you build the new caches for freeShop? Is it automated or do you have to do it manually?
It's mostly automated, I just have to push a git tag and it will start building it and upload it. Having it completely automated is a bit more risky, when something goes wrong could be a while before I find out. Like a couple weeks ago when a Korean title wasn't added properly and crashed freeShop but I was able to just delete it and the updater reverted back.

Reactions: Quantumcat

UncleHeffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So for some reason, when I start Freeshop, both screens turn black and say in white words "Homebrew".

What is this?

It doesn't go past this screen.

AnEpicSquirrel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is having an NNID linked to the 3DS required to use this? Does this app give Nintendo any other information (NNID, etc) other than the IP causing the download? If an NNID isn't required or shared, I cannot fathom how Nintendo could reprimand people for using this (in the future).

@TheCruel, did you hear about the new Nintendo Account system Nintendo will be rolling out? I'm wondering if it will extend from the Switch to the 3DS seeing as it is being made in response to Virtual Console purchases not being carried over. Not sure if relevant for the future of freeShop, but I thought it would be interesting to ask (2m 25s):

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It crashes when extracting lasted cache i have version 2.14 how do I fix this.
Odd. First try deleting the freeShop cache directory /3ds/data/freeShop/cache/

If that doesn't work, it can be fixed by deleting that whole freeShop directory and launching freeShop again so it recreates everything.

Reactions: Evernew

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Looking for some advice if anyone can be bothered to give it! Never used freeshop before - I have gw emeunand and have been installing games with BBM. Is freeshop easy to use? Is iot as simplae as installing the CIA or are there other more complicated steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle