Status
Not open for further replies.

Alef Wright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My freeshop is stuck at 'Downloading cache: r36..." (whatever like this because my 3ds is in potuguese and i can't change the language to english on freeshop) and when this ends it crashes, and my 3ds crashes too, why is this happening???

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
The Home Menu Themes "DLC" will install all themes. However when you do this, the next time you access the HMT you'll receive a message that you have too many themes and it will ask you to choose the ones you want to keep. It is a pain in the ass, it will take you some time to choose.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does this happens with any game you try to download or only a specific one? Which game is it?
In super smash
In game advance virtual console games (all) = (around 20 games)
In pokemon moon

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My freeshop is stuck at 'Downloading cache: r36..." (whatever like this because my 3ds is in potuguese and i can't change the language to english on freeshop) and when this ends it crashes, and my 3ds crashes too, why is this happening???
It must not be downloading for some reason.

Don't know why this would happen. First, now that time has passed, try it once more. And if it still doesn't work, try to delete the directory sd:/3ds/data/freeShop/ and try again.

Reactions: Evernew

trixiesama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In super smash
In game advance virtual console games (all) = (around 20 games)
In pokemon moon
Well, this is probably not related to the firmware. Seeing as you are from spain I'll assume you have an EUR 3ds. In that case you should check if those games are EUR or USA. If that's the case you'll need to enable the region/language emulation in luma config.

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, this is probably not related to the firmware. Seeing as you are from spain I'll assume you have an EUR 3ds. In that case you should check if those games are EUR or USA. If that's the case you'll need to enable the region/language emulation in luma config.
ok thanks good points exposed

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Or you could just try downloading these games in the EUR version if it is available.
ok the fact its pokemon moon have 3 flags (are same in pokemon x and y an pokemon ORAS) but in case of moon are same doesnt exist another separated titlekey in freeshop

trixiesama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyways, I don't know about the gba vc games, but both pokemon sun&moon e super smash bros use extended RAM mode. There are many threads about how to fix this issue. Some people claim to have solved the problem by installing these games from a cia file (from that iso site) with TitleManager. Other people say they solved the issue by system formatting their 3ds. Maybe you should check out this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-help-to-fix-pokemon-sun-moon-black-screen.446315/

UncleHeffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Uninstall it.
2) Delete the freeshop folder from 3ds/data.
3) Re-install.

The "homebrew" message you see is the new splash screen.
It does take a while to start up, downloading and extracting the latest cache.

So I did all of that, and am now waiting for it to get past the homebrew screen.

How long does this usually take?

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so it's clear, reinstalling a CIA will change nothing. There is no setup process that occurs to potentially fix anything.

freeShop has a setup process that run when you launch it, not when it's installed. So if you want to reset it, you just delete sd:/3ds/data/freeShop/ and launch it again.

@UncleHeffy what CFW are you using?

UncleHeffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so it's clear, reinstalling a CIA will change nothing. There is no setup process that occurs to potentially fix anything.

freeShop has a setup process that run when you launch it, not when it's installed. So if you want to reset it, you just delete sd:/3ds/data/freeShop/ and launch it again.

@UncleHeffy what CFW are you using?

Luma newest version with A9LH or whatever it is. Everything works and has for a long time, then all of a sudden, freeshop stopped starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1