ROM Hack [Release] Fire Emblem Fates Custom Paralogues

Laith K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you access the custom paralogues? I have it installed through hans, but i cant seem to access it. Please help

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello there. I cant seem to access the custom paralogues? I have them installed through hans, but cant seem to access them. Please tell me how to access them (Also, if this sends more than once, i apologize. My internet is shit right now)

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you access the custom paralogues? I have it installed through hans, but i cant seem to access it. Please help
You need to complete certain chapters for the paralogues to unlock. For Nichol's chapter, you need to complete Paralogue 5, and for Haitaka's you need to complete Conquest chapter 11.

Laith K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to complete certain chapters for the paralogues to unlock. For Nichol's chapter, you need to complete Paralogue 5, and for Haitaka's you need to complete Conquest chapter 11.
Do i need to capture them? Like, for example, if i defeat them, will i not get access to the paralogues>

Laith K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, i just finished playing the paralogues. They are pretty good. They could be in the game as actual chapters. I liked the fact that nichol and haitaka had good starting stats, and over all, this was amazing

shadowofchaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to ask your permission before messing around with it...

Would you be opposed to me running it on my JP copy and translate the dialogue to JP just for fun?

scorcher9009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think you'd consider making an Omozu paralogue? Only problem I see is that, well, he has like no character at all. XD But at the same time, it gives you a LOT of freedom regarding how to write his dialogue.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think you'd consider making an Omozu paralogue? Only problem I see is that, well, he has like no character at all. XD But at the same time, it gives you a LOT of freedom regarding how to write his dialogue.
To be honest, I'm having trouble even coming up with a concept for that map. I'll consider making one at some point, but I have no plans for Omozu at the moment.

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe it's asking too much, but would it be possible to recruit/support Marth, Chrom, Lucina, or Ike in this way? or other Characters not present in the game, like Katarina(Eine), or Ishtar? maybe Arvis or Julius? I don't think it would be terribly hard to make a 3d model or whatever for Katarina, she would basically be a recolor of Hinoka...

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe it's asking too much, but would it be possible to recruit/support Marth, Chrom, Lucina, or Ike in this way? or other Characters not present in the game, like Katarina(Eine), or Ishtar? maybe Arvis or Julius? I don't think it would be terribly hard to make a 3d model or whatever for Katarina, she would basically be a recolor of Hinoka...
The same-sex expansion actually adds in supports for the amiibo characters, including Marth and Lucina. I'd rather not handle writing for them personally.

Unfortunately, creating new 3D models for characters isn't practical at the moment. You could potentially create something by splicing together existing models, but that only goes so far.

To be honest, if you're just looking to get the characters themselves in Fates, I'd talk with one of the custom DLC developers, as they have a lot more experience with that sort of thing.

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same-sex expansion actually adds in supports for the amiibo characters, including Marth and Lucina. I'd rather not handle writing for them personally.

Unfortunately, creating new 3D models for characters isn't practical at the moment. You could potentially create something by splicing together existing models, but that only goes so far.

To be honest, if you're just looking to get the characters themselves in Fates, I'd talk with one of the custom DLC developers, as they have a lot more experience with that sort of thing.
yeah I guess so. would still be really badass though, fight a paralogue battle against a portion of Marth's Army, or Sigurd's Army, win, and recruit them all.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, any recent progress so far? It's been a while since someone's posted on this thread.
I've been working on adding new sounds to the base game lately, so I haven't spent much time on the paralogues. I've got the plans for the next update laid out, but I haven't actually implemented anything yet.

arc1017

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone have a recording of the nichol paralogue? I would love to see how it plays out but I know nothing about installing fates on my laptop or homebrews or whatever is involed with running and making these custom chapters. I just play fire emblem games on my way to work :P

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @thane98, since you seem to understand this pretty well, how possible do you think it is to add a new defense chapter? I've thought about a chapter in which you choose to fight with the Kitsune or the Wolfskin army and try to defend against the other on your home turf.

Admitidly, this would probably be better as a custom DLC map rather than a paralogue (you know, because lol outrealms..)

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @thane98, since you seem to understand this pretty well, how possible do you think it is to add a new defense chapter? I've thought about a chapter in which you choose to fight with the Kitsune or the Wolfskin army and try to defend against the other on your home turf.

Admitidly, this would probably be better as a custom DLC map rather than a paralogue (you know, because lol outrealms..)
Adding in a new defense chapter wouldn't be terribly difficult conceptually, though actually implementing it could be a little complicated. As far as I know, chapter win conditions are defined inside a map's script files, so you'd have to do some script editing if you wanted a defend chapter. I'd take a look at the script for Conquest chapter 10 to see how it's set up in the original game.

You'd also want to adjust the AI for the enemies so that you're actually defending against something. AI values can be changed in the dispo file by changing AI labels, though I don't know how you'd go about defining which point the enemies move towards. Once again, I suggest looking at Conquest chapter 10's dispo file to see how it sets up the enemy AI.

It's definitely possible, you'll just need to go through some additional steps in comparison to creating rout maps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.