• Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have n3ds xl 9.0.0.20 EU, If I am able to start Reinand that should mean that I am using the kernel exploit ?

The strange thing is that is I run Pasta > CN to load FBI I get the error "Database does not exist" / "Invalid database".
I should have "title.db" and "import.db" file on my sysnand but I might need to recreate empty files.

I have a new 3ds zelda edition, I was wondering if I should first format the system and the sd to remove the zelda and tamagochi game and then remake my emunand.
I have noticed as well that if I have wifi on Reinand does not let me run ninjahx again and start the internet explorer ...

Quote from a reddit page I found that makes the instructions quite clear on what to do
Jaws12 said:
You need to make empty title.db and import.db files inside a dbs folder in the Nintendo 3DS folder. Then go to Data Managnent AFTER creating the empty files and it should say your DBs are corrupt and rebuild them. Then you should be able to install stuff with FBI.

I would stick with RxTools 3.0 (has SysNAND and EMUNAND support) or Pasta (SysNAND only) if you are going to install CIAs on your NAND or EMUNAND.

barnabe42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Quote from a reddit page I found that makes the instructions quite clear on what to do

I would stick with RxTools 3.0 (has SysNAND and EMUNAND support) or Pasta (SysNAND only) if you are going to install CIAs on your NAND or EMUNAND.
Thanks, I will try RxTools Tonight, I thought it was only for O3ds not N3ds.

barnabe42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What "Could not start the AM service" actually means ?
it is strange than Sysnand goes further in the CIA installation than EMUNAND.

They should work similarly.

barnabe42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have install FBI 1.4.6 and it seems that I get different error on my EMUNAND

Install failed!
Steamworld Dig EUR RF FS.cia
Could not initialize AM service.
Raw error: 0xd8606406
Module: MODULE_NN_SRV (0x19)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: DESCRIPTION_ACCESS_DENIED (0x6)

In the version 1.4.4. I was only getting "Could not initialize AM service."

Scorchy

Wanderer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, and now with the new anti-piracy checks will be behind every piracy solution.

Anyway, It seems Smea enables the AM service to his Save manager in Ninjhax 2.0.
What's the new anti-piracy checks? I haven't updated with the 3DS Scene since like 4 months or so I don't know what the new things are.

Golui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If I am in emuNAND and i switch to NAND mode to manually update my system with 3DNUS, it will update my emunand, correct? I have seen some contradicting information on this.

D

Deleted User

OP
I have install FBI 1.4.6 and it seems that I get different error on my EMUNAND

Install failed!
Steamworld Dig EUR RF FS.cia
Could not initialize AM service.
Raw error: 0xd8606406
Module: MODULE_NN_SRV (0x19)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: DESCRIPTION_ACCESS_DENIED (0x6)

In the version 1.4.4. I was only getting "Could not initialize AM service."
How are you running FBI (3DSX, CIA, or 3DS), and what is the firmware version of your emuNAND?
If I am in emuNAND and i switch to NAND mode to manually update my system with 3DNUS, it will update my emunand, correct? I have seen some contradicting information on this.
NAND mode will affect the currently active NAND, so if you're in emuNAND, it should affect your emuNAND.

Reactions: Hashtastrophe

Speartailor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried with the most recent FBI version. I deleted it, and, using the Safety FBI method, not even the FBI CIA will install. I'm getting this error with it:

Install failed!
Could not install app.
Raw Error: 0xc8e08001
Module: AM (0x20)
Level: Status (0x19)
Summary: Invalid Argument 0x7)
Description: Unknown Description (0x1)

There must be soemthing wrong with my emuNAND or sysNAND, but this is the third time I've gone through all the steps and it only worked the very first time properly before I shifted SD cards.

Hey OP. I think the problem I've encountered here is related to the actual SD card that I used. The only times I've installed rxTools and FBI have been when I DID NOT use my 32gb no-name micro-SD. Regardless, good luck with your awesome program here. Much appreciated.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm getting a Invalid Description error when I try to install the DS Whitelist 1.0 CIA in DevMode of rxTools with Pasta (rxTools 3.0 Alpha). Signatures are patched in this mode and you can even load GBA and DSi games (still SysNAND). Not even Gateway's Bluecardfix.cia worked.

EDIT: CIAs from that ISO site's MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions) thread don't work for me.
Being a bit more specific, I have the exploit installed, but even the MSET ROPs in FBI don't work.

Last edited by pastaconsumer,

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're trying to install firmware files into SD. Change the mode to NAND
I can't. You have to press the L button. My L button is broken, and I can't afford to fix it/get it fixed. I don't know how to edit the source so I can change it to a different button. Even if I could, I don't know how to compile it.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah! Nailed it. That's your problem. Nobody here can help you. Have you even tried to help yourself? Open up your 3DS and try reseating the connectors for your L button at least...

Costs you nothing if you already have a small screwdriver.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah! Nailed it. That's your problem. Nobody here can help you. Have you even tried to help yourself? Open up your 3DS and try reseating the connectors for your L button at least...

Costs you nothing if you already have a small screwdriver.
I have tried helping myself. I don't own a small screwdriver... Obviously, if I had a screwdriver capable of opening the 3DS, I would have tried that. But we're back to the money predicament... Being 16 and unable to work kind of prevents me from earning cash. Before you ask about 'chores', I don't get paid for them. I have NO source of income to buy a screwdriver and I don't know anyone who has one I can borrow. I don't know anyone willing to repair it. I'd love to get it fixed, but can't.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I have tried helping myself. I don't own a small screwdriver... Obviously, if I had a screwdriver capable of opening the 3DS, I would have tried that. But we're back to the money predicament... Being 16 and unable to work kind of prevents me from earning cash. Before you ask about 'chores', I don't get paid for them. I have NO source of income to buy a screwdriver and I don't know anyone who has one I can borrow. I don't know anyone willing to repair it. I'd love to get it fixed, but can't.
There's not any unused buttons so I just moved L and R shoulders to the Left and Right Pad. The mset feature used those too but there shouldn't be a conflict hopefully.
Hope that's ok.

Attachments

• FBI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 192

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's not any unused buttons so I just moved L and R shoulders to the Left and Right Pad. The mset feature used those too but there shouldn't be a conflict hopefully.
Hope that's ok.
Too kind :P

Was just going to do something like that myself but I just now got home to sit down and do it.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope that's ok.
Thank you very much, testing it now!
EDIT:
Good News: It works! I can install the 9.0 MSET CIA as well as the DS Whitelist (4.0 MSET CIA still gives me an error)
Bad News: The exploit still doesn't work. It shows the DSi Profile just fine and says rxTools as my nickname and YS:/rxTools.dat as my message.
If it helps any, I'm on 9.2.0-20U.

Last edited by pastaconsumer,

Magic Lubricant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the screenshot you have it says that the destination is on the sd, so does that mean it will install to emunand?
sorry if this is a dumb question.

PacPera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a question, my situation right now is the following, OLD Nintendo 3DS XL PAL with 4.5.0-10E, I'm using rxTools and FBI, everything works fine. The sysNAND and the emuNAND are unlinked, inside the emuNAND is already installed FBI like a cia file, but it's and older version, so how can I update it? If I boot in emuNAND, start FBI and try to update FBI with the new cia while this app is running, is it possible? Thank you guys for the help :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol