• Likes 102

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Should be fixed in 1.4.4.
I have tested this version extensively these couple of days. I gotta say, it's the best version I have tested so far, and the workaround is brilliant.

That being said, I still get some incompatibilities with some DLC, where it says it installed successfully without there being any new content, while installing them through BBM/devmenu works mine.

I know you said that you are using the standard known method for installing, but I don't know man, something is definitely off.

Either way, great program. Thanks a lot for all the time and effort spent on this program :)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tested this version extensively these couple of days. I gotta say, it's the best version I have tested so far, and the workaround is brilliant.

That being said, I still get some incompatibilities with some DLC, where it says it installed successfully without there being any new content, while installing them through BBM/devmenu works mine.

I know you said that you are using the standard known method for installing, but I don't know man, something is definitely off.

Either way, great program. Thanks a lot for all the time and effort spent on this program :)
I dunno... I seem to remember a version or two ago, it would give you the option to uninstall a file in order to install an older one. This version doesn't do that. I happened to like that feature.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I dunno... I seem to remember a version or two ago, it would give you the option to uninstall a file in order to install an older one. This version doesn't do that. I happened to like that feature.
It still does that now:

- if you are trying to install a file that already exists with an older version, it will prompt you to overwrite it.

- if you are trying to install a file that already exists with a newer version, it will install normally.

Hope this clears it up :)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still does that now:

- if you are trying to install a file that already exists with an older version, it will prompt you to overwrite it.

- if you are trying to install a file that already exists with a newer version, it will install normally.

Hope this clears it up :)
I've dealt with it before. But now I have 1.4.4 installed and decided to upgrade my O3DS to 9.2 and install the 4.x MSET. I wasn't able to do it without manually deleting it first... Not that the end result was what I wanted anyway. It looks like the Gateway launcher won't work on 9.2 O3DS through 4.5 MSET. I'd be curious to know if anybody here has a different experience...

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I've dealt with it before. But now I have 1.4.4 installed and decided to upgrade my O3DS to 9.2 and install the 4.x MSET. I wasn't able to do it without manually deleting it first... Not that the end result was what I wanted anyway. It looks like the Gateway launcher won't work on 9.2 O3DS through 4.5 MSET. I'd be curious to know if anybody here has a different experience...
Weird.. This shouldn't be the case. But I can't comment on this any further as I haven't touched MSET.

AliTheAce

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a AM service initiation in the last pull of the homebrew menu (amInit()). Maybe would be possible to use FBI in Ninjhax 2.0 to install Legit CIAs
I really hope it's possible.
I'm currently learning C++ for 3DS hacking/development. Would someone be able to give a small summary of how you would patch the AM service into Ninjhax 2.0 if it is possible at all, and if it becomes open source?

Last edited by AliTheAce,

Scorchy

Wanderer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ah I see. I hope that is possible soon to install cias. I'm learning about C++ too for develope some apps or emulators^^
I won't be possible ever, Smealum has been very clear about the fact he didn't wanted Ninjhax to be used to play pirated games, so if he allow .cia (and he can do that), it's will be an open door to pirating games, there is no such thing as ''legit .cia'' and games .cia, both are .cia and there's no real way to tell them apart. But if you can run Ninjhax, why don't you just get a CFW or a Gateway to use it?

AliTheAce

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I won't be possible ever, Smealum has been very clear about the fact he didn't wanted Ninjhax to be used to play pirated games, so if he allow .cia (and he can do that), it's will be an open door to pirating games, there is no such thing as ''legit .cia'' and games .cia, both are .cia and there's no real way to tell them apart. But if you can run Ninjhax, why don't you just get a CFW or a Gateway to use it?
He said the same thing about Ninjhax 1. People found ways to make it work. It's eventually going to happen with Ninjhax 2/Ironhax. At least I hope someone else finds a kernel exploit for 9.3-9.9.

Scorchy

Wanderer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He said the same thing about Ninjhax 1. People found ways to make it work. It's eventually going to happen with Ninjhax 2/Ironhax. At least I hope someone else finds a kernel exploit for 9.3-9.9.
I wouldn't count on that, even if that happen, it may still take months, even more and it will be fixed asap by Nintendo or Smealum himself.

failzers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legit cia's are .cia's with your signature in it.

AliTheAce

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't count on that, even if that happen, it may still take months, even more and it will be fixed asap by Nintendo or Smealum himself.
As long as it happens eventually, I'm fine with waiting. I know coding a program is no easy task, neither is finding vulnerabilities.

Scorchy

Wanderer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Legit cia's are .cia's with your signature in it.
I think he was talking about homebrew .cia when he was saying ''legit cia''.

As long as it happens eventually, I'm fine with waiting. I know coding a program is no easy task, neither is finding vulnerabilities.
I understand, I was like that too when I had my 4.5+ 3DS, last year, when Gateway was restricted to 4.1-4.5, I said I would wait but I finally decided to sell my 3DS and buy a 4.1 one, except the fact I lost everything saved on my 3DS because I couldn't do a System Transfer, it was a good idea. But then after, Gateway got support for 4.1-9.2 with 3.0 and I did all that for nothing... :(

D

Deleted User

OP
What happens when you try to install something that's already installed? It should either go ahead and install or prompt for an overwrite if needed.

Speartailor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've re-installed my emunand after swapping to a bigger SD card. Any reason why every CIA gives me this error?

Install failed!
Could not install app.
Raw Error: 0xd8e0806d
Module: AM (0x20)
Level: Permanent (0x1b)
Summary: Invalid Argument 90x7)
Description: Unknown Description (0x6d)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens when you try to install something that's already installed? It should either go ahead and install or prompt for an overwrite if needed.
It does for most things, just tried with eshop and it gave me the options. Tried with 4.5 MSET (currently using 6.x MSET) and it does not give me the option.

Raw Eror: 0xd8e08027
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL PERMANENT (0x1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_TITLE_VERSION (0x27

The leftmost letters are all off screen (too far to the left), and the end of the description line is cut off as well. I *think* that last number is a 7...

Now that I see it's only certain files doing this (forgot what else I was playing with last night, but eshop certainly gives me the option to install anyway) it's not really a big deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids +2