• Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And the whole screen was different compared to mine, LOL :)
Anyways do I need to uninstall the DLC via system settings or will the reinstall overwrite the existing files :unsure:
Delete the old one or BBM will throw an error that the program already exists

NCorp.

Trophies
Website
ncorpsshack.blogspot.in
XP
Country
India
The smaller one, large one is probably the update.
Yep the larger one is the update data, upon clicking it in data management a mini screen came up with some info and the 3DS labelled the title as Update Data in brackets

The smaller one is defined as simply downloadable content

NCorp.

Trophies
Website
ncorpsshack.blogspot.in
XP
Country
India
Yep the larger one is the update data, upon clicking it in data management a mini screen came up with some info and the 3DS labelled the title as Update Data in brackets

The smaller one is defined as simply downloadable content[

The smaller one is defined as simply downloadable content

Can someone pls help me I installed devmenu(crap software) and it doesn't install the DLC properly (its same as FBI). Can someone give me the most up to date BBM or DevMenu (insert link here) by PM

NCorp.

Trophies
Website
ncorpsshack.blogspot.in
XP
Country
India
Can someone pls help me I installed devmenu(crap software) and it doesn't install the DLC properly (its same as FBI). Can someone give me the most up to date BBM or DevMenu (insert link here) by PM
Finally got it to work, but DLC stops working after I go online every time with BBM, which beats out its purpose (for me anyway) but I will keep BBM for installing themes and such....
Thanks @NikolaMiljevic and @astronautlevel for your advice - you helped me a lot :)

P.S :- In data management there is an homebrew app called tinyformat present with a cross on it and greyed out, I it safe to delete this it doesn't show up in HomeMenu ( it's a leftover program from A9LH installation)

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finally got it to work, but DLC stops working after I go online every time with BBM, which beats out its purpose (for me anyway) but I will keep BBM for installing themes and such....
Thanks @NikolaMiljevic and @astronautlevel for your advice - you helped me a lot :)

P.S :- In data management there is an homebrew app called tinyformat present with a cross on it and greyed out, I it safe to delete this it doesn't show up in HomeMenu ( it's a leftover program from A9LH installation)
The DLC will disappear everytime you open the eShop, that happens for some reason. As for tinyformat, you can delete it.

Reactions: NCorp.
D

Deleted User

OP
Any plan for sleep mode installing? To make battery last longer and prevent screen burn maybe.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question for @Steveice10 - I've used FBI 2.2.1 (current) to install a freshly rolled DSiWare CIA. The CIA gets built without errors, installs without errors and as required to TWL NAND (shows as dark blue/purplish at the bottom of the list). However, when you exit FBI, you don't get the "new software has been added" prompt (and don't see anything).

If you go back into FBI, then launch the title from FBI, it launches. When you go back to the Home Menu, THEN you get the whole 'new software', unwrap, etc.

Edit 2: I did some more testing, if you install 2 DSiWare titles, the same thing happens except when you go back to Home Menu after launching the title with FBI, *both* installed titles show up ready to be unwrapped. Is it some flag that needs to be set for new software being installed? Note that I am using A9LH with Luma3DS which patches TWL_FIRM.

Edit 3: More testing: if you install another 2 titles, then launch an existing DSiWare title from the home menu, then exit the title back to Home Menu, you ALSO get greeted with the 'new software / unwrap' sequence.

Is this a bug/unimplemented feature in FBI or is that just how it works for DSiWare titles?

Edit: now that I have your attention anyway, how about being able to install seed files in the form of a binary .sed file? So if I install say 000400000016a900.cia and there is a 000400000016a900.sed file, it will (do some basic checking and) install the seed to seeddb? I know you can import a seeddb with Decrypt9WIP, but to keep things nice and tidy, you can just install the seeds you need. Right now you can visit the eShop page but that might not always be possible especially if you are in offline mode/don't have access to the Internet.

Last edited by SirByte,

LiquidFenrir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Steveice10
Hey I have a suggestion that, I think, can be useful a lot of people!
In the smdh (before creating the .cia), replace the
Code:
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF 7F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 01
at 0x2008 to 0x2029
by
Code:
99 99 00 99 99 00 99 99 99 99 99 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF 7F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 41 01

This will remove the "asking for 3D" for people like me (I have 3D disabled in parental control), and ask for the pin when trying to launch FBI (even if software/age ratings are disabled, but not if no pin is set).
I think this can be useful if people go near your console and try to open FBI (they could mess with stuff, you don't want that), and can be applied easily to any other homebrew app.

EDIT: the problems were fixed by using the right .rsf! It all works!

EDIT2: if someone wants to try it, I uploaded it here!

Last edited by LiquidFenrir,
Reactions: d4mation

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Here's a NAND build of the latest FBI if anybody wants it. I made some small changes to the icon/banner/wav so that you can distinguish it easily from the SD version if you already have that installed (I also like small-as-possible nand files so I stubbed the banner wav). ok i confess, i'm actually getting sick of that stock drumroll sound, lol

Attachments

• FBI_NAND.zip
    333.6 KB · Views: 217
Last edited by zoogie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol