• Start date
  • Views 1,494,938
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102
D

Deleted User

OP
@Steveice10
Hey I have a suggestion that, I think, can be useful a lot of people!
In the smdh (before creating the .cia), replace the
Code:
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF 7F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 01
at 0x2008 to 0x2029
by
Code:
99 99 00 99 99 00 99 99 99 99 99 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF 7F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 41 01

This will remove the "asking for 3D" for people like me (I have 3D disabled in parental control), and ask for the pin when trying to launch FBI (even if software/age ratings are disabled, but not if no pin is set).
I think this can be useful if people go near your console and try to open FBI (they could mess with stuff, you don't want that), and can be applied easily to any other homebrew app.

EDIT: the problems were fixed by using the right .rsf! It all works!

EDIT2: if someone wants to try it, I uploaded it here!
Added for the next release.

kromlech06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we forced to use Sockpunch in the OP? Other CIA network installers aren't working for me. This wasn't the case with older versions of FBI. If so, has someone made a GUI for Sockpunch yet?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Little bit off topic (sorry for that)

@Steveice10
Do you plan to update 'citrus' to comply to the latest 'libctru'?
Code:
source/citrus/app.cpp: In function 'ctr::app::App ctr::app::ciaInfo(std::__cxx11::string, ctr::fs::MediaType)':
source/citrus/app.cpp:69:89: error: too many initializers for 'FS_Archive {aka long long unsigned int}'
     FS_Archive archive = (FS_Archive) {ARCHIVE_SDMC, (FS_Path) {PATH_EMPTY, 1, (u8*) ""}};
                                                                                         ^
source/citrus/app.cpp:70:92: error: too few arguments to function 'Result FSUSER_OpenArchive(FS_Archive*, FS_ArchiveID, FS_Path)'
     ctr::err::parse(ctr::err::SOURCE_FSUSER_OPEN_ARCHIVE, (u32) FSUSER_OpenArchive(&archive));
                                                                                            ^
In file included from c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/am.h:7:0,
                 from c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds.h:30,
                 from source/citrus/app.cpp:12:
c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/fs.h:389:8: note: declared here
Result FSUSER_OpenArchive(FS_Archive* archive, FS_ArchiveID id, FS_Path path);
        ^
source/citrus/app.cpp:88:33: error: invalid conversion from 'FS_Archive* {aka long long unsigned int*}' to 'FS_Archive {aka long long unsigned int}' [-fpermissive]
     FSUSER_CloseArchive(&archive);
                                 ^
In file included from c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/am.h:7:0,
                 from c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds.h:30,
                 from source/citrus/app.cpp:12:
c:/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/fs.h:406:8: note:   initializing argument 1 of 'Result FSUSER_CloseArchive(FS_Archive)'
Result FSUSER_CloseArchive(FS_Archive archive);
        ^
source/citrus/app.cpp: In function 'ctr::app::SMDH ctr::app::smdh(ctr::app::App)':
source/citrus/app.cpp:190:100: error: too many initializers for 'FS_Archive {aka long long unsigned int}'
     FS_Archive archive = (FS_Archive) {0x2345678a, (FS_Path) {PATH_BINARY, 0x10, (u8*) archivePath}};
                                                                                                    ^
source/citrus/app.cpp:193:125: error: invalid conversion from 'FS_Archive {aka long long unsigned int}' to 'FS_ArchiveID' [-fpermissive]
     ctr::err::parse(ctr::err::SOURCE_FSUSER_OPEN_FILE, (u32) FSUSER_OpenFileDirectly(&handle, archive, path, FS_OPEN_READ, 0));
                                                                                                                             ^
source/citrus/app.cpp:193:125: error: could not convert 'FS_OPEN_READ' from '<anonymous enum>' to 'FS_Path'
make: *** [build/source/citrus/app.o] Error 1
rm build/source/citrus/citrus_default_font.bin.c build/source/citrus/citrus_default_shader.shbin.c

DinkyBoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I currently have FBI installer version 1.7.4 (i think) and I want to update to the latest Build.
I have it injected into my Health and safety app, how do I update it?

DinkyBoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ak

ahh ok I already done that, i currently have to FBI, one is the old version injected into my health and safety app and the new build is just installed on my emunand.

so I will Just have to have two?
Yep!
Or... You can also restore the health and safety app (you have made a backup of it before injecting FBI, right?)

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does this work on 10.2?

Whenever I try to install it via Ninjhax, it just says "Failed to install".
Have you a cfw? If it's not the case, it will only work with legit cia (because of the signature check).
But you can downgrade... to "install" an cfw...

When booting FBI from home-brew, it freezes on a black screen. New 3ds 10.7.0.32 U
Is it a cfw? (because you can use directly the fbi.cia) If not, keep trying, svchax isn't 100% success rate...

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you a cfw? If it's not the case, it will only work with legit cia (because of the signature check).
But you can downgrade... to "install" an cfw...

Is it a cfw? (because you can use directly the fbi.cia) If not, keep trying, svchax isn't 100% success rate...
Thanks, I'll keep trying. I don't have cfw on my new 3ds

wblhornet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, i'm using the latest release 2.2.1 and it sometimes hangs on installing CIAs.
On CIAs bigger than 2GB it happens most of the time.
Just tried the old 1.4.17 Release and it works fine.

FBI is installed to sysNAND A9LH 11.0 as CIA.

What am i doing wrong?

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i'm using the latest release 2.2.1 and it sometimes hangs on installing CIAs.
On CIAs bigger than 2GB it happens most of the time.
Just tried the old 1.4.17 Release and it works fine.

FBI is installed to sysNAND A9LH 11.0 as CIA.

What am i doing wrong?
I get this problem too, but only the gui freezes. So if you just leave FBI running it will install. And the only way to turn it off is to hold the power button.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4