Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'd really like to see proof for this statement. And before you point to Hykem's post, it's very vague and doesn't proof anything.

Decaf and Cemu follow the same approach to Wii U emulation where library functions and the Cafe OS kernel are HLE'd. In essence they are equally accurate, the only difference is what parts of the emulator are already implemented properly.

On a side note, it would be nice if people could drop the Decaf vs Cemu mentality. It's not a competition.
How about a cooperation coding ? :)

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd really like to see proof for this statement. And before you point to Hykem's post, it's very vague and doesn't proof anything.

Decaf and Cemu follow the same approach to Wii U emulation where library functions and the Cafe OS kernel are HLE'd. In essence they are equally accurate, the only difference is what parts of the emulator are already implemented properly.

On a side note, it would be nice if people could drop the Decaf vs Cemu mentality. It's not a competition.
THIS. Lame-cheap people that just want to pirate everything.

MrRean

WiiU Helper / Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for clearing this up, I didn't see much information on it, I had only seen Hykem's post in the release thread (or it was another one, idr). But either way, you do have a point, apologies.

pol40

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I think most people don't remember that Decaf ONLY WORKS in Windows 10.

Cemu works in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck playing with the source code, we will playing wii u games in Cemu.
I'm stifling laughter at what your definition of "playing" must be

I think most people don't remember that Decaf ONLY WORKS in Windows 10.

Cemu works in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
There's really no reason for anyone to NOT get Windows 10, though. And DX12 offers better enhancement and speed options for the future than DX9

Reactions: Margen67

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stifling laughter at what your definition of "playing" must be

There's really no reason for anyone to NOT get Windows 10, though. And DX12 offers better enhancement and speed options for the future than DX9

Hardware is an issue to not get windows 10

Kristiqn5

Trophies
XP
Country
Ben 10 Omniverse 1 crashes after 1-2 secs after getting loaded
Ben 10 Omniverse 2 loads up , shows up logos on speed up and then crashes :/

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country

Yes, it's vague. You chose to keep the project closed-source, so posting any specific details would go against your will (at least that's how I interpreted it).
I never mentioned Decaf was more accurate than Cemu, I stated that when more accurate emulation will be necessary Decaf would have the upper hand for investing in a solid code base.

Reactions: Margen67

Korin

Trophies
XP
Country
I know it's a bit off topic, but I have a lot of reasons to not get Windows 10. Most importantly to me, I value what small amount I have left of my privacy.

zero318

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to upgrade to Windows 10. Several programs like Lunar Magic might not work.

So, Cemu is currently hacked together? There's less progress on Decaf, but it isn't held together with duct tape. Is that about right?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know it's a bit off topic, but I have a lot of reasons to not get Windows 10. Most importantly to me, I value what small amount I have left of my privacy.
I am going off topic for this too, but only once... The windows 10 privacy settins are ALL user settings... you can change them if you want.
Soo not going to windows 10 for privacy reasons is B*llsh*t.. there are lots of websites that can provide help changing the privacy settings and explain what they do...

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am going off topic for this too, but only once... The windows 10 privacy settins are ALL user settings... you can change them if you want.
Soo not going to windows 10 for privacy reasons is B*llsh*t.. there are lots of websites that can provide help changing the privacy settings and explain what they do...

I completely agree.

IIRC, Smartscreen was originally part of IE (Phishing Filter) and has evolved, not something new just for Windows 10.

Location Awareness/Geolocation - Your browser can do/does this anyway unless you disable it, or tell it no, and even then you aren't 'hidden'.

advertisement id - Guess what? Google uses them, Yahoo uses them, almost anyone who serves ads uses them and collects your data too! Oh noes!

It's always been possible to choose languages for a Website based on the ones installed on your computer, though it may be more advanced now.

You can disable packages you don't want from Windows Update (like drivers, ugh) using Powershell.

What exact Privacy concerns people have, I'll never know. Most of the things they added sliders for to disable, have been going on in the background for years. Whether it be from Websites, some of their update packages, or their other software. It seems more to me like the Privacy that people think they are losing, was never there to begin with, but people blindly think it is/was. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but go ahead and PM that.

Anyway, Windows 10 is fine if you know how to set it up and use Group Policy settings for some more annoying shit like Windows Defender adware, i mean bloatware. Some of my programs still run better on 7, but that's not saying too much. I can say the same about XP and even that wannabe version, Vista.

/leofftopicend

Last edited by EclipseSin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0